49 replies to this topic

#41 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

right but sterio made it sound like anyone hated on him simply because he was a ranger, which isn't the case since an unbiased person (and even ranger fans) would admit he has been a disappointment.

I just wanted to pile on the hate for a Rag. But yeah, him getting $7.8M aav for 60-70 points per year is atrocious. I guess Parise gets similar $$ for similar numbers though.

#42 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

strictly based on his contract, he's one heck of a player and injuries has a part with that too

my original statement was only that Nash shouldn't make team canada. You somehow twisted that to have me saying he is trash since he's a ranger. I am saying he is not trash but he is a disappointment on that contract, and most ranger fans would agree with me.

there are players on our other rivals who I would have taken before Nash for Canada, so it's not a rivalry thing. I apologize for any confusion...

I just wanted to pile on the hate for a Rag. But yeah, him getting $7.8M aav for 60-70 points per year is atrocious. I guess Parise gets similar $$ for similar numbers though.

it's not even the money, it's what they gave up to get him, which while none of the individual pieces were spectacular, their team identity was lost.

#43 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

my original statement was only that Nash shouldn't make team canada. You somehow twisted that to have me saying he is trash since he's a ranger. I am saying he is not trash but he is a disappointment on that contract, and most ranger fans would agree with me.

Your original statement... did i quote you or something? you're not the only one saying that and acting that way. I was not even referring to you

www.SterioDesign.com

#44 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

there are players on our other rivals who I would have taken before Nash for Canada, so it's not a rivalry thing. I apologize for any confusion...
it's not even the money, it's what they gave up to get him, which while none of the individual pieces were spectacular, their team identity was lost.

That was a pretty strange swap. Nash for Anisimov+Dubinsky+Erixon+1st then they trade Gaborik away for Brassard+Dorsett+Moore. Talk about a sideways move. Was a slight downgrade if anything. Should have just swapped Gaborik for Nash and called it a day.

#45 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

Your original statement... did i quote you or something? you're not the only one saying that and acting that way. I was not even referring to you

I apologize if I assumed but going back over the Olympic thread I was the only one who brought up Nash and you responded directly to me there.

#46 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

I apologize if I assumed but going back over the Olympic thread I was the only one who brought up Nash and you responded directly to me there.

no prob dude. Saw plenty of the same bashing on fb, etc etc. was not talking strictly about you.

www.SterioDesign.com

#47 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

Paul Stasny is my player... I think the guy we can acquire at a reasonable price  and he would help our offense...

Yakupov is an awesome player... But not sure about his attitude...

Stastny is a low profile, good player who put ups some big numbers year after years.

(BUT he is UFA)

#48 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

The obvious choice is to pick Crosby because he's amazing.

If there is a player out there who epitomizes the type of player I wish we had on the team it would be David Backes. Good lead, super competitive, hard worker, physical, good scoring touch. Kind of a rich mans David Clarkson. I think he would complement the type of guys and the system we have really well.

Posted Image

#49 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

I think it's important that it would be a player capable of playing several types of systems.  I think Landeskog would have been a nice fit with the Devils.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#50 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Thecoffeecake. He somehow remains unsigned.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users