Way to ruin a top 5 draft pick.

#2 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,134 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

well i guess it's just so he can get back at game speed until they figure out where he fits, there might be a trade coming... probly not but they really have to figure out something

www.SterioDesign.com

#3 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

This is probably more for conditioning than anything.   He isn't going to get the minutes here as he would in Albany, with Sal and A-Train healthy (whether I agree or not).

He is back within two weeks.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#4 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Definitely a trade/conditioning stint. I'd bet one of Zidlicky and Fayne are gone

#5 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,107 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Yep we sure wasted him....

What?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#6 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

1)They have determined they need offense. So they keep Gelinas up. No one will have issues with that

2)They like Merrill a bit more than Larsson right now. I guess that is fine since Larsson has missed a ton of time and Jon has been good 

3)They can't find a trading partner for Salvador or Volch at the moment

4) Larsson needs to play. Although playing in the AHL is not something he really needs to be doing...it is better than the current alternative

Edited by devilsrule33, 09 January 2014 - 02:02 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#7 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

Definitely a trade/conditioning stint. I'd bet one of Zidlicky and Fayne are gone

If it's not this, I'm baffled.

#8 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

They didn't specify a conditioning stint the way they did with Tedenby. The hits just keep on coming. We aren't winning OR developing.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#9 gsnts725

gsnts725

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

1)They have determined they need offense. So they keep Gelinas up. No one will have issues with that

2)They like Merrill a bit more than Larsson right now. I guess that is fine since Larsson has missed a ton of time and Jon has been good 

4) Larsson needs to play. Although playing in the AHL is not something he really needs to be doing...it is better than the current alternative

They definitely won't find any trade partners for either of those two. It's either Fayne or Zid will be likely traded.

#10 dmon2010

dmon2010

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Do Sal and A-Train both have NTCs?

#11 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Pretty sure teddy was a conditioning stint because it doesn't put him on waivers. We can send larson down without a conditioning stint.

If he is down there for more than a few games, and we are stuck with slow fvck 28 and slow fvck 24 for the rest of the season, I'll be furious.

Edited by Sneax, 09 January 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#12 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

He should have been there from the start of the season. Gelinas should have been up. The kid needs minutes. His waiver flexibility was favorable, but I am not so sure how much longer they have that luxury. I'd expect Fayne to be traded to the Bruins.

#13 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,321 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

I'm just glad that he'll be getting some real game time. Lou has to clear up this logjam soon though.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#14 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,900 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

It's a conditioning stint that gives them an extra roster spot.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#15 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Again over Merrill because?

#16 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

Because he's coming off an injury and they want to get him to game speed. He'll probably be back fairly soon.

They didn't specify a conditioning stint the way they did with Tedenby. The hits just keep on coming. We aren't winning OR developing.

Tedenby needed to be specified as a conditioning stint to avoid waivers. Larsson isn't waiver eligible yet.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#17 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Does this management team have a business plan for player use or is it fly by the seat of their pants? Seems like it changes daily with lack of any logic. I agree it's better to play in Albany than ride the bench but DeBoer's logic of he hasn't benn playing wasn't that the same with Salvador and A-Train?  I am beginning to hate, strong word, DeBoer and his mouth.

Lou has got to go, retire Lou ASAP, the sooner the better, let Marty retire with Lou and have one big party and fire DeBoer on the way out the door.

#18 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

whats the heartrate threshold for cardiovascular activity? does larsson ever skate at that rate to need conditioning?

seriously, I hope adam is back up withing the next week or so. we need some strength behind the goal line and he was providing some before he was injuried

sal volch zid gelly are all pretty scary deep in our end

#19 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

All good points.  And I hope this is PDB's reasoning.

I'm reading Erat is a healthy scratch tonight.

That would be a very...Lou..thing to do.

Maybe a trade there?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#20 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

they want both Larsson and Merrill playing with the big club in the very near future. I think Lou will try everything he can to get a trade done to make that happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users