85 replies to this topic

#41 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

Lou created the logjam in the first place. He needs a conditioning stint on how to be a better GM before Larsson needs one. Just more clown stuff from an increasingly dysfunctional and ineffective front office and coaching staff
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#42 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Lou, make a trade!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#43 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

No! We must trade Zid! We won't make the playoffs and we won't win the Cup so why care?! Bring in some offensive minded prospects! Next year will be the same! We can't afford to lose him to retirement for nothing!

Feeling though acting like an a$$hole hidden behind a keyboard on the other side of the ocean bud?

www.SterioDesign.com

#44 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

in a way that'd be good but i'd really like to still have Zid next season. He's been bringing lots of production this year. Its really Volchenkov and Salvador that i fvcking hope Lou could get rid of... 

maybe there's hope, he got rid of White and no one really saw it coming.

At least one of the 2... please Lou

I wasn't a fan of bringing Zidlicky back this year and I would be pissed if he was back next year. He's been more productive of late but did have that extended rough stretch of just 6 points in 24 games which isn't acceptable for a D that can't play D. I'd rather Gelinas just take his role over next year.

Plus the Devils already will have a ton of D in the system for next year.

NHL D Under Contract (7): Volchenkov, Salvador, Greene, Merrill, Gelinas, Harrold, Larsson
AHL D Under Contract (7): Hrabarenka, Severson, Scarlett, Helgeson, Gedig*, McPherson**, Kelly***

*Expected to be signed.
**Not sure if his AHL deal goes thru next year.
***I'd expect him to be the veteran D they usually keep.

Plus the Devils could very well end up qualifying some of Burlon, Urbom, and Young.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#45 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

Look at the progression of Gelinas and Larsson. If we put Larsson in the AHL for even one season, things could be very different right now.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#46 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

I wasn't a fan of bringing Zidlicky back this year and I would be pissed if he was back next year. He's been more productive of late but did have that extended rough stretch of just 6 points in 24 games which isn't acceptable for a D that can't play D. I'd rather Gelinas just take his role over next year.

Plus the Devils already will have a ton of D in the system for next year.
NHL D Under Contract (7): Volchenkov, Salvador, Greene, Merrill, Gelinas, Harrold, Larsson
AHL D Under Contract (7): Hrabarenka, Severson, Scarlett, Helgeson, Gedig*, McPherson**, Kelly***
*Expected to be signed.
**Not sure if his AHL deal goes thru next year.
***I'd expect him to be the veteran D they usually keep.
Plus the Devils could very well end up qualifying some of Burlon, Urbom, and Young.

Yeah thats fair. Id still really like to get rid of either volch or sal. Possibly salvador, he's older and having the C on him is an handicap. Having 2 guys like that is not helping cause yes u need stay at home dmen but youll always have a goalie behind yo save the day at worst. To get goals though its not something everyone can do on a regular basis and zids has that, thats why i said id like to keep him but its true that were kind of full.

Id like to keep fayne instead of one of the 2, he's younger and he paid his due.

www.SterioDesign.com

#47 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,514 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:53 AM

Yeah thats fair. Id still really like to get rid of either volch or sal. Possibly salvador, he's older and having the C on him is an handicap. Having 2 guys like that is not helping cause yes u need stay at home dmen but youll always have a goalie behind yo save the day at worst. To get goals though its not something everyone can do on a regular basis and zids has that, thats why i said id like to keep him but its true that were kind of full.

Id like to keep fayne instead of one of the 2, he's younger and he paid his due.

Well duh, I think just about everyone here would like to get rid of Volch and Sal.  The problem is the reasons why everyone wants to get rid of them are the same reasons no one really wants them.  Volch still has two years left on his deal and Sal has another one left on his, and Sal is also about to turn 38.  If Lou got even one of those players off the books, he's damned near worked a miracle as far as I'm concerned.  I have no idea how he moves either player, unless he's taking someone else's trash back.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#48 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

Well duh, I think just about everyone here would like to get rid of Volch and Sal.  The problem is the reasons why everyone wants to get rid of them are the same reasons no one really wants them.  Volch still has two years left on his deal and Sal has another one left on his, and Sal is also about to turn 38.  If Lou got even one of those players off the books, he's damned near worked a miracle as far as I'm concerned.  I have no idea how he moves either player, unless he's taking someone else's trash back.   

we have poker money now and 2 compliance buyouts. And certainly owners who want to see the team in the playoffs.

www.SterioDesign.com

#49 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

we have poker money now and 2 compliance buyouts. And certainly owners who want to see the team in the playoffs.

One compliance buyout.  We used the other one on Moose last year.

#50 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

Well duh, I think just about everyone here would like to get rid of Volch and Sal. The problem is the reasons why everyone wants to get rid of them are the same reasons no one really wants them. Volch still has two years left on his deal and Sal has another one left on his, and Sal is also about to turn 38. If Lou got even one of those players off the books, he's damned near worked a miracle as far as I'm concerned. I have no idea how he moves either player, unless he's taking someone else's trash back.

They're easier to move then people think, certainly Sal since he doesn't have an NTC. At this point Sal is being paid below the average of a starting NHL defenseman, and Volchenkov is probably right about at it. Even moreso when the cap goes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#51 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

I'm wondering if Lou will actually use his last one.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#52 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

was not a regular buyout? holy sh!t? why would we fvcking use a compliance buyout on such a small contract? I know we we're tight in budget but you know

www.SterioDesign.com

#53 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

was not a regular buyout? holy sh!t? why would we fvcking use a compliance buyout on such a small contract? I know we we're tight in budget but you know

Because it's unlikely we use more than 1 more buyout before the amnesty period expires, so it didn't really matter. Might as well have it not count against the cap, right?

#54 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

I doubt Lou even uses his last one.  Volchenkov being the most likely candidate is having a nice year.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#55 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

People who want volchenkov and Salvador moved will be clamoring for better defense when we have zidlicky and gelinas out there killing penalties.

The only argument for moving volchenkov at this point is that his cap hit can hinder Lou's ability to add at the deadline this year. Next year the cap will be going up where it won't matter, but as a bottom pairing sal and volchenkov are probably above nhl average.

#56 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

People who want volchenkov and Salvador moved will be clamoring for better defense when we have zidlicky and gelinas out there killing penalties.

The only argument for moving volchenkov at this point is that his cap hit can hinder Lou's ability to add at the deadline this year. Next year the cap will be going up where it won't matter, but as a bottom pairing sal and volchenkov are probably above nhl average.

This. They aren't flashy, but they have their uses. I'm not a fan of the volchenkov contract, but I'd rather pay him 4 million to play then anything to sit.

Also, as for next years cap, we also may have Brodeur, Zidlicky, and or Jagr coming off of the cap which should open some room.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#57 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

This. They aren't flashy, but they have their uses. I'm not a fan of the volchenkov contract, but I'd rather pay him 4 million to play then anything to sit.

Also, as for next years cap, we also may have Brodeur, Zidlicky, and or Jagr coming off of the cap which should open some room.

Devils will have more cap room than they can fill (I hope), with cap going up as well.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#58 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

I Love Larsson a lot... But the things is i would consider trading him for a young forward gamebreaker... (Yakupov is that kind of player but im not sure about his attitude)

#59 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

I think it is more likely that there is 2 of the 3 here next season, if not all 3.

#60 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

I'm wondering if Lou will actually use his last one.

i hope hes saving it for clowe.. one more hit in the head and hes going to be a lost cause and out for a long length of time.. and he has way too long of a contract that we still have to livve threw
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users