85 replies to this topic

#81 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

no well im not talking about this one specific conversation. I know all those excuses are good this time but what do we know really.

But just seems that people can never ever say something bad about him without almost getting thrown under a bus at times.

Those opinions usually are coupled with absurd expectations (why isn't this kid playing like Doughty!?)...and observations. Like "he was mailing it in after 3rd game in 3 nights after sitting out for 6 weeks!"

Edited by Marshall, 13 January 2014 - 11:49 AM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#82 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

we're really overprotecting this poor kid aren't we...

it's like we're absolutely refusing to consider that he may not be that great and we make up excuses to justify everything. 

Yet we go against those same excuses to bash other players... ohh sports fans...

It goes both ways, like taking this one account of the game Sunday, and ignoring the 3 assist, 2nd star game from Saturday. Which is the anomaly?

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#83 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

It's a disgrace he's still down there unless he really did hurt himself and this isn't another 'Lou injury' :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#84 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

It's a disgrace he's still down there unless he really did hurt himself and this isn't another 'Lou injury' :P

If LL has no idea how to alleviate the log jam, then lets get on an 8 man  roatation where every d man sits for a game each week, alteast then we know we will have fresh legs! set up pairings and they sit together

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#85 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

Larsson doesn't play well on the third game in as many nights after missing over a month...."bust!!1!"

#86 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

first off i agree with fiesty and i didnt say bust...atleast i dont think so as i want him to do well

it gets frustrating to watch him sometimes

you know who looked good was Kelly, pretty steady guy 

and yes this is one game i get that

my thought at the time was that Cory could use Larssons up ice passes; but is it worth the other faults. and he was going for slappers all night, not great btw.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users