Photo

Do the Fire and Ice Lounges need some updating/refreshing?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Heres a slightly off-topic question for the resident "loungers":

A poster above mentioned the notorious empty black seats.  Are these seats empty because everyone is up in the lounge or because they are too expensive and went unpurchased?

Just curious since I myself have never had one of those seats or been in any of the lounges.

#22 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

A poster above mentioned the notorious empty black seats.  Are these seats empty because everyone is up in the lounge or because they are too expensive and went unpurchased?

Just curious since I myself have never had one of those seats or been in any of the lounges.

A lot of people just watch the game from the lounges, and don't even sit in their seats.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#23 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

A lot of people just watch the game from the lounges, and don't even sit in their seats.

I see more empty black seats then people in the lounges though, so its a combo of both but more so cause they are hanging by the dessert station, hehe

I been in the Ice lounge twice and its not too bad, there is so-so sushi and a good carving station and if fresh the cookies are awesome. 

I do think it could use a slight update but not a full remodel.

#24 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

I've never been to either, but looking at the photos, it seems as if a renovation or redecorating would be pretty easy and cheap. The way things are built and cladded seem similar to what they do in retail, where materials can be swapped in and removed as needed. I'm not sure if any bigger renovation or wall demolition, etc., would be made, but things like new materials/cladding, different lighting design, and different carpeting can really transform a space. From what I can tell in picture, the way they built it allows for that process to be sort of easy. Things like lighting and different furniture can go a long way.

100% accurate

With a modest budget for a professional sports team, both of the lounges could absolutely be transformed into something much nicer than what they currently are.

I would love to be able to design those spaces.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#25 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Must be a terrible hockey season for the Devils, yes I have been following them and they stink, thanks Lou and here we are discussing the Fire and Ice lounge.

How about we talk about forcing Lou to retire along with Brodeur and firing DeBoer does that make sense?

Edited by LucifersDog, 10 January 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#26 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

Must be a terrible hockey season for the Devils, yes I have been following them and they stink, thanks Lou and here we are discussing the Fire and Ice lounge.

How about we talk about forcing Lou to retire along with Brodeur and firing DeBoer does that make sense?

You don't have to read this thread if you don't want to.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#27 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

Oh you are just no fun!

#28 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

Oh you are just no fun!

Folllowing Devils hockey this season isn't fun for me how about you?

#29 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

You are right but I did ! Like I read your crap. You go both ways cheering for and bitching against.constantly as the weatheer goes just to post here.

Edited by LucifersDog, 10 January 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#30 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

A poster above mentioned the notorious empty black seats. Are these seats empty because everyone is up in the lounge or because they are too expensive and went unpurchased?

From the ice lounge not really. There are always a about ten to twenty people in the lounge at any time during play and a few more watching from the credenzas right above the seats.

Long story short, the black seats just aren't being sold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#31 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

You are right but I did ! Like I read your crap. You go both ways cheering for and bitching against.constantly as the weatheer goes just to post here.

I have no idea what this post even means.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

I think he means you are a fence sitter on an unusually large amount of topics.

#33 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

what i believe he is saying is one minute your joining the anti you suck people and the next day your telling us about how you got drunk and started chanting you suck at a game.. you bat for both teams.. and he is also referring to you posting a bunch of crap clogging up threads just to post when it is irrelevant or not necessary what so ever. ... just a guess
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#34 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Well if that's the case, then I can definitely understand why he would think that.  One of my flaws is that I try very hard to be as objective as possible.  I always, and I mean ALWAYS try to see both sides of every argument.  So in turn it seems like I argue a little for both sides.  A perfect example would my opinions of Pete.

I have argued that he's a good coach because he has a good system in place and that his players like playing for him.

I have also argued that he should be fired because of his lineup decisions.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#35 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

back towrds topic here.. watching the oilers/isles game and even their club seats (guessing they are the same location wise as ours) look much much fuller then ours ever do.. our clubs always look empty all the time....its a shame really and i know a lot of people are thinking because people hang in the lounges but...
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#36 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

I think he means you are a fence sitter on an unusually large amount of topics.

Thanks

what i believe he is saying is one minute your joining the anti you suck people and the next day your telling us about how you got drunk and started chanting you suck at a game.. you bat for both teams.. and he is also referring to you posting a bunch of crap clogging up threads just to post when it is irrelevant or not necessary what so ever. ... just a guess

Thanks

#37 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

I haven't been to the lounges in a couple years but I don't know what everyone wants out of that section in terms of modernization, chargers for your phones I suppose?  They have comfy seats, a lot of room in the lounge and private bathrooms.  If anything they probably should upgrade their food options a bit, the only non-fast food/snacks I remember from there was one carving station and a sushi stand that frequently ran out of stuff in the first period.  You would think the food in that section would be a little more upscale (not that I don't like fast food but I can get that anytime with my f/b card) or at least have stuff you can't get at normal stands, but I'm sure Jeffy's financial situation had something to do with that too since the food quality there used to be a little higher.

Then again with Jeff they at least had real cookies/brownies and big ice cream bowls in the ice cream suite last year.  This year they scaled back to dime-size cookies/brownies and prepackaged Rita's ice cream cups.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 11 January 2014 - 09:58 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#38 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

From the ice lounge not really. There are always a about ten to twenty people in the lounge at any time during play and a few more watching from the credenzas right above the seats.

Long story short, the black seats just aren't being sold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just went on Ticketmaster and counted the number of clubs available...approximately 200 (close to 10% of the supposed 2200 capacity there).  But that isn't accounting for the number of broker seats that go unsold on a nightly basis...and a Saturday night game will be a little more in demand than weekday games too.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#39 sean1827

sean1827

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

So anyway, what are the rules to the fire and ice lounges?  I always see someone checking tickets going in and never bothered going in.  Are the lounges only open to certain tickets holders during the game?  Are they open to anyone?  How is the food?  I have tickets in section 3, row 17.

#40 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

So anyway, what are the rules to the fire and ice lounges? I always see someone checking tickets going in and never bothered going in. Are the lounges only open to certain tickets holders during the game? Are they open to anyone? How is the food? I have tickets in section 3, row 17.

They are only open to people who sit in the club seat section. It's free unlimited food and soft drinks along with private bathrooms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users