Photo

Do the Fire and Ice Lounges need some updating/refreshing?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

So anyway, what are the rules to the fire and ice lounges? I always see someone checking tickets going in and never bothered going in. Are the lounges only open to certain tickets holders during the game? Are they open to anyone? How is the food? I have tickets in section 3, row 17.

You need a ticket to get in, period. I've heard a story where they didn't even let a Devils player that was out for a game into the ice lounge.

When you go in for the first time, they rescan your ticket, stamp the ticket and your hand, so you can't give it to someone else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#42 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

So anyway, what are the rules to the fire and ice lounges? I always see someone checking tickets going in and never bothered going in. Are the lounges only open to certain tickets holders during the game? Are they open to anyone? How is the food? I have tickets in section 3, row 17.

Since I can't go to many games because of the distance I always take my wife and kids to the lounges. I enjoy the food and of course the seats :) make sure you get there early for brunch! They serve eggs, bacon and more. The other foods served are hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken fingers, pizza...carving stations, sushi, pasta and the list goes on. The nonalcoholic drinks are included.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Devlin, 11 January 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#43 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Since I can't go to many games because of the distance I always take my wife and kids to the lounges. I enjoy the food and of course the seats :) make sure you get there early for brunch! They serve eggs, bacon and more. The other foods served are hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken fingers, pizza...carving stations, sushi, pasta and the list goes on. The nonalcoholic drinks are included.

is the food actually of good quality type food or is it sh!t like most of the other food they sell around the arena?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#44 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

is the food actually of good quality type food or is it sh!t like most of the other food they sell around the arena?

Decent. I remember there was a carving station, a made to order pasta station and build your own taco station. There was also a small dessert as well. The rest is pretty much the same but I remember the pizza were these small personal pizzas you can get and they make them in what looks to be wood burning ovens but not sure.

#45 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

Decent. I remember there was a carving station, a made to order pasta station and build your own taco station. There was also a small dessert as well. The rest is pretty much the same but I remember the pizza were these small personal pizzas you can get and they make them in what looks to be wood burning ovens but not sure.

wow no sh!t! i have yet to sit in club seats.. i cant justify spending that much money when ive already attended 13-14 games but it is certainly something on my list that i need to try soon!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#46 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

It's good...my wife always heads to the carving station and pasta. They loaded my plate so high with bacon and eggs I had to give some to my kids :)

They have cookies, brownies, pastries, candy and fruit for desert and snacks.

#47 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

Re: private bathrooms

I'm gonna get all Larry David here...do the urinals in the private bathrooms have dividers? Or are they so called "on-holers" aka single serve.

Or are they just like regular men's rooms in the arena.

#48 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Re: private bathrooms
I'm gonna get all Larry David here...do the urinals in the private bathrooms have dividers? Or are they so called "on-holers" aka single serve.
Or are they just like regular men's rooms in the arena.

really interested in the urinals huh bub lol
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#49 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,251 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

sorry i'm late to the topic - as a ice lounge STH since day 1 i'll answer as many questions about the lounge that have been asked

it's essentially the same since it opened. i have absolutely no problem with it and don't think it needs updating.

-as has been said, when it's a sell out, it can get a bit cramped but not too terrible

-bar stays open an hour after the game but very few people stay.

-carving station used to be its own but they combined it with the rotating food station on the lafayette entrance.

-cheeseburgers, french fries, chicken fingers, hot dogs on lafayette side kitchen

-salad bar on lafayette side (two soups also)

-coffee in the center

-sushi (same as at Yankee Stadium - not bad at all) - it used to be on the side by the goal bar but the line would snake all the way into the back corner by one of the mens bathrooms, so they moved it into the middle.

-hot food station by goal bar rotates 4 different foods each game - things like pastas, chicken, fish, etc

-what used to be a pasta station has been replaced by desserts which used to be in the center but moved to leave a little more open flow. desserts are usual cupcakes, cake pops, cookies, brownies

-pizza and pretzels on goal bar side kitchen

-the bar occasionally does have the frozen ice inlay but usually not anymore

-they did away with birch beer and replaced it with lipton brisk raspberry ice tea which is the worst

most nights, 35% of black seats are unfilled at least.

bathrooms do not have dividers between urinals

cool art on the walls in the ice lounge (black and white blurred hockey pictures)

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#50 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

No more frozen inlay?

Lame.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#51 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

No more frozen inlay?

Lame.

The inlay wasn't that impressive anyway, it was a fraction of the bar width.

#52 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,278 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

No more frozen inlay?

Lame.

One of those ideas that probably was cooler in artist renderings, CGI, and in pure concept than it turned out to be in real life.  Kind of like the integrated cup holders in some of the standard seating that was quickly deep-sixed. 

sundstrom, all of the food items you listed is included with the price of the ticket?     

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#53 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

The inlay wasn't that impressive anyway, it was a fraction of the bar width.

one of the local bars near me have this and its was the first/only place i had seen it until hearing about it here... it was just a small strip that ran the length of the bar and i believe it is there to help keep your drink cold but i doubt it really does much to be honest anyway more for show
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#54 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

One of those ideas that probably was cooler in artist renderings, CGI, and in pure concept than it turned out to be in real life.  Kind of like the integrated cup holders in some of the standard seating that was quickly deep-sixed. 

sundstrom, all of the food items you listed is included with the price of the ticket?     

If I remember right, I believe the 100's and 200's had cup holders too when the Rock first opened.  However, do to the squeeze and because of the steep incline the cup holders were in between the two seats in front of you down by the floor, so they were often kicked and knocked off.  I think after only a couple months they were taken out.

Barclays had that too when I went there in September.  The cup holders don't work in the uppers because of those exact reasons.

one of the local bars near me have this and its was the first/only place i had seen it until hearing about it here... it was just a small strip that ran the length of the bar and i believe it is there to help keep your drink cold but i doubt it really does much to be honest anyway more for show

Yeah it was purely a gimmick but still kinda cool.  I don't think there ever was an actual CGI rendering of the ice slab and only just a description.  The way it sounded, I was expecting the entire countertop to be made of ice for a section that was about 6-10 feet in length.

#55 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

yea i couldnt see that working out its just too tight when your trying to walk past someone upstairs you are literally like one foot in front of the other shuffling by..i hate sitting up there after ive been drinking i feel like im going to fall lol
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#56 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

You need a ticket to get in, period. I've heard a story where they didn't even let a Devils player that was out for a game into the ice lounge.

When you go in for the first time, they rescan your ticket, stamp the ticket and your hand, so you can't give it to someone else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless you have a sharpie. Or do they use real stamps now? lol.

#57 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

Maybe some new carpeting and maybe new pictures but the Fire Lounge seems more dull then the Ice Lounge.

Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users