67 replies to this topic

#41 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

Most be a money game because Boldin just took over.

Seattle vs 49ers IS the Super Bowl

No surprise about the Broncos. Peyton showed why is a big game player. Now, if only his D shows up against Blount and company.

Denver vs Pats should be a good game. As long as the Denver D doesn't fold.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#42 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

Did I mention how much money we lost in playoff revenue in trading Boldin?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#43 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,002 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Did I mention how much money we lost in playoff revenue in trading Boldin?

How much?

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#44 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

LOL @ Wes Welker's helmet.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#45 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,610 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

Boy what a bunch of letdown games this weekend (aside of the Seattle one).....one of the things I always hate about this time of year....the NFL is a rare sport where the playoffs tend to not match the awesomeness of the regular season as much as you'd hope for.....lots of TERRIBLE officiating this weekend too.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#46 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

Jim Harbaugh is a good head coach, but what the hell are you doing faking a punt there? Can you imagine the outcry if Rex did that? 

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#47 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,610 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

Jim Harbaugh is a good head coach, but what the hell are you doing faking a punt there? Can you imagine the outcry if Rex did that? 

Thank you for bringing that up....that was one of the douchiest things I can ever remember seeing in an NFL game.....you want to run out the 13 seconds, put the backup QB in the game and let him run for his life for the time left....the 49ers VERY fast have become an unlikable group of guys (I didn't like the Cam taunts either yesterday, wasn't like Cam did anything to incite them yesterday)

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#48 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Thank you for bringing that up....that was one of the douchiest things I can ever remember seeing in an NFL game.....you want to run out the 13 seconds, put the backup QB in the game and let him run for his life for the time left....the 49ers VERY fast have become an unlikable group of guys (I didn't like the Cam taunts either yesterday, wasn't like Cam did anything to incite them yesterday)

Kaepernick is definitely heading towards the top of the "unlikable" list. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#49 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,002 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Kaepernick is definitely heading towards the top of the "unlikable" list. 

I don't really get all worked up about this stuff, and I wasn't really, but since the discussion is here: It was kind of funny that Kap mocked Cam's celebration when he has a celebration of his own. Are they fun? Are they dumb, I don't know. Kap flexes, Cam has the Superman stuff, and Rodgers had the belt. It can be entertaining, but why mock one celebration when you have your own? 

Like I said, Kap can do some amazing athletic things. He can throw a nice ball at times too, but he has the best situation going in football. Who has a better o-line, run game, receiving weapons and defense than him. He better make something happen next week because it won't get much easier moving forward. I'm not rooting against him either. When he is on, he's an awesome player to watch.

Harbaugh is something else. He went from being such a likeable coach to either a douche or maybe the craziest person in football. The fake punt move went against everything, but no guarantee he made that call. And even if he did, I won't get bent out of shape for it.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#50 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

I can't see them going into Denver and winning (not because of BB, only because I think they've just lost too many bodies).  I feel like they're playing with house money at this point.

Don't look now but Denver's D is losing bodies left and right now too.  No Von Miller and now Harris is out of the playoffs as well.

Ironically I think their coaches are making all these marquee QB's go ground and pound more in the playoffs BECAUSE their defenses all suck, so they have to protect them (the defenses).  Brees/Rodgers/Brady even Peyton to a degree have all handed it off a lot more than normal this playoff year, it's an interesting dichotomy.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 January 2014 - 04:25 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#51 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Don't look now but Denver's D is losing bodies left and right now too.  No Von Miller and now Harris is out of the playoffs as well.

Ironically I think their coaches are making all these marquee QB's go ground and pound more in the playoffs BECAUSE their defenses all suck, so they have to protect them (the defenses).  Brees/Rodgers/Brady even Peyton to a degree have all handed it off a lot more than normal this playoff year, it's an interesting dichotomy.

Brady, now more than ever, almost really doesn't have anyone to throw to that's truly money.  Edelman is a great story, but he is what he is.  Amendola didn't become Wes Welker (but has at least stayed on the damned field).  When something else is working SO effectively (like Blount suddenly becoming the beast that he has), to the tune of over 500 yards on the ground in two games, might as well run with it (literally).  Brady's never been a guy who's cared much about his numbers (though he's always put up good ones)...he just wants to win, whether it's 35-30 or 14-10. 

Will be interesting to see what will happen if the Patriots are put in the position where they HAVE to pass to keep pace or catch up. 

I think the Pats' D is going to have their hands full, in a big way, trying to stop Manning this time...I think the Broncos will put up at least 31 points.  So can the Patriots put up 35?     

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#52 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

If Kap loses its to Wilson. Same team only one who has it better then Kap is Wilson. No one expected San Fran to super bowl this year, its never been done. These type of qbs compliment there teams. Brady/Bree's and Rodgers have all fallen to these young guns. Denever. They have to do it or it'd a bust for them. Who ever wins Sunday will most likely win the Superbowl for the NFC.

#53 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

If Kap loses its to Wilson. Same team only one who has it better then Kap is Wilson. No one expected San Fran to super bowl this year, its never been done. These type of qbs compliment there teams. Brady/Bree's and Rodgers have all fallen to these young guns. Denever. They have to do it or it'd a bust for them. Who ever wins Sunday will most likely win the Superbowl for the NFC.

Last time I checked Brady was still in the playoffs.  He's also been on the winning end of 13 games this year.  Also just saw him win against Andrew Luck, one of the "young guns".  So not really sure what you're talking about, unless you think the Pats losing to Cam Newton's Panthers previously suddenly means the current guard is somehow obsolete. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 13 January 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#54 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

Not talking this playoffs. Talking how newtons topped Bree's. Kap has topped Rodgers three time and brady once as well a newton and Wilson toped only Bree's. Talking those three not luck.

#55 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

Kap lost to Brees this year. 

#30 FOREVER!

#56 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

Not talking this playoffs. Talking how newtons topped Bree's. Kap has topped Rodgers three time and brady once as well a newton and Wilson toped only Bree's. Talking those three not luck.

Last time I checked, a team is made up of more than its QB, so I don't know what the significance of individual games actually is. The Niners and especially the Panthers and Seahawks are what they are more by virtue of their defenses.

In their latest match-up Ryan Tannehill "topped" Tom Brady, as did Geno Smith. Somehow I don't think the Pats are quaking in their boots at the prospect of having to face either of them twice next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#57 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

I'm not even really sure if CFP had any real point here.

#30 FOREVER!

#58 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

No. And no. These three are around complete packages. Good qbs good offenses with elite defenses. They seem to be the kryptonite for these elite qbs that's all. Denever has a hard as hell schedule next year. Facing all these teams during the regular season. Its gonna be really interesting!!

#59 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

I'm not even really sure if CFP had any real point here.

I don't ever get on people for typos or bad grammar when they post. But, as respectfully as I can put this, there has to be a minimum level of coherence when posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#60 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

Sorry but 98% of the time I'm posting I'm at my job. I have two jobs one full and one part time as well as volunteering with the Coast Guard. As long as my words are spelled right for the most part I'm fine. Not worrying about periods and punctuation most of the time. As long as you can know what I'm saying its fine I'm not writing essays and trying to impress forum members. All I was saying is these three young qbs seem to be the kryptonite for the veterans. Without Wilson, Seattle doesn't see the post season. First half of the season that o-line was sh!t. He was scrambling every game on third downs from sacks. Every Seattle fan has said it. He's their spark without him their no where. Kap and Newton have sound teams across the board, with the exception of San Fran having the better offense. This is Carolinas first great year and a lot has to do with the maturity of the team and Newton as well. If Alex smith was the wb for San Fran still, they'd be good but they wouldn't have beaten Green Bay this year or last year without Kap. They all compliment their teams. And that's how you win against someone like Peyton or Brady. Think Wilson and Kap had better offensive seasons this year them Bree's though. Wilson's ability with no name recievers this year was amazing. A true leader. I hate Seattle but man, you have to respect Wilson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users