111 replies to this topic

#61 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

I find it hard to believe that Corey will be in net tomorrow, a back to back you kinda need to go with the back up  1 night. I would love for corey to be in net because he is looking like a top goalie right about now.

#62 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

ya'll don't think Marty will be in tomorrow?

If i was a betting man id bet brodeur will be in

#63 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

Very thankful to have Schneider.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#64 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

amazing

Posted Image

#65 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

congrats guys, big win

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#66 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

The other reason Cory should play tomorrow is that Marty's gonna play in Montreal Tuesday, as he should, because it could be his last game there.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#67 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Schneider hasn't had a huge workload this year, he's 27, he's on a hot streak, the Leafs are a good offensive team. I think he can handle this 3 games in 4 stretch. Do the right thing Pete.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#68 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

The other reason Cory should play tomorrow is that Marty's gonna play in Montreal Tuesday, as he should, because it could be his last game there.

Great point

unless he's their backup next year

I kid....

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#69 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

If Cory sits for two games now, it should be the end of the road for Debo. One goal against the last two games. 

#70 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

fvck Tim Thomas and the pesky Panthers. This game looked a lot like most during the 2012 ECQF.

The ice was atrocious. I haven't seen it that bad in a very long time. Lots of bouncing pucks

Thought Jagr looked very good, and Clowe is starting to look like an NHL player again as well. Schneider didn't see as much rubber as Thomas but was terrific when he had to be. He had plenty of tough saves including 2 on breakaways early in the game.

Must have been Shaq "breaking the ice."

#71 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,140 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

This is a trainwreck with what they are doing withe defense/forwards. Enough of this crap with Gelinas. You are simultanously asking way too much and way too little of him. Sending him down is much better for him and scratching him is much better for the team.

Play Loktionov with Sislo and Boucher because that was actually a good line that was creating chances. It's funny because after Jagr made his comments about the forwards being overworked, Pete has doubled down with the 11 forwards and either rolling only 3 lines or double shifting forwards.

Larsson apparently showed today why he doesn't belong anywhere near the AHL. Get him up soon and find a spot for him.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#72 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

thank goodness there was only 3 seconds left or zid would have skated the puck to the right side of the net and lost it like he always does LOL. he and ryder should have anti-passing clauses in their contracts  JUST SHOOT!

love dano politicing for cory to start tomorrow

get back soon patty and brunner

#73 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Cory now with a sub 2 GAA at 1.97... Pretty damn good, fourth in the league. More importantly a .921% save percentage - the best we've seen in years.

Ride it. 

#74 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

thank goodness there was only 3 seconds left or zid would have skated the puck to the right side of the net and lost it like he always does LOL. he and ryder should have anti-passing clauses in their contracts JUST SHOOT!

love dano politicing for cory to start tomorrow

get back soon patty and brunner

How many assists does Zidlicky have?

This team is going to look good healthy. With the top two lines pretty set, it'll be interesting to see what they do. Maybe Elias Brunner Boucher?

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#75 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

Boucher needs to go down, he is to inconsistent, he has good moments and a lot of bad. The lack of play time isn't doing him any good. I would prefer to see elias sislo and brunner on a line together once they all return.

Clowe is looking less slow than he did earlier in the season, team is def better for having him. So I'll eat crow on that as I thought clowe was just a giant turd on ice.

Watching Ryder score the same way every game recently, it makes me wonder why Kovy couldn't do that.

the Jagr/Zaj/Zub line is as beast as ever, but there is zero scoring finish in there. Zajac gets so many quality opportunities and just can't bury them. I don't blame him that's not the best part of his game, just wish someone on that line would find some scoring. It's all they are missing.

Merril had ALOT of visible mistakes tonight, he recovered from most and wasn't burned to bad but some scary moments.

Gelinas either needs to be up, or sent down I agree with what someone else said. Ruining him a bit.

I wouldn't be to upset if I saw fayne sent away, he's ok but he struggles a lot it seems.

We really need to get rid of 1 of volch or sal.

I also second the view that if Marty gets the start in montreal and cory ends up having sat for 2 games, PDB should get slapped upside the head.

Edited by Sneax, 11 January 2014 - 10:35 PM.

#76 Bane

Bane

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

cory in net tomorrow

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 16m

Schneider will start in Toronto.

Edited by Bane, 11 January 2014 - 10:34 PM.

#77 gsnts725

gsnts725

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

cory in net tomorrow

Cory! Cory! Cory!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#78 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

cory in net tomorrow

Good stuff...the team needs to gel with him and I noticed his stick handling is more prevalent.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#79 gsnts725

gsnts725

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

Is it me or the Saturday games are always the most entertaining? Crazy sh!t always happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#80 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

cory in net tomorrow

Good, Pete did the right thing. I'm shocked. :P