111 replies to this topic

#101 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

3rd straight game with more than 30 shots for.  Of course Florida got 30 of their own so it's not all good news, but NJ definitely outplayed Florida - Schneider managed to be great on the breakaways and it's a win.

Merrill-Zidlicky were fighting it most of the night.  

Clowe-Henrique-Ryder is legit.  When Henrique has his skates moving, that line can really make things happen in the offensive zone.

Please dress a 4th center and sit Gelinas, DeBoer.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#102 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:27 AM

3rd straight game with more than 30 shots for.  Of course Florida got 30 of their own so it's not all good news, but NJ definitely outplayed Florida - Schneider managed to be great on the breakaways and it's a win.

Clowe-Henrique-Ryder is legit.  When Henrique has his skates moving, that line can really make things happen in the offensive zone.

30 shots is right around league average per game.  And Florida got 30 shots in 65 minutes tonight.  Besides, I think Schneider is better the more shots he faces.

Yea Merrill wasn't good tonight.  Zidlicky had his normal game of shaky defense and providing offense.

Definitely love that line.

If anybody should be sitting, it's Merrill.  He was shaky tonight.

Edited by Mike Brown, 12 January 2014 - 02:32 AM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#103 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

Agree on everything. I'm going to be shocked if they don't get Loktionov back in tomorrow so they can roll 4 lines. Some of the forwards have had a tough workload lately and a back to back isn't ideal. Plus it's not like Boucher-Loktionov-Sislo can't handle more minutes.

If anybody should be sitting, it's Merrill.  He was shaky tonight.

Overall I think Merrill has been good for the most part in his stint so far, but when he's bad, it's been real rough. DeBoer seems high on him though so I'm not holding my breath on him coming out of the line up. Really hope Lou can alleviate this logjam at some point. Hell it's an organizational logjam now with Albany having 9 healthy D and dressing 7 regularly.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#104 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

I still can't believe they pulled that off last night. What a play lol.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#105 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,118 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

You sir are a -1 for being at the game and not grabbing that Fn horn and breaking it! :) Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Someone REALLY needs to tell that horn-blowing jackoff that he can actually let the fvcking game breathe for five minutes here and there.  What I wouldn't give to see someone take that stupid fvcking horn and crack it over his knee. 

So glad Schneider gets the start in Toronto.  Fine with Marty starting in Montreal, for obvious reasons. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#106 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

Someone REALLY needs to tell that horn-blowing jackoff that he can actually let the fvcking game breathe for five minutes here and there. What I wouldn't give to see someone take that stupid fvcking horn and crack it over his knee.

So glad Schneider gets the start in Toronto. Fine with Marty starting in Montreal, for obvious reasons.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=NqpNQ9AJYgU

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#107 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,118 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

That scene never gets old.  True all-time classic.

I can't think of anything I'd like see happen more to that vuvuzela than that.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#108 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

What a pleasant surprise

2 points with Schneider in net OK

Schneider has played well IMO he should rest against Toronto and play against Montreal but I guess that isn't happening because old Marty wants to play in Montreal.

Edited by LucifersDog, 12 January 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#109 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

What a pleasant surprise

Schneider has played well IMO he should rest against Toronto and play against Montreal but I guess that isn't happening because old Marty wants to play in Montreal.

You honestly can't see why Brodeur is starting in Montreal? How are you even a fan of this team, man.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#110 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,118 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

What a pleasant surprise

I know part of your schtick is saying clownish, almost-impossible-to-take-seriously things, but even if Marty's not what he was, he deserves the Montreal start, just because.  It's not a forgone conclusion that he'll lose that game either.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 12 January 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

#111 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

I still can't believe they pulled that off last night. What a play lol.

unfortunenently had to take the girl out to dinner last night and missed the game and that sweet play i keep reading about but luckily the game is on right now for me to see!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#112 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

unfortunenently had to take the girl out to dinner last night and missed the game and that sweet play i keep reading about but luckily the game is on right now for me to see!

FOMOH!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users