Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

3-0-2 in our last 5.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#122 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

Corey can't even get 4 goals in five games lol, it's ridiculous how much better we play in front of Marty. I saw it on a play with Greene where he was attacking the puck carrier beside the net, lifting his stick and playing really strongly, and I was like, if that was Corey, it's Salvador in that position, and an easy wrap around goal.

Also, Sal and Volch as a pairing!? If you thought it couldn't get worse than Peter Harrold, it just did.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#123 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Reading the posts after Marty let up the goal early is awesome. He played great tonight. Take some deep breaths, y'all.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#124 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

Heh. Moustic said before the game that he wanted Montreal to get one goal - just one - so he could get the experience of hearing a hockey-crazed Montreal crowd go wild. They got the one - and only one - goal he wanted. But he got two cheers since they celebrated the call-off goal too.

Good game by the Devils, but lousy game by Montreal. No passion, no hitting... Little effort. Got pictures of Marty coming out for his first star. I hope that is his last game in Montreal... It would be a good note to go out on.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#125 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

There was some guy that said we needed a 4-1 victory to get on a roll, so that's tonight I guess. Our cup run starts now

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#126 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

My best live nhl game ever ! ; )
What an awesome experience ! I met Don, i had lot of funny chats with nice canadians fans, had so many high five with fellow devs fans that my hand still hurt...had a blast after the disallowed goal (people was nicely make fun of me just before) " Yes ? You were all saying ?"

Oh... And we win !
And had awesome junk food... Life is beautiful as a Carter's nose ! Marty !

#127 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

What an awesome experience ! I met Don, i had lot of funny chats with nice canadians fans, had so many high five with fellow devs fans that my hand still hurt...had a blast after the disallowed goal (people was nicely make fun of me just before) " Yes ? You were all saying ?"

Oh... And we win !

Where were you sitting i was at the game aswell

Posted Image

#128 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

336 BB

#129 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

My boy Gelinas proving why he needs to stay in the lineup.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#130 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,569 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

That third period stretch where there were no whistles for about 6 minutes was a sublime example of Devils' hockey and how they want to play with a lead.  I'm not sure they gave up a scoring chance, and while they didn't generate many of their own during that time, the puck was largely in Montreal's end causing their defenders and forwards problems.

I dispute the Montreal scorer's assertion that they had 29 shots - some Montreal fan counts scoring chances every game so I'm curious what he'll say.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#131 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

With Elias supposedly ready to play on Thursday, where do you put him?  You can't break up the top 2 lines. 

Edited by Mike Brown, 15 January 2014 - 01:52 AM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#132 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,006 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

With Elias supposedly ready to play on Thursday, where do you put him?  You can't break up the top 2 lines. 

Good Q. Between Boucher and Sislo could work, but Pete has used Elias with Gionta this year, so who knows.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#133 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:50 AM

Good Q. Between Boucher and Sislo could work, but Pete has used Elias with Gionta this year, so who knows.

I'd probably put him in between Boucher and Bernier.  And go with Carter - Gionta - Sislo on the 4th line.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#134 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:55 AM

Oh... And we win !

That's awesome, glad you had fun moustic, and glad you got to see a win (my only trip to Montreal to see the Devs in 2008 was a 2-1 loss, so I got more than my fill of the hockey-crazed Montreal crowd :P). And if that was Marty's last game in Montreal, you got to see history. Even if it isn't, you still saw history because Marty sets a new record every time he wins a game lol.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#135 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

Was coming home from the bar and missed the first 6min of the second period. Was sad.

Reading comments on NHL.com about how marty should be allowed to roll with it and he should get the start Thursday, make me wanna kill something. PDB should be fired right away if Marty starts against Colorado. Marty was shaky I don't care what the stat line says, he was hardly tested tonight there wasn't a single shot that he saved (or even the one he didn't) that was a quality scoring chance. He was great playing the puck as always, but our defense needs to learn to play better in their own end without Marty doing it for them.

#136 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

3-0-2 in our last 5.

8-3-4 in their last 15...that's a .667 point%.  They've done it kind of quietly (I think the fact that most of their games are such dogfights is part of the reason for that...10 of the 15 games have been either one-goal or shootout phantom one-goal games), so it's not like they've been beastly from a goal differential standpoint (and they don't really win pretty), and of course, there's two shootout losses, which continues to be a sore spot.  But I'll happily take .667 over a 15-game period any day.  And as I'm finding, a lot of individual numbers are a lot better than we would've thought. 

Some numbers over the 15 games:

8-3-4 record, 37 GF, 31 GA (33 if phantom shootout goals are added in).  5-1-4 in one-goal games

6-3 record in regulation

2-2 in OT

0-2 in the shootout

Schneider:  3-2-2, 195 SF, 181 SA, .928 save%

Brodeur:  5-1-2, 212 SF, 195 SA, .920 save% 

(There's been some duds here and there for both goalies, but they've actually been better lately overall than we've given them credit for.  They've combined for a .924 save% over these 15 games.) 

Ryder:  7 G, 4 A, 11 Pts, +3

Clowe:  (10 games)  1 G, 7 A, 8 Pts, +1

Henrique:  6 G, 6 A, 12 Pts, +6

Jagr:  3 G, 9 A, 12 Pts, +6

Zidlicky:  5 G, 6 A, 11 Pts, +8

Gelinas:  (13 games)  2 G, 4 A, 6 Pts, +1

Greene:  3 G, 5 A, 8 Pts, +3

Zubrus:  4 G, 2 A, 6 Pts, -1

Not jauggernaut stuff, and of course the above numbers don't tell the whole story, but they've been playing better than what they were for the balance of the 33 games that came before this, and the last 7 games of this stretch have been played without Elias.  They've been getting some goals from a number of sources.  There's reasons for optimism...I still wonder if this team can pull away from NHL .500, but the last 15 games at least hint at them being able to do that. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 15 January 2014 - 07:56 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#137 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,754 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

not to bash the guy but i dont get it. The first star thing... well obviously it was in MTL and the media all went crazy cause it could be his last game in MTL, Therrien also said that Brodeur was the difference in that game and all the analyst on RDS after the game.

i simply didnt see it...? the first goal was horrible and didnt seem like he was really tested to be justify the first star? but wtv...

www.SterioDesign.com

#138 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

Two of those three losses were the butt-whippings the Hawks gave us as well so the numbers look even better without those games.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#139 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:31 AM

Will be interesting to see who Petey puts in on Thursday...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#140 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

not to bash the guy but i dont get it. The first star thing... well obviously it was in MTL and the media all went crazy cause it could be his last game in MTL, Therrien also said that Brodeur was the difference in that game and all the analyst on RDS after the game.

i simply didnt see it...? the first goal was horrible and didnt seem like he was really tested to be justify the first star? but wtv...

Maybe some people were actually feeling a little sentimental and wanted to reward Marty this one time for a great career, in a building against a franchise he clearly has ties to...imagine that!  No, he wasn't probably as good as his numbers suggested, but he did have some nice saves, did only give up the one goal...it's not like they're giving him the first star where the Devils pulled out a 5-4 OT win and had to overcome 2 or 3 soft goals to do it.  At any rate, not sure what the point of quibbling about Marty getting the first star is.

Two of those three losses were the butt-whippings the Hawks gave us as well so the numbers look even better without those games.

A warrant has just been issued for your arrest by the data-snooping police.

But yeah, that seems to be a team the Devils just flat-out don't match up very well against.  At least they don't have to play them again this regular season. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users