38 replies to this topic

#1 dmon2010

dmon2010

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Just wondering if anyone's heard anything about him...

#2 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Last quote I read was that he was ahead of schedule on his recovery. 

They initially said something like 4 weeks and its been about 3 I think now....you never know with Lou and injury reports...

#3 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

i read the same thing but other then that have not heard a single thing on him.. if he started working out or skating im sure we would have herard something by now so .. im guessing its not really looking to good for him to be back sooner then later
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#4 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

Based on nothing, I'd guess he sits until the Olympics, plays for Switzerland, and comes back for us.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#5 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Based on nothing, I'd guess he sits until the Olympics, plays for Switzerland, and comes back for us.

with out luck he'll come back for the Olympics get hurt again and miss the remainder of the season...

#6 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

quo.

#7 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

Call the CAA security guard pronto, dammit

#8 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Not sure if its mentioned in another thread, but I saw TG reported yesterday that Brunner was skating on his own. 

This Friday makes it the 4 week mark....

#9 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

The Devils are beyond frustrating when it comes to injury reporting.

It's gotten to the point where we should just add a month to the released time frame.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#10 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

The Devils are beyond frustrating when it comes to injury reporting. It's gotten to the point where we should just add a month to the released time frame. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

they should not be so sketchy about it.. i mean is it really that huge of a deal if another team knows when brunner will be back or not
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#11 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

The Devils are beyond frustrating when it comes to injury reporting.

It's gotten to the point where we should just add a month to the released time frame.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Brunner is nearly exactly on schedule if he's skating on his own right now.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#12 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

they should not be so sketchy about it.. i mean is it really that huge of a deal if another team knows when brunner will be back or not

All they can do is predict. Injuries aren't a definitive thing. What takes one guy 2 weeks to heal could take another guy 6. Its not like every other team has dead on injury reports.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#13 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

I would think that Brunner being back by the Winter Classic would be the best case scenario

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#14 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,009 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

@TGfireandice: Sounds like Damien Brunner (right knee) might be ready to rejoin Devils next week after the team gets back from this trip.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#15 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

@TGfireandice: Sounds like Damien Brunner (right knee) might be ready to rejoin Devils next week after the team gets back from this trip.

just read the same.. say he sounds like hes close..which is great we need to have him back asap boucher needs to go back down
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#16 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

just read the same.. say he sounds like hes close..which is great we need to have him back asap boucher needs to go back down

Actually kind of funny that we all want him back now (me included). 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#17 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

Actually kind of funny that we all want him back now (me included).

lol yeah I'm sure you could bump a lot of posts from 2 months ago with very different feelings on Brunner... Funny how that works around here.

#18 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

If he's money, we could legit be rolling 3 lines when Elias gets back. Keep the Zajac and Henrique lines together, throw Bernier back up on the Elias line, where he did fairly well, see if Sislo can stick as a 4th liner.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#19 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

lol yeah I'm sure you could bump a lot of posts from 2 months ago with very different feelings on Brunner... Funny how that works around here.

I was telling my friend a couple months ago that Ryder and Brunner were useless black holes of nothingness on the cycle. Then they both got hot, lol. Maybe I should trash them a bit more often.

#20 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

I was telling my friend a couple months ago that Ryder and Brunner were useless black holes of nothingness on the cycle. Then they both got hot, lol. Maybe I should trash them a bit more often.

You're basically right that they're useless on the cycle, so when they played together they looked awful.

Split apart, so they're both the offensive finisher on their line, they look better because the line their on is more well rounded.

Edited by Devils731, 16 January 2014 - 05:19 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users