58 replies to this topic

#41 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

I like the no facial hair thing, it's makes them appear more professional. I would like practices to, at least occasionally, be open to the public though. Training camp would being open would be cool too.

i would like to be able to go check out a practice... even if its not something that they do all the time.. if they sold some type of ticket to go and see a practice here and there they would even make some extra cash on it.. just something small like 5 or 10bucks to go check out a practice would be a cool thing
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#42 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

There really isn't any reason to keep practices closed anymore.  When asked about it previously, the team used the excuse that they couldn't allow the public into the practice facility because of issues with the public possibly entering the Rock.  With the new owners saying they would do whatever is necessary to enhance the fan's experience, there is no reason they can't hire a security guard or 2 to keep people from wandering into the main arena.  I don't think every practice needs to be open to the public, but a few every month would be nice.  I loved going to South Mountain and getting autographs after practice as a kid.

Posted Image

#43 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Phoenix has the best "player of the game" tradition.

BFKPbUPCQAAbJfQ.jpg_large.jpg

That is AWESOME. The green jacket is stupid. Are you trying to tell me all the guys on the team can fit the same size jacket?

#44 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

That is AWESOME. The green jacket is stupid. Are you trying to tell me all the guys on the team can fit the same size jacket?

one size fits all jacket!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#45 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Anyone over the age of 18 and wear a wrestling championship belt or replica has no hope for them.

#46 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

Anyone over the age of 18 and wear a wrestling championship belt or replica has no hope for them.

Unless they really are the heavyweight champion of the world......

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#47 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

Unless they really are the heavyweight champion of the world......

Ok true but outside of that if you are over 18 you have no business to wear one.

#48 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

I like the no facial hair thing, it's makes them appear more professional. I would like practices to, at least occasionally, be open to the public though. Training camp would being open would be cool too.

Funny how Lou drops the facial hair ban come playoff time. What happens to being "professional" then?

#49 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Ok true but outside of that if you are over 18 you have no business to wear one.

They wear them in MMA and boxing too you know.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#50 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

Funny how Lou drops the facial hair ban come playoff time. What happens to being "professional" then?

That's exchanging one tradition for another. Playoff beards are a great tradition, and theres no way Lou could step in and stop it. That Daneyko beard with the cup and no teeth is iconic to Devils history.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#51 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

That's exchanging one tradition for another. Playoff beards are a great tradition, and theres no way Lou could step in and stop it. That Daneyko beard with the cup and no teeth is iconic to Devils history.

Even now I can't get used to the clean-shaved, full-toothed version of Dano that we see on TV.  It's like Encino Man 2014.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#52 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

They wear them in MMA and boxing too you know.

I know that but those are different and those are real.

They do not look like those fake plastic belts they give out for wrestling and in Toys R US for kids to pretend they are a wrestler.  That's why after 18 years old its time to trade that thing in.

#53 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

I know that but those are different and those are real.

They do not look like those fake plastic belts they give out for wrestling and in Toys R US for kids to pretend they are a wrestler.  That's why after 18 years old its time to trade that thing in.

The Coyotes belt is real.  Dave Milican and Reggie Parks make real belts for the WWE, but they also do customer belts as well.  They cost like $5,000 for a cheap one.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#54 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

The Coyotes belt is real. Dave Milican and Reggie Parks make real belts for the WWE, but they also do customer belts as well. They cost like $5,000 for a cheap one.

That's a lot of money for plastic-looking garbage.;

#55 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

agreed... i also get what you were saying.. if someone is going around wearing a wrestling belt i would be concerned.. ... i find it funny that grown men even watch it, its a soap opera

Edited by Sik02gt, 18 January 2014 - 10:52 AM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#56 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

It literally looked like a homeless guy in a Devils jersey had jumped onto the ice. Like you said, totally iconic moments.

#57 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,916 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

The closed practices is all Lou. He doesn't wants any noise or any other unecessary distractions cropping up during a practice

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#58 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

The closed practices is all Lou. He doesn't wants any noise or any other unecessary distractions cropping up during a practice

which makes perfect sense..but once in a while even if it was only a few times a season.. it would be nice to be able to check one out and i dont think it would really be hurting anything to have one once every couple of months
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#59 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

Whatever you say my man.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users