196 replies to this topic

#101 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

I can't wait for some idiot to talk about how Marty has kept us in it making big saves or some retarded sh!t. This game was over in the first because of Marty.

you cant put this game on marty.. you're not going to win games by scoring one damn goal a game all the time... thats this teams biggest issue no one scores goals..

Edited by Sik02gt, 18 January 2014 - 10:20 PM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#102 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

you cant put this game on marty.. you're not going to win games by scoring one damn goal a game all the time... thats this teams biggest issue no one scores goals..

Can't tell if your joking.

#103 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

Well 11 in 21 out less goals
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#104 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

The whole teams to blame in this one. Ill give brodeur the 3rd one, but the other 2 were very soft. I really hope lou wakes up and realizes petes an idiot and can dump salvador, even its for a bag of pucks.

#105 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,511 posts

Marty had actually been pretty good lately...5-1-2 with a .920 save% in his last 8 (I posted this in the last GDT thread, and that surprised me too).  But I'm not going to lie...I wasn't thrilled to see that he was getting the start in this one.  I just wish Pete would let Schneider run with the damned job already. 

I can't wait for some idiot to talk about how Marty has kept us in it making big saves or some retarded sh!t. This game was over in the first because of Marty.

If a 2-0 deficit in the first (with the period ending 2-1) is enough to sink the Devils, then that's not much of a commentary on the Devils' offense. 

Looking like 1-1-2 on the road trip...NHL .500, it's not sexy, but I'll take it. 

Hey, there's a goal...not dead yet.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#106 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Can't tell if your joking.

im not joking at all.. yea he let in three goals and atleast 2 of the three he should have had... but in general the team has scoring issues clearly... again you are not going to be successful with only scoring one goal a game... but on a better note jagr just put us with in reach so lets hope someone can net another and get us to OT
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#107 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

And as a team offensively challenged, you can't be playing from behind on the road when your goaltender puts you down 1-0 with a softie.

#108 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

The whole teams to blame in this one. Ill give brodeur the 3rd one, but the other 2 were very soft. I really hope lou wakes up and realizes petes an idiot and can dump salvador, even its for a bag of pucks.

What? The whole team is to blame? I'm sorry what?

We don't score a lot, its not a problem of effort or dedication and hard work, we don't have the talent. We play a system right now that will keep us in tight games, that's the only way we are going to win.

Then marty lets in 2 goals in the first like 10min. That is INCREDIBLY deflating, and it forces us to play a type of hockey that isn't suited to our personnel.

This loss is on marty 100percent, if you think it's on anyone else then you clearly don't understand the game.

#109 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

im not joking at all.. yea he let in three goals and atleast 2 of the three he should have had... but in general the team has scoring issues clearly... again you are not going to be successful with only scoring one goal a game... but on a better note jagr just put us with in reach so lets hope someone can net another and get us to OT

Did the devils get outplayed? What was the difference in this game? Oh the terrible goal tending. Stop talking about lack of scoring, we don't have the skill at forward, we do howfvckingever have a capable goal tender who wasn't playing tonight.

#110 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

damn it was a good final try i guess
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#111 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

damn it was a good final try i guess

3-2 minus 2 softies = 1-2 devils win.

Tell me more about how this game isn't on broduer.

Edited by Sneax, 18 January 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#112 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Did the devils get outplayed? What was the difference in this game? Oh the terrible goal tending. Stop talking about lack of scoring, we don't have the skill at forward, we do howfvckingever have a capable goal tender who wasn't playing tonight.

again it really doesnt matter though.. if you're not scoring goals you're not winning any hockey games i dont care what you say.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#113 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Zidlicky deserves a benching for not shooting there.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#114 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

again it really doesnt matter though.. if you're not scoring goals you're not winning any hockey games i dont care what you say.

We have a chance in every game when we get good goal tending. That is one of our teams strengths, we just traded for a top 5 goal tender. we are a low scoring team, but what matters is goal differential not how many you score.

See my previous post, if marty doesn't let up those 2 bullsh!t goals we win this game 2-1.

Edited by Sneax, 18 January 2014 - 10:34 PM.

#115 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

If a 2-0 deficit in the first (with the period ending 2-1) is enough to sink the Devils, then that's not much of a commentary on the Devils' offense. 

Yeah kind of agree with this. Brodeur sucked tonight on all 3 goals in my opinion. But 1 goal on 34 shots? The BIGGER problem this year has been offense. Guys can't score. Schneider has done a better job masking the problem during his starts by keeping games close and stealing us points.

If you're going to complain about soft goals putting pressure on the offense, imagine how the goalies must feel knowing they've got to stop 96% of the shots to get a win.

Posted Image

#116 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

We have a chance in every game when we get good goal tending. That is one of our teams strengths, we just traded for a top 5 goal tender. we are a low scoring team, but what matters is goal differential not how many you score.

See my previous post, if marty doesn't let up those 2 bullsh!t goals we win this game 2-1.

theres no way of telling if cory would have let up 2 or more goals either.. i see what your trying to do but all game long they only had one goal.. at best they would have atleast been tied up and if nothing happened in ot they wouldve lost in the shootout anyways
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#117 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Shame Brodeur couldn't stop the two first period softies. We might've come away with something this game.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#118 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

theres no way of telling if cory would have let up 2 or more goals either.. i see what your trying to do but all game long they only had one goal.. at best they would have atleast been tied up and if nothing happened in ot they wouldve lost in the shootout anyways

How about Corey is the better more consistent goalie, that's how we fvcking know he wouldn't be letting up 3 goals tonight. There were maybe 2 difficult saves that marty had to make tonight, cory could have stopped both of them same as broduer. The difference is Corey 99.99999% of the time isn't giving up the 2 softies marty let up.

#119 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

Yeah kind of agree with this. Brodeur sucked tonight on all 3 goals in my opinion. But 1 goal on 34 shots? The BIGGER problem this year has been offense. Guys can't score. Schneider has done a better job masking the problem during his starts by keeping games close and stealing us points.

If you're going to complain about soft goals putting pressure on the offense, imagine how the goalies must feel knowing they've got to stop 96% of the shots to get a win.

Devils don't have much margin for error in most games...ain't nothing new. 

I don't want to put the entire loss on Marty, but at the same time, I have a real hard time understanding why he got the start tonight, even if his numbers over his last 8 GP were solid at a glance. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#120 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

How about Corey is the better more consistent goalie, that's how we fvcking know he wouldn't be letting up 3 goals tonight. There were maybe 2 difficult saves that marty had to make tonight, cory could have stopped both of them same as broduer. The difference is Corey 99.99999% of the time isn't giving up the 2 softies marty let up.

Fine if you're pissed about the softies, everyone is, but he made some pretty tough saves too.  Not pretending it was a great game for Marty overall...it definitely wasn't, but you're "maybe 2 difficult saves" comment isn't really accurate.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users