196 replies to this topic

#121 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

How about Corey is the better more consistent goalie, that's how we fvcking know he wouldn't be letting up 3 goals tonight. There were maybe 2 difficult saves that marty had to make tonight, cory could have stopped both of them same as broduer. The difference is Corey 99.99999% of the time isn't giving up the 2 softies marty let up.

how bout you dont know youre guessing that cory would have made the saves marty didnt... again you dont win games by scoring one goal..we were lucky jagr even got that second in the end because we had a man up from pulling the goalie.. take a deep breath theres no need to get nasty with me about it.. im just as frustrated as anyone else here

Edited by Sik02gt, 18 January 2014 - 11:04 PM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#122 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

Devils don't have much margin for error in most games...ain't nothing new. 

I don't want to put the entire loss on Marty, but at the same time, I have a real hard time understanding why he got the start tonight, even if his numbers over his last 8 GP were solid at a glance. 

Agree. Didn't mean YOU were complaining about soft goals. More other posters. Damn ambiguous message boards.

I hope Pete realizes that Schneider gives the team the best chance to win and goes with him the bulk of the remaining games. I still think the offence blows but that's been the story all year. At least with hopefully amazing goaltending we can salvage a playoff spot.

Tonight was NOT a good night standings-wise.

Posted Image

#123 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

Fine if you're pissed about the softies, everyone is, but he made some pretty tough saves too.  Not pretending it was a great game for Marty overall...it definitely wasn't, but you're "maybe 2 difficult saves" comment isn't really accurate.

Every starting goal tender in the league makes all the saves marty had to make tonight, with relative ease, outside of maybe 2. I stand by that. Being alert and in position for a goalie shouldn't be hard, and the vast majority of saves marty made today only required that.

#124 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Agree. Didn't mean YOU were complaining about soft goals. More other posters. Damn ambiguous message boards.

I hope Pete realizes that Schneider gives the team the best chance to win and goes with him the bulk of the remaining games. I still think the offence blows but that's been the story all year. At least with hopefully amazing goaltending we can salvage a playoff spot.

Tonight was NOT a good night standings-wise.

Devils have 18 home games and 12 road games remaining.  Schedule doesn't get much more favorable than that.  I continue to feel that the Devils have to get to 10 games over NHL .500 to have a shot at the playoffs.  Basically, something along the lines of 19-10-1, 18-9-3, 17-8-5, etc. the rest of the way.  Probably doesn't happen unless they find a way to win a few shootouts. 

Schneider hopefully gets at least 20 games (and plays well in most of them), and picks up his shootout play.  Devils just aren't going to score consistently enough to offset any extended meh stretches on Schneider's part.  Sucks that he'll have to be near-perfect a lot of nights, but he doesn't have much choice.  He's probably going to have to be the guy to carry the team into the playoffs.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 18 January 2014 - 11:03 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#125 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

how bout you dont know sh!t your guessing that cory would have made the saves marty didnt... again you dont win games by scoring one goal..we were lucky jagr even got that second in the end because we had a man up from pulling the goalie.. take a deep breath theres no need to get bitchy with me about it.. im just as frustrated as anyone else here

Is it guessing? Sure you could call it that.

If I said the penguins were going to make the play offs, that would be guessing to. But you wouldn't question it. You know why? Because their play and their record dictate that they are clearly going to make the playoffs.

Schneider's play and his stats this year dictate that he is the far better goalie, and it stands to reason that him being in net results in a more favorable outcome tonight for us.

And given that the 2 soft fvcking goals marty let up could be stopped by basically every goalie in the league, I would venture to guess that the top 10 goalie Mr. Schneider would have made those fvcking saves.

But I don't know sh!t so what ever.

#126 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

If I said the penguins were going to make the play offs, that would be guessing to. But you wouldn't question it. You know why? Because their play and their record dictate that they are clearly going to make the playoffs.

Schneider's play and his stats this year dictate that he is the far better goalie, and it stands to reason that him being in net results in a more favorable outcome tonight for us.

And given that the 2 soft fvcking goals marty let up could be stopped by basically every goalie in the league, I would venture to guess that the top 10 goalie Mr. Schneider would have made those fvcking saves.

well atleast you realize that youre guessing and you dont know anything.. good for you taking steps in the right direction with yourself!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#127 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

well atleast you realize that youre guessing and you dont know anything.. good for you taking steps in the right direction with yourself!

Step 1: Read points

Step 2: ignore them and continue to be fvcking stupid

Edited by Sneax, 18 January 2014 - 11:16 PM.

#128 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

Devils are not a good team. Add in an inept GM and an idiot as HC. You get what we have seen play out most of the year.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#129 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

This team is mediocrity personified. Honestly. They define the word 'mediocre'.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#130 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

+1 for bold idiocy. I can respect that.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#131 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

1. 2 bad goals by Brodeur (The first 2 goals of the game)

2. A missed penalty call in the 3rd (The high stick that was missed on Henrique)

3. Bad puck luck (The puck hitting the Coyote player, and off the post after Clowe stole the puck from Smith on that open net wraparound)

4. Zidlicky being stupid (The 2nd period penalty which led to the Yotes 3rd goal, and not shooting with a perfect shooting opportunity)

4 of the reasons we lost tonight.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#132 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:52 AM

Things may get worse before they get better though. 2 with the Blues? Rangers outdoor game? They may be back under .500 very quickly.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#133 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

Things may get worse before they get better though. 2 with the Blues? Rangers outdoor game? They may be back under .500 very quickly.

But look at the remaining schedule.  It's fairly light.  Outside of St. Louis, Boston, and maybe Colorado, all the games left are teams that the Devils can easily handle.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#134 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,751 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:22 AM

Devils are not a good team. Add in an inept GM and an idiot as HC. You get what we have seen play out most of the year.

You get a team that would be well over .500 if it could win half their shootouts?  Some of you deserve  being Edmonton fans so bad.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#135 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

Nothing is easy with this team come on. We play better against top tier teams then we do lower level teams.

#136 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

You get a team that would be well over .500 if it could win half their shootouts?  Some of you deserve  being Edmonton fans so bad.

The shootout situation is making this team look a lot worse than it really is.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#137 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:22 AM

They really need one fast skilled player.   Of course they grow on trees, so that should be easy.   They outworked the Coyotes by a mile outside of say the first 6 minutes of the game where they were awful.   But everything is grindy and they basically kick the puck up the ice, you probably could count the nice places on one hand.

On the plus side at least the Clowe thing doesn't look like an abysmal failure right now, they just need to keep him in bubblewrap.   But line 2 plays the exact same game as line 1.

#138 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:42 AM

They really need one fast skilled player.   Of course they grow on trees, so that should be easy.   They outworked the Coyotes by a mile outside of say the first 6 minutes of the game where they were awful.   But everything is grindy and they basically kick the puck up the ice, you probably could count the nice places on one hand.

On the plus side at least the Clowe thing doesn't look like an abysmal failure right now, they just need to keep him in bubblewrap.   But line 2 plays the exact same game as line 1.

I agree with everything you said.  We don't need an elite forward.  We just need a good one.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#139 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

The shootout situation is making this team look a lot worse than it really is.

It really is the only thing that's different between the 2011/2012 team and this year's. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#140 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:14 AM

I've said it before: this team needs a shot machine. If they could sustain their defensive play and add on 5 shots for this team can really go places. 

Edited by Marshall, 19 January 2014 - 06:14 AM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users