201 replies to this topic

#21 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Echoing whats been said in this thread, the roads are real bad. Surprised this game isn't cancelled

#22 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

I had tix for tonight but I don't think i am going. Sucks. Took me an hour and twenty to get  home today. Usually 25 mins.

No WAY!  Everyone I knew back in the day always went anyhow.  You know the famous game back in 200...whatever.  If they cancel tonight then this is a weak wussbag team and Lou has lost control and that's why everything is doodoo now!

DM - you're just old now :giggle:  I'll forgive you.  :P

I'm here for the party

#23 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

I remember a game a few years ago the day after Christmas against Toronto- it was right after Lemaire took over after the MacLean firing. Zajac and Elias wound up having to sleep in Zajac's car on the side of 280 with the heat cranking (I remember reading them telling TG about it), Clarkson and his dad were out there helping people get their stuck cars off the road, the Leafs bus got stuck on the Turnpike... Lookin' like one of those nights tonight. If you go, stay safe.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#24 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

I remember a game a few years ago the day after Christmas against Toronto- it was right after Lemaire took over after the MacLean firing. Zajac and Elias wound up having to sleep in Zajac's car on the side of 280 with the heat cranking (I remember reading them telling TG about it), Clarkson and his dad were out there helping people get their stuck cars off the road, the Leafs bus got stuck on the Turnpike... Lookin' like one of those nights tonight. If you go, stay safe.

i remember this! zajac and elias are neighbors
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#25 cheardjr

cheardjr

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

I really hate that they don't postpone games or issue a refund, im a season ticket holder who has a hour drive without snow most games.  Guess ill try some friends in NY since they can get to the game by train unlike most NJ residents.

#26 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

I remember a snowstorm game against Buffalo in the early 2000's at CAA...I think the Devils were down 1-0 and scored to tie the game just as time expired...and the goal was called off. They lost 1-0

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#27 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

My brother bailed, so I guess I'm not going. Oh well.

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#28 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

i wonder how empty the arena will be tonight.. i really dont know why they wouldnt find another time to have this game ... not even because its an inconveinence to get to the arena but due to it being just not safe in general.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#29 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

i wonder how empty the arena will be tonight.. i really dont know why they wouldnt find another time to have this game ... not even because its an inconveinence to get to the arena but due to it being just not safe in general.

Didn't Christie declare a state of emergency? If so, it adds to the ridiculousness of playing tonight.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#30 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Didn't Christie declare a state of emergency? If so, it adds to the ridiculousness of playing tonight.

yea i believe that they did.. someone else previously posted saying that it was a state of emergency
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#31 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Jersey,philly and delaware all did
http://www.nj.com/po..._emergency.html

#32 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

LGD. We could be looking at the 334 Club part 2 tonight lol.

There'll never be an attendance that low again due to mass transit, not to mention there are more people in and around Newark than East Rutherford.  But it's still asinine to play this game.

I really hate that they don't postpone games or issue a refund, im a season ticket holder who has a hour drive without snow most games.  Guess ill try some friends in NY since they can get to the game by train unlike most NJ residents.

I honestly think they refuse to postpone a game because of the whole mystique of the 334 club and how that gets lionized every year.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#33 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

If it isn't cancelled by now it won't be. They know people are already on the roads headed there. Would be a huge cluster if the cancel last minute

#34 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

I'll be going, can't wait! Hope they can make it memorable for me.

#35 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

The Devils website says right on the splash page that tonight's game will be played as scheduled. We have season tickets, but we're just eating this game. Took my wife well over an hour to make a 20-minute drive home from work, and it's only gotten worse since. Sux, but I'm not going back out in this.

#36 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

game in philly is cancelled... hmmm

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=701651

NEW YORK / TORONTO -- Tonight's game between the Philadelphia Flyers and Carolina Hurricanes at Wells Fargo Center, NHL Game No. 749, has been postponed due to the snow emergency declared in the city of Philadelphia.

A makeup date will be announced as soon as it can be confirmed.

Edited by Dead, 21 January 2014 - 05:58 PM.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#37 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

This game should've been cancelled at noon. Bad job by the Devils management. But then again they've pretty much whiffed on everything this year

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#38 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

This game should've been cancelled at noon. Bad job by the Devils management. But then again they've pretty much whiffed on everything this year

I'm really confused by all the comments like these. There's been games played where the road conditions have been WAY worse then they are today, and snow falling MUCH heavier. I guess since the team isn't playing to our wonderful fanbase's standards this year it's just time to bitch and moan about everything possible.

Point has ALWAYS been, if both teams can get there, the officials can get there, the game will be played. It's never been different then any other year. 

1dun.jpg

#39 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

I'm really confused by all the comments like these. There's been games played where the road conditions have been WAY worse then they are today, and snow falling MUCH heavier. I guess since the team isn't playing to our wonderful fanbase's standards this year it's just time to bitch and moan about everything possible.

Point has ALWAYS been, if both teams can get there, the officials can get there, the game will be played. It's never been different then any other year. 

Doesn't make those other incidents right.

The Flyers got things right today, the Devils didn't

#40 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

Doesn't make those other incidents right.

The Flyers got things right today, the Devils didn't

I'm not going to argue over opinions. It's not cancelled...nor should it be in these conditions. It's not snowing over an inch an hour. Now, if someone has tickets to the game and can not make it due to the conditions, and the Devils are unwilling to accommodate in some way, then there's a valid conversation or argument to be had. Saying or insinuating the Devils are bush league to not cancel the game is just bitching for the sake of finding something to bitch about.

1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users