201 replies to this topic

#141 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Try to stay optimistic on Henrique...in a blowout there was no reason for him to return

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#142 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

what a game by the devils. I wish they could keep this up for the rest couple games. Not asking for 7 but more like 4 and 5 goals would be amazing to see for the rest of the reason. just cant believe they put up 7 goals on the blues tonight. just unbelievable 

#143 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

what a game by the devils. I wish they could keep this up for the rest couple games. Not asking for 7 but more like 4 and 5 goals would be amazing to see for the rest of the reason. just cant believe they put up 7 goals on the blues tonight. just unbelievable

to be honest i really thought they were going to get blown out tonight or lose by atleast 2-3 goals
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#144 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

Would have been nice to see the blowout in person. Damn blizzard!

Nice win, Brunner coming back where he left off is good.

#145 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

I was looking at a replay of the game on NHL Gamecentre and the last Henrique shift was near the end of the second. Nothing really bad happened although he took a hit during the shift. As 7 said hopefully its bump or bruise from a previous game that they are resting because of the score.

Posted Image

#146 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,069 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

Cory now down to a 1.88 GAA and up to a save% of .926.  Glad to see him making it damned near impossible for PDB not to keep rolling with him.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#147 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

we trounce the blues and NHL.com leads with "butt save by Volch" LOL

#148 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

Cory now down to a 1.88 GAA and up to a save% of .926.  Glad to see him making it damned near impossible for PDB not to keep rolling with him.

2nd in GAA and 7th in SV%, can't wait to see what his GA%- and GSAA looks like tomorrow when Hockey-Reference updates it. Absolutely loving his play!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#149 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,937 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

2nd in GAA and 7th in SV%, can't wait to see what his GA%- and GSAA looks like tomorrow when Hockey-Reference updates it. Absolutely loving his play!

This is what I imagined from Cory and a main reason why I couldn't imagine the Devils would be in the bottom 5-6 like many said. Little did I know how few starts Cory would have. But when you show to be a goalie that stops pucks over 92% of the time, and then you come into a system that gives up the least amount of shots, your team can't be that awful.

Obviously the goal support difference when Brodeur and Cory start is an anomaly, and playing Cory will only benefit this team moving forward.

The Devils are finally healthy. Cory has clearly established that he is the best goalie. Hopefully this team goes on a nice run.

Edited by devilsrule33, 21 January 2014 - 10:18 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#150 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,069 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

.960 save% in his last 7 GP, with a 1.11 GAA.  That's about as flawless as it gets.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#151 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,069 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

This is what I imagined from Cory and a main reason why I couldn't imagine the Devils would be in the bottom 5-6 like many said. Little did I know how few starts Cory would have. But when you show to be a goalie that stops pucks over 92% of the time, and then you come into a system that gives up the least amount of shots, your team can't be that awful.

Obviously the goal supper difference when Brodeur and Cory start is an anomaly, and playing Cory will only benefit this team moving forward.

The Devils are finally healthy. Cory has clearly established that he is the best goalie. Hopefully this team goes on a nice run.

PBD was very stubborn about this, but I think he's finally realizing which goalie deserves the go-to guy treatment at this point.  And that's not knocking Marty...not too many guys at 41 play like they did in their prime.

Devils are actually kind of on a nice run...9-4-5 in their last 18 GP.  It doesn't feel that good because of the continued shootout futility (0-3 in that stretch), the general offensive struggles, and with one of the losses coming against Buffalo. 

#30 FOREVER!

#152 SQUEEZE

SQUEEZE

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Hey thats great we won, wasted or eat my tickets, but just read an article on nj.com, that these two guys paid $35.00 for parking, in the lot, are you serious???
These costs are ridiculous. Seriously considering staying home and I'm a STH.

#153 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

You didn't eat your tickets - you can exchange them for another game... devils announced it during the third period.

#154 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

Great win.  But I need to let my frustrations out.  

Whose decision was it to have the game?  Seriously?!  Those roads were not driveable.  It was state of emergency for a reason!

But good on the Devils for offering a free game for those who went.  But I'd be super pissed if I had a ticket to this game and couldn't go.  Only the Devils would still hold a game during a state of emergency.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#155 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

Clearly fair-weather fans are the cause of all the team's woes! Keep staying at home you can't-doers. Heehee. Isn't it worth the cost of you season tickets to get these guys into the playoffs? :evil:

I'm here for the party

#156 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

When's that hotel next to the Rock supposed to be opening up?

It'd be nice to have for nights like tonight..assuming rooms aren't absurdly expensive.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#157 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

Great win.  But I need to let my frustrations out.  

Whose decision was it to have the game?  Seriously?!  Those roads were not driveable.  It was state of emergency for a reason!

But good on the Devils for offering a free game for those who went.  But I'd be super pissed if I had a ticket to this game and couldn't go.  Only the Devils would still hold a game during a state of emergency.

without looking at the schedule I'd imagine they wanted to push the game through tonight since my guess is St. Louis isn't in the area again this season and it might have been difficult with the Olympics and condensed schedule to find a good makeup date. But let's be honest, a Tuesday night game against a western opponent wasn't going to be a big draw, so I don't think the nhl felt too bad about it. If we're consistently selling out they might have a different outlook.

I'd be interested to find out who exactly makes the decision. I'm sure the nhl has the biggest say but I'd imagine both teams have significant input, especially the home team.

#158 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

Broad street and the turnpike were fine for me heading home. I got home in normal time. I understand people freak out here about snow but this wasn't that bad. They made the right call to play the game. Nobody was forcing anyone to go.

#159 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

supposedly Henrique had a shot deflected off his hand

Deboer commented in the post game that he didn't think it was serious

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#160 SQUEEZE

SQUEEZE

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

You didn't eat your tickets - you can ex
change them for another game... devils announced it during the third period.

yup so I just saw, thats a relief of sorts, so unlike the protocol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users