2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

supposedly Henrique had a shot deflected off his hand

Deboer commented in the post game that he didn't think it was serious

this sounds on the positive side.. we need him to stay in the line up we need everyone to stay in the line up we cant have janssen back up here already..hopefully not again the rest of the season
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#162 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

Phew.

Your precious post was entirely true, no sense bringing him back in a blowout.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#163 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

"Steal a point" they said.. I wake up an put on the highlights... wtf. :D :D  Huge turning point or serious fluke? :D Sweet either way.

Posted Image

#164 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

What the actual fvck?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#165 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

First game of my visit on vacation.
Had to go out and buy snow gear in the morning. That was just unreal.
Made friends with a guy at Dino BBQ who had glass seats so when they announced everyone to move down he saved me a seat and I was on the glass in section 5.

No better way to start the vacation. Pure awesome.

Henrique took a puck to the hand. Hopefully he returns Friday.

On to the Capitals! Bring on 2 more points!

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#166 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

I expected a blowout but the other way. I forgot to take into consideration that Janssen was no longer on the team and Gionta would stay on the 4th line.

Edited by LucifersDog, 22 January 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#167 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

First game of my visit on vacation.
Had to go out and buy snow gear in the morning. That was just unreal.
Made friends with a guy at Dino BBQ who had glass seats so when they announced everyone to move down he saved me a seat and I was on the glass in section 5.

No better way to start the vacation. Pure awesome.

Henrique took a puck to the hand. Hopefully he returns Friday.

On to the Capitals! Bring on 2 more points!

Haha wow I forgot you were seeing this game - excellent choice, free seats in the lower bowl and a dominating victory.

As for the actual game - Blues were coming off a game last night and they just weren't sharp at all.  It happens to every team - when it happens to NJ, people jump up and down demanding the coach's head.  But NJ got 3 fluke type goals that went in off something.  It would have been nice to save one of those goals for another game.  Still, I like the looks of these lines - Jagr still has to get in sync with Boucher, but when he does, that line could be quite excellent, in addition to the other 2 lines which are already very good.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#168 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

Didn't see that coming. Great game from Devils, got a few good bounces go our way. Despite the good fortune, we were still very good value for the convincing win. Fun to watch that one.

Edited by devlman, 22 January 2014 - 01:19 AM.

#169 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

So in other words, he's out at least 6-8 weeks.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#170 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

I have no idea what I just witnessed but it was awesome.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#171 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:21 AM

When's that hotel next to the Rock supposed to be opening up?

It'd be nice to have for nights like tonight..assuming rooms aren't absurdly expensive.

Marriott's been open since 2012.

Finally we get a game like this. Now can they put on a winning streak for once? Columbus can do it.

Edited by Marv4Life, 22 January 2014 - 05:22 AM.

#172 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

Haha wow I forgot you were seeing this game - excellent choice, free seats in the lower bowl and a dominating victory.

As for the actual game - Blues were coming off a game last night and they just weren't sharp at all.  It happens to every team - when it happens to NJ, people jump up and down demanding the coach's head.  But NJ got 3 fluke type goals that went in off something.  It would have been nice to save one of those goals for another game.  Still, I like the looks of these lines - Jagr still has to get in sync with Boucher, but when he does, that line could be quite excellent, in addition to the other 2 lines which are already very good.  

The other thing is hopefully some Devils fans finally realize that it's not uncommon for teams with better records to lose to teams with worse records.  Whenever the Devils lose to a team below them in the standings, right away it's "How do we lose to a team like THAT?!", as though it never happens to anyone else.  By that logic I'm sure the Bruins, Penguins, Blues, Canadiens, Lightning, and Ducks were all asking themselves the same thing when the Devils beat them.

Obviously lots of fun for the Devils last night, and the Blues probably deserved a little better than they got (though not much), but yeah, every team has about 5 or so games like that a season, where they're tired, things kind of get away from them early, and then they just want to get off the ice and call it a night.  Hitch probably knew that, did what he could to try to stave it off (change the goalie), but sometimes it's just not going to be your night. 

It's a small thing, but I like the fact that the Blues didn't get two or three cheapies to make it a 7-3 or 7-4 game.  Yeah, the Devils still would've won handily, and we'd all still be tickled with the 7 goals, but I like that Cory finished the game with terrific numbers (and some nice saves) yet again.  Great for him. 

And I guess a tiger never changes its stripes...after Devis goal #7, I saw a clip of Hitchcock looking down at his players and saying "C'mon, let's go!"  I remember seeing Hitch do the exact same thing so long ago, after Sergei Brylin scored on that insane backhand as he was being taken down, and put the Devils up 5-1 in Game 1 of the 2000 SCF (Sykora would score shortly after, chasing Belfour).  Memories...      

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 22 January 2014 - 07:25 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#173 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

If you went to the game, each ticket you bought gets you two tickets to a game. Per announcement yesterday and tgs blog:

The Devils announced tonight those who were unable to make it to Prudential Center for Tuesday’s 7-1 win over St. Louis can exchange their unused paid tickets for tickets to one of the following four home games: Feb. 7 vs. Edmonton, Feb. 27 vs. Columbus, March 4 vs. Detroit or March 27 vs. Phoenix. As a reward to those fans who did attend Tuesday, they can receive two tickets to one of those same four games for each paid ticket used Tuesday. - See more at: http://blogs.northje...h.s44u2105.dpuf

Devils.

#174 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

If you went to the game, each ticket you bought gets you two tickets to a game. Per announcement yesterday and tgs blog:

The Devils announced tonight those who were unable to make it to Prudential Center for Tuesday’s 7-1 win over St. Louis can exchange their unused paid tickets for tickets to one of the following four home games: Feb. 7 vs. Edmonton, Feb. 27 vs. Columbus, March 4 vs. Detroit or March 27 vs. Phoenix. As a reward to those fans who did attend Tuesday, they can receive two tickets to one of those same four games for each paid ticket used Tuesday. - See more at: http://blogs.northje...h.s44u2105.dpuf

Nice move by Ownership, I owe them an apology.   I was pretty pissed last night when I thought I had to eat my tickets since there was no way of getting up there from Philly.  Still can't believe I missed that kind of offensive outburst.  Hopefully they don't get shut out at whichever make up game I attend.      

#175 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

I'm so glad I went to that game, wow. I would've regretted it all season if I hadn't gone. Luckily, PATH was really efficient in getting me in and out and my usual bus was running in Jersey City too, I ended up getting home in record time. So glad I went.

#176 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Wow. 

So glad I went too, and I was one of those that said "steal a point". The crowd atmosphere was good and happy to see the organization letting everyone come down to the lower bowl. Was kinda funny seeing the people that work the seating area keep kicking fans out of the black seats though that were trying to sneak in there. 

Lot of lucky bounces, especially that Gelinas center ice shot, but I hope it puts much needed confidence into the whole team and carry it forward. 

I really hope they play like this on Sunday, and I really am hoping for a Gionta vs Zuccarello scrap. Battle of the little guys. HAHA!
Oh yea and the train was the best possible way in and out of there, so glad I went with that route. 

#177 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

Clowe is really shooting the puck lately...20 shots in his last 8 GP (he only had 9 through his first 11 GP). 

And he's been more productive in his last 8 GP (3 G, 7 A) than Clarkson has been for the Leafs for the whole season (36 GP, 3 G, 5 A).  Probably not a great apples-to-apples comparison, but still kinda funny. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 22 January 2014 - 11:36 AM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#178 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

Shoutouts to the one remaing guy in the Diablos section still standing! That guy deserves credit!

I'll post a photo later.

I took a couple pics of the guy, LOL!

12088394246_3050dabbf3.jpg

12088037183_91dbd8985c.jpg

#179 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

Thank God it wasn't the vuvuzela guy!  I knew there was a reason watching the Devils game on TV was more enjoyable (beyond seeing 7 Devils goals).

#30 FOREVER!

#180 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

Clowe is really shooting the puck lately...20 shots in his last 8 GP (he only had 9 through his first 11 GP). 

And he's been more productive in his last 8 GP (3 G, 7 A) then Clarkson has been for the Leafs for the whole season (36 GP, 3 G, 5 A).  Probably not a great apples-to-apples comparison, but still kinda funny. 

Don't want to pick on Clarkson too much, but I'm going to anyway. Clowe is such an upgrade over DC. His playmaking skills are real solid, he has some of the best vision on the team, he actually takes the body (unlike Clarkson after that 30 goal season). Not gonna pretend his contract is any good, but I think Lou made the right choice in signing Clowe over Clarkson.

Some thoughts on the game:

Boucher and Jagr are going to be pretty good together. It's only a matter of time before they learn each other's tendencies and I think that bodes well for Reid. 

Hope Henrique is alright. I don' think his hand is serious because he scored a pretty sick goal where he deked several times. 

When you're hot.....you're hot. Everything (offensively) is going Gelinas' way. That's not to say he is not helping himself. The pass on the Henrique goal was pretty slick and his assist on the Carter goal was a result of his heavy shot. The goal was obviously fluky but I think he's back on track.

Volchenkov has been outplaying Salvador pretty handily the last dozen games. Captain Sal has been a trainwreck in the defensive zone, while Volch has been solid. I hope they somehow keep him over Bryce, but I wouldn't count on that.

Brunner back in the lineup makes us that much deeper. His speed is absolutely vital on our team. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users