93 replies to this topic

#61 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

Yes the same PDB that took a lottery team to the scf in his first year........................

I agree schneider should get the majority of time but the hate for marty on this forum is retarded, he hasnt been nearly as bad as this website makes him out to be. The same people saying marty should retire as soon as possible are probably the same dopes that decided to start a "corys better chant" on tuesday. You have the greatest goalie of all time and you disrespect him in his own building with a chant that was created for him. I was embarassed when I heard that the other day. Ive heard some dumb stuff come out of devs fans mouths at games but that took the cake. Just goes to show the immaturity of our fan base, and devils fans wonder why they get 0 respect.

And you think its an easy situation to just sit martin brodeur?

Fayne is a mediocre 3rd pairing defenseman, stop acting like hes brian rafalski. Theres a reason pdb has kept his job for this long.

You seem to think that just because PDB took us to the SCF that hes good with personnel? He has a good system, one that worked exceptionally well when no one knew much about it. Marty has cost this team 6-8 points, off the top of my head. That is the difference between play offs and not right now.

And yes at his age and the way corey has played outside of like 2 games this season, it is an easy decision to play him over Marty.

Peter harrold has no business playing night in and night out, and Fayne was a top 4 guy for us in your precious 2012-2013 season where the GOD like PDB took us from rags to riches. And fayne has also played extremely well this year once he has gotten into a rhythm, which can be hard when your always a scratch for scrubs like peter harrold.

The reason PDB has kept his job is he motivates his players to play and has a pretty good system. But keep believing that he is without his flaws.

#62 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Marty was winning, Cory wasn't. Now that it's flipped guess what- Cory is getting the starts. Moose was our only hope during that stretch. Kincaid was not ready to handle legit starts, one save against a weak stamkos shot doesn't change that.

Pete is not terrible at a managing players- he wants to put the best team on the ice, and sometimes that doesn't equate to the most skilled or youngest or prettiest team.

Gionta is used as a 4th line player, he has the lowest average 5v5 toi of any regular forward this season. I don't know what games you are watching that you see otherwise.

Our only hope? Kinkaid in the brief amount he played was at least stopping pucks, puck were flying through moose. He was clearly not the best bet, he was struggling mightly and pete went back to him every night in spots marty in his prime wouldn't be playing. You don't even make a valid argument, you just blindly believe that PDB was right.

I'm watching the games where gionta is out there in overtime.

Pete is horrible at managing players, just because he wants to put the best team on the ice doesn't mean he does.

#63 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Our only hope? Kinkaid in the brief amount he played was at least stopping pucks, puck were flying through moose. He was clearly not the best bet, he was struggling mightly and pete went back to him every night in spots marty in his prime wouldn't be playing. You don't even make a valid argument, you just blindly believe that PDB was right.

I'm watching the games where gionta is out there in overtime.

Pete is horrible at managing players, just because he wants to put the best team on the ice doesn't mean he does.

lol it seems you only deal in absolutes- I say Salvador makes a nice play and you interpret it to mean Salvador is amazing. Bartholomew and I argue that Pete isn't horrible at player management like you say he is, and you interpret that as us thinking he is a god.

You're perception bias of other posts is almost as bad as your perception bias of players like gionta and Salvador. But we can agree to disagree, just try not to twist words.

#64 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

lol it seems you only deal in absolutes- I say Salvador makes a nice play and you interpret it to mean Salvador is amazing. Bartholomew and I argue that Pete isn't horrible at player management like you say he is, and you interpret that as us thinking he is a god.

You're perception bias of other posts is almost as bad as your perception bias of players like gionta and Salvador. But we can agree to disagree, just try not to twist words.

No, you continuously point out those type of plays (that Salvador makes)as a means to say that he doesn't deserve the bad rap that everyone gives him (Only happens once every few games for obvious reasons, mainly Salvador doenst do much right). It's not like you made a one off statement like great play by Salvador there, it was rooted in your constant agenda about how he isn't that bad.

Also my emphasis on words like , amazing are to allude to sarcasm. I don't believe you think Salvador is amazing, I do however, think you think he's good when he's barley serviceable.

Edited by Sneax, 24 January 2014 - 09:02 PM.

#65 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

How much plastic surgery has Adam Oates had? I don't remember him looking like a middle aged Ken doll when he was here.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#66 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

No, you continuously point out those type of plays (that Salvador makes)as a means to say that he doesn't deserve the bad rap that everyone gives him (Only happens once every few games for obvious reasons, mainly Salvador doenst do much right). It's not like you made a one off statement like great play by Salvador there, it was rooted in your constant agenda about how he isn't that bad.

Also my emphasis on words like , amazing are to allude to sarcasm. I don't believe you think Salvador is amazing, I do however, think you think he's good when he's barley serviceable.

ok I just disagree, I don't go into a game looking for plays to justify Salvador's play (I honestly can't recall pointing anything out in a gdt before), but the way many talk on here makes it seem like they look out for every mistake, similar to how you point out that deboer used gionta twice in overtime this season and therefore uses gionta as more than a 4th liner. The truth is that's not the case, but because you look for it and it happens a handful of times you believe it to be true.

I think Salvador is a below average nhl defenseman and at best a third paring guy. I don't know where the info can be found but I think he's been used as just that since coming back and us using 6d. I do not think he is as bad as most on here make him out to be.

Edited by dmann422, 24 January 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#67 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,073 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the 2 points Corey!

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#68 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,996 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

Phew....Caps really gained their legs from the middle 2nd period on. Glad they could hang on

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#69 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

Didn't like how they let up for a good portion of the game, but a win is a win.

Going into Sunday on a win streak, perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh and yeah, Cory is the man.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#70 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

Just happy they got the 2 pts. Just keep it going boys. Got kinda scary going into the third but the team still pulled through. I was laughing when clowe missed the empty netter

#71 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

Great job by Cory.  Numbers from his last seven games (.960 save%, 1.11 GAA) are only going to improve after tonight. 

God I wish Zajac could finish his scoring chances.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#72 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Great job by Cory.  Numbers from his last seven games (.960 save%, 1.11 GAA) are only going to improve after tonight. 

God I wish Zajac could finish his scoring chances.

you know your goalie is good when the only thing he's letting in is deflections :D, stats like those paint the picture as well though!

#73 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Cory better start Sunday...now is not the time for sentimentality, we need to keep winning.

Edited by Zubie#8, 24 January 2014 - 09:51 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#74 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Cory better start Sunday...now is not the time for sentimentality, we need to keep winning.

We all know brodeurs starting.. Schneider gets the next start vs the blues

#75 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

You seem to think that just because PDB took us to the SCF that hes good with personnel? He has a good system, one that worked exceptionally well when no one knew much about it. Marty has cost this team 6-8 points, off the top of my head. That is the difference between play offs and not right now.

And yes at his age and the way corey has played outside of like 2 games this season, it is an easy decision to play him over Marty.

Peter harrold has no business playing night in and night out, and Fayne was a top 4 guy for us in your precious 2012-2013 season where the GOD like PDB took us from rags to riches. And fayne has also played extremely well this year once he has gotten into a rhythm, which can be hard when your always a scratch for scrubs like peter harrold.

The reason PDB has kept his job is he motivates his players to play and has a pretty good system. But keep believing that he is without his flaws.

God this is bad. Okay so since you have those 6-8 points on the top of your head, name every single point right now. And how is it 6 to 8? If your so positive about those points wouldnt it be a definite amount, not an approximation? Lol are you sure about those 5 minutes, ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THOSE 5 MINUTES.

And by all means necessary ignore the games marty has won for us by standing on his head. You know any knowledgeable fan would APPRECIATE being able to see this legendary player every single game he has left, yet you cant seem to get him out of here quick enough. What an immature, unappreciative view you have on THE most important player in this teams history. Are you one of those people who became a fan when we got kovy or when we went to the scf? Not being a smartass im serious, because you have the mindset of one of those fans.

Again if you think if its easy to just sit martin brodeur then youre naive and clueless dude. Going into the season you should have known this is what it was going to be.

Mark fayne is MEDIOCRE. He was mediocre in 2012, hes the same now. He hasnt made the next step to a shutdown guy, he still makes dumb reads, dumb passes, but he makes up for it with very good plays sometimes. Thats an average defenseman. Harrold does the same thing but makes a few more mistakes defensively but brings much much more offensively.

I never said pdb was godlike, Im pointing out that him playing brodeur and gionta doesnt make him a worse coach. Hes done a great job of coaching this team since he toom over 3 years ago.

#76 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,582 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

Great game by Schneider and decent game from the forwards.  Still, the defense has a couple issues - they should not be giving up this many shots to an Ovechkinless Capitals team even with the lead for most of the game.  And Salvador-Volchenkov should never close out a game - that's utter insanity.

Whitney did absolutely nothing right tonight, I wouldn't be shocked if he went right back down, and if he plays like this again on Sunday I'll be shocked if he is still here.

Edited by Triumph, 24 January 2014 - 09:58 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#77 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

God this is bad. Okay so since you have those 6-8 points on the top of your head, name every single point right now. And how is it 6 to 8? If your so positive about those points wouldnt it be a definite amount, not an approximation? Lol are you sure about those 5 minutes, ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THOSE 5 MINUTES.

And by all means necessary ignore the games marty has won for us by standing on his head. You know any knowledgeable fan would APPRECIATE being able to see this legendary player every single game he has left, yet you cant seem to get him out of here quick enough. What an immature, unappreciative view you have on THE most important player in this teams history. Are you one of those people who became a fan when we got kovy or when we went to the scf? Not being a smartass im serious, because you have the mindset of one of those fans.

Again if you think if its easy to just sit martin brodeur then youre naive and clueless dude. Going into the season you should have known this is what it was going to be.

Mark fayne is MEDIOCRE. He was mediocre in 2012, hes the same now. He hasnt made the next step to a shutdown guy, he still makes dumb reads, dumb passes, but he makes up for it with very good plays sometimes. Thats an average defenseman. Harrold does the same thing but makes a few more mistakes defensively but brings much much more offensively.

I never said pdb was godlike, Im pointing out that him playing brodeur and gionta doesnt make him a worse coach. Hes done a great job of coaching this team since he toom over 3 years ago

I think your clueless if you think that sitting broduer for corey is even close to a hard decision. Look at their play. Sure their is legacy attached to it, but this should have been corey job a long time ago. The amount of points im throwing out are based on starts where he has played us out of a competitive game and in some cases played us out of a win, games like that blue jackets game a few weeks ago. Its variable, he has cost us some points. Using approximations is what im doing because I don't give a sh!t enough to wade through the games played this year to give you a specific number. But I watch every game, something I'm sure you don't if you believe corey and marty are remotely equal in their goal tending this year.  

You said it yourself, he's the most important person in our teams HISTORY. The thing about legends is, they are normally a past tense thing, no one wants to see a living legend outstay his welcome and put a sour taste in fans mouths, which is what would have happened if this sh!t with him playing over corey continued. I have no problem with him being the back up, I have a problem with him playing as the starter and potentially costing us a season (he is not consistent enough to be a starter that's the reality). You can live in the past, but I'm watching this years team not the cup winning teams of past. It's not like I'm calling marty a piece of sh!t, he's just not that good of a goalie anymore, and in the meantime we have a top goalie in his prime who did a lot of pine riding to start the season.

And as for that stupid baseless kovy remark? Let's assume I was a fan starting at the SCF and I hoped on the band wagon, I'm still here watching a pretty mediocre team religiously. Makes a lot of sense.

I want what's best for the team, I don't want to watch us consistently fielding a team that isn't giving us the best chance to win. Which with marty in net over corey, it most certainly isn't. I don't care what notions you have about the team and what we owe marty, you won't see me complaining about his contract or sh!t like drafting his son like some people do. Because he has earned that and more for what he's done here, but there should be no sacrifice in the product on the ice for him.

next, Mark Fayne is mediocre so he should sit for peter harrold? You are the clueless one my friend. Honestly don't say a word to be about being clueless when you think guys like Harrold should play over Fayne. Also fayne played large role on our defense that SCF year, I'm sorry you live in a revisionist history world, the greene-fayne pairing was far and away our best pairing and it wasn't just because of andy greene. That being said I believe fayne has regressed a bit given his treatment, and even if his ceiling his a 3rd pairing guy, he is far and away better than peter Harold.

#78 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

Victory!

My record is now 7-1-3 in attended games this year.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#79 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,207 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

Yes the same PDB that took a lottery team to the scf in his first year........................

They were a 'lottery team' without Parise, and with one of the handful of worst coaches in NHL history.  Pete didn't do some great restoration job, the talent was there.  They even went 28-10-3 in the second half of '10-11 with the same group minus Parise and with JL instead of Pete.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 January 2014 - 11:07 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#80 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

tonight made me realize again just how badly i hate sitting with the diablos.. sat in 122 my buddy has a pair of season and my god..those people up there just yell out the dumbest stuff i swear.. i can even tell you how many times i heard the word "omaha" like i was at a football game
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users