redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,520 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

PDB Just announced on MSG
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#2 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

which we all knew.. no surprise here
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#3 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

Shocked.  Shocked I tell you.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#4 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,374 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Pull one more rabbit out of your hat Brodeur then get used to the bench.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#5 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

There was 0 chance that Schneider was going to start this game.   This is a goodbye kiss to Marty, IF he decides to retire after this year.   This is his reward for his Devil career.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#6 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

Marty deserves this honor. I just hope after this game he will gracefully accept Cory as the #1.

#7 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

They should have just decided to split the game. Brodeur deserves the honor of the devils fIrst outdoor game though.

Edited by StormJosh, 25 January 2014 - 01:42 PM.

#8 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

They should have just decided to split the game. Brodeur deserves the honor of the devils fIrst outdoor game though.

That's a terrible idea.

Hopefully, the game gets sloppy (the ice should be less than perfect). Marty's always been good when things get chaotic.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#9 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

100th game vs the Rangers, going for win #50 and one last time sticking it to them on a stage. I wouldn't doubt Brodeur here if you believe in such things as right place, right time, last chance. You'll get the best of what he has left, because he knows what this means. It's a fitting place, time and opportunity to give one last moment. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 25 January 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#10 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

Marty deserves this and wont let us down!

#11 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

this is on par with can Clemmensen come in in the shootout so dumb

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#12 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

I hope Marty enjoys every single minute because it has to be 85% Cory for the stretch run. I'm hoping for a little bit of Marty magic tomorrow. Possibly his last great Devils moment.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#13 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

100th game vs the Rangers, going for win #50 and one last time sticking it to them on a stage. I wouldn't doubt Brodeur here if you believe in such things as right place, right time, last chance. You'll get the best of what he has left, because he knows what this means. It's a fitting place, time and opportunity to give one last moment. 

I wasn't even aware of those numbers. Haven't thought too much about this possibly being his last Rangers game (at least in the Devils - Rangers rivalry) either. Wow, that makes it even more emotional. Writers ask Marty about playing somewhere for the last time non stop, but I haven't really been paying attention (esp. with him saying he might go another year [and with another team, possibly]), but yeah, realizing this might be the last time I watch him playing the Rangers... if he wins, I'm gonna get choked up for sure! :P

#14 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

Its really a non-issue. People who are outraged that Cory isn't starting aren't realizing, its not like Cory is going to start EVERY game the rest of the year. they are splitting time, whether or not you like the division of time is certainly an issue.

But its another regular season game, and there was no way Marty was not starting. There's no way you do that to a 20 year veteran who you have in basically a platoon situation.

This announcement was not shocking news to me.

#15 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

I was joking if course

#16 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

Good luck Marty have a good game.

#17 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

That's fine. We still need 2 points so let's hope #30 brings it.

#18 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,754 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

I hope Marty enjoys every single minute because it has to be 85% Cory for the stretch run. I'm hoping for a little bit of Marty magic tomorrow. Possibly his last great Devils moment.

Funny, in a way this is how I see it.  He'll get other games, probably win a few more, but this one can be one of his most memorable if he plays well and looks like the Marty of old one last time.  It would so awesome if he could somehow pitch a shutout in this one.     

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#19 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

I was joking if course

Sorry, somebody said that seriously in a different thread, so joke went over my head this time.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#20 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Funny, in a way this is how I see it.  He'll get other games, probably win a few more, but this one can be one of his most memorable if he plays well and looks like the Marty of old one last time.  It would so awesome if he could somehow pitch a shutout in this one.     

Yeah, I definitely would be much more confident with Schneider in there, but I'm going to go in hoping for some magic. Its sad, but at this point I just want a solid game and hope he doesn't get embarrassed in the spotlight. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users