558 replies to this topic

#301 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

The Devils have pretty much guaranteed they won't be in any more games like this for a long time
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#302 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

This team comes in hot playing well. Then just crap the bed. This defense has been exposed

#303 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

Great replay of Volchenkov knocking down Marty leading to a goal.

He both screened AND knocked down Marty. :argh:

#304 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Glad they've just let this totally devolve into a Ranger broadcast...

Its a shame too because there are tons of Devils fan here but there is nothing to cheer for. I haven't been this pissed off about a game in awhile.

#305 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Embarrassed on the national stage like this. I hope Lou is happy

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#306 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

The Devils decided the best way to honor the red and green uniforms was to play like a Mickey Mouse team today. :argh:

#307 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

The Devils have pretty much guaranteed they won't be in any more games like this for a long time

Because they are playing a bad game?

#308 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Great point really counters what I said, oh wait it doesn't. Full retard mode activate.

Haha, who's in retard mode? If anything, I countered what you said Rags fans might say.

#309 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,960 posts

For everyone leaping off the ledge, keep in mind that despite all the pomp and circumstance its a regular season game. It sucks, but days like this happen. Don't slit your wrists.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#310 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Just saw a photo of the Stepan breakaway and he has Zajacs stick in his hand. Devils obviously played embarrassingly awful but refs weren't much better today

#311 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

I got to see Alain Vigneault's pre-game speech and not Deboer's one. I can guess why. If I was in the media and had the ear of anyone in the NHL, I would make sure THAT would guarantee the Devil's didn't see a game like this for a while.

Edited by devils102, 26 January 2014 - 04:15 PM.

Posted Image

#312 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Embarrassed on the national stage like this. I hope Lou is happy

You think Lou hated this kind of thing before.... He's gonna crack down like never before. We'll be lucky if the players are allowed to have names and numbers on their jerseys next year.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#313 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

Its a shame too because there are tons of Devils fan here but there is nothing to cheer for. I haven't been this pissed off about a game in awhile.

Yes, more Devils then Rangers fans for sure. It's a shame that the flaws of the personnel constructed by a GM who can pretty much do nothing wrong and still be employed ruined the time, money and perhaps even the reputation of the organization on a big stage. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 26 January 2014 - 04:15 PM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#314 cheggy89

cheggy89

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Hope Cory gets the start Tuesday against blues

#315 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

For everyone leaping off the ledge, keep in mind that despite all the pomp and circumstance its a regular season game. It sucks, but days like this happen. Don't slit your wrists.

TRUE. But keep in mind that because of all the pomp and circumstance it is the worst time to fall apart. This team just lost complete legitimacy with this game.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#316 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

I just can't stand this. Have a shot to be in a playoff spot u would think the players would play harder but it's like they don't want a playoff spot

#317 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

They sh!t the bed in just about every way in the second period, no question. Bad defense and unlucky deflection off Zidlicky's ass, they didn't deserve to win.

#318 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

I got to see Alain Vigneault's pre-game speech and not Deboer's one. I can guess why. If I was in the media I would make sure THAT would guarantee the Devil's didn't see a game like this for a while.

Yeah everything added together. The refusal to give access and play ball leading up to
It, plus laying an egg on top of it all.

Hope Cory gets the start Tuesday against blues

He is. This game pretty much solidified Cory as the starter for 85-90% of the rest of the season.

#319 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

I wish Janssen was at least there to punch someone. But if he was he would probably just fall down and the fight would end, the way this game has gone.

Edited by mfitz804, 26 January 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#320 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Cory should be the official number 1 from here on out. I love Marty but Idk if he has anything left which sux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users