558 replies to this topic

#381 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Brodeur can't be defended in any way tonight. There are goalies who stop ALL 6 of what he gave up tonight. There were no incredible tips or 150mph howitzers to the top corner. It was lame trickly garbage.

Even on the 3-1 that goals was SOFT. The second Zuccarello goal was a joke as well. Stralman...forget it.

Brodeur broke the Devils backs today. This was not a shooting gallery. These were floaters and tricklers.

Edited by '7', 26 January 2014 - 05:41 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#382 cheggy89

cheggy89

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

Just sucks that they gave up a 3-1 lead in first period! We should have punished them but they chocked!

#383 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

I'll comment more on this later.. But I'm sitting in Penn Station right now, thinking this whole thing over.

In general, what an awesome experience. My dad and I had an absolute blast, the atmosphere was amazing (and cold, especially in the 2nd period) but it was great.

Brodeur was awful this game. The D was bad, but he literally didn't make a single big save. Every single dangerous shot got by him.. That second goal was a back breaker. Devils had the momentum, the game was theirs.. And in the blink of an eye, the Rangers had all the momentum.

Positives? JJ looked good, hope he gets a chance. This should solidify Cory as the starter for the rest of the season, no questions asked.

Shame they couldn't get this win in, would've been great to send these a$$holes home without something to cheer about.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#384 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Stepan holding Zajac's stick on his breakaway... No wonder he couldn't get the shot off.

Haven't seen a penalty shot (personally) in months and two in the last two outdoor games... hmmmm...

I just had this convo with a buddy of mine

Very rare to see, and with the one in last night's Ducks/Kings game, and the one today...

2 in less than 24 hours

Very interesting to say the least

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#385 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,757 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

Penalty shots are not that rare and if Zajac fouled Stepan there (which is what refs assume), that's worthy of a penalty shot

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#386 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

I just had this convo with a buddy of mine

Very rare to see, and with the one in last night's Ducks/Kings game, and the one today...

2 in less than 24 hours

Very interesting to say the least

Remember the days when you saw a penalty shot maybe three times a season? And even then you had to really earn it.

#387 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Remember the days when you saw a penalty shot maybe three times a season? And even then you had to really earn it.

I rather have the rule the way it is now.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#388 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

Remember the days when hockey games were played like hockey games? If it's up to Bettman the whole game would be a shutout.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#389 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,757 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Anyway this is what happens when you don't play well and Brodeur is in net - the Rangers are fast and NJ made a lot of bad plays that helped that speed out.  We can only hope this is what gets the coaching staff to see what a lot of others are seeing - Brodeur is through and should play, at most, in back to back games the rest of the season.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#390 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

I rather have the rule the way it is now.

It comes off as being too contrived.

#391 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Brodeur can't be defended in any way tonight. There are goalies who stop ALL 6 of what he gave up tonight. There were no incredible tips or 150mph howitzers to the top corner. It was lame trickly garbage.

Even on the 3-1 that goals was SOFT. The second Zuccarello goal was a joke as well. Stralman...forget it.

Brodeur broke the Devils backs today. This was not a shooting gallery. These were floaters and tricklers.

I only saw three Rangers goals (4th, 5th, and 6th), but none of those three can be pinned on Brodeur.  The 3 on 1 was a redirection to the opposite side of the net that the pass was going to, that's usually a goal against anybody, and the other two goals were deflected by his own defensemen.  You've had it out for Brodeur for years, so clearly you are having a hard time analyzing these goals objectively or have never actually played goalie yourself, or both.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#392 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

As big of.a brodeur.supporter i am schedier needs to b the number 1for the rest of the season if we want to attempt to make the playoffs. That was the worst game ive ever seen him play. He should have stopped at least half.of them. As a.golie myself i.cant fault him on odd man breaks as its not easy on tje goalie (the d and the tram are supposed to prevent them)

Edited by bobilly45, 26 January 2014 - 06:11 PM.

#393 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

It comes off as being too contrived.

I understand.  But I think 5-10 PS's per team per season is ideal.  Back in the day it was too rare imo.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#394 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

I agree completely unfortunately.  Yes the defense was horrible, but not one of the goals the Rags scored came off of good scoring chances.  Even the 3 on 1 goal by Zuccarello was more due to bad lateral movement by him.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the Nash goal because of the deflections.  All 6 goals should have been stopped no matter how bad some of the defensive breakdowns were.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#395 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

As big of.a brodeur.supporter i am schedier needs to b the number 1for the rest of the season if we want to attempt to make the playoffs. That was the worst game ive ever seen him play and every goal was very stoppable

I'd agree with everything there except the last part. They weren't all stoppable. The difference was, the Brodeur of old would have found a way to stop a few of them. He just doesn't have that anymore. It's sad to see, but I hope this helps him realize it's time to end it at the end of the season. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#396 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

I agree completely unfortunately.  Yes the defense was horrible, but not one of the goals the Rags scored came off of good scoring chances.  Even the 3 on 1 goal by Zuccarello was more due to bad lateral movement by him.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the Nash goal because of the deflections.  All 6 goals should have been stopped no matter how bad some of the defensive breakdowns were.

How can you say "not one of the Rags goals came off of good scoring chances" and then immediately say "even the 3 on 1". In what league is a 3 on 1 not a good scoring chance?

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#397 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

I'd agree with everything there except the last part. They weren't all stoppable. The difference was, the Brodeur of old would have found a way to stop a few of them. He just doesn't have that anymore. It's sad to see, but I hope this helps him realize it's time to end it at the end of the season. 

I'd like to know which goal was not stoppable.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#398 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

The Brodeur of old wouldn't have had to worry about liabilities such as Volchenkov running him over and having his ass facing the shot and the complete and utter slowness of Salvador and the cluelessness of Fayne. As much as Brodeur could have/should have gotten one or two....there's no way he's walking into the HOF behind that kind of defense his whole career.

#399 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

How can you say "not one of the Rags goals came off of good scoring chances" and then immediately say "even the 3 on 1". In what league is a 3 on 1 not a good scoring chance?

The 3 on 1 wasn't some sort of amazing passing play.  He had enough time to get to his post.  Zuccarello simply snuck the puck in past him.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#400 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

I'll comment more on this later.. But I'm sitting in Penn Station right now, thinking this whole thing over.

In general, what an awesome experience. My dad and I had an absolute blast, the atmosphere was amazing (and cold, especially in the 2nd period) but it was great.

Brodeur was awful this game. The D was bad, but he literally didn't make a single big save. Every single dangerous shot got by him.. That second goal was a back breaker. Devils had the momentum, the game was theirs.. And in the blink of an eye, the Rangers had all the momentum.

Positives? JJ looked good, hope he gets a chance. This should solidify Cory as the starter for the rest of the season, no questions asked.

Shame they couldn't get this win in, would've been great to send these a$$holes home without something to cheer about.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We agree. How bad was the trip home since the game was delayed and therefore probably effected transportation?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users