27 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

That was great! Sadly the most recognizable living Yankees baseball voice out here is John Sterling

Oh lord, please for the love of Jesus, Mohammed, Moses and Zeus, don't have that guy anywhere near to ruin the game tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Anson Carter is pretty awful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#22 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

This game feels really stale to me for some reason.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#23 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

This game feels really stale to me for some reason.

That's because it is.  I can't even force myself to pay attention to it.

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#24 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

It just feels gimmicky and disingenuous. Maybe it's something about it not being in the cold for me, I don't know.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#25 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

With the Kings loss tonight, they're 4-10-3 in their last 17 games.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#26 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,933 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

There was more "sports entertainmentzzzzzz" in that game than the Super Bowl and Wrestlemania COMBINED.....I lost interest in the damn game before the puck even dropped.....when I watch a football game, I wanna see football, when I turn on a hockey game I don't need to see irrelevant baseball players and a frakking Rock Concert (no matter how much I might actually enjoy Kiss' music....)..... I'm really sick and damned tired of this trend in sports.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#27 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

There was more "sports entertainmentzzzzzz" in that game than the Super Bowl and Wrestlemania COMBINED.....I lost interest in the damn game before the puck even dropped.....when I watch a football game, I wanna see football, when I turn on a hockey game I don't need to see irrelevant baseball players and a frakking Rock Concert (no matter how much I might actually enjoy Kiss' music....)..... I'm really sick and damned tired of this trend in sports.....

To the NHLs credit the intermissions were still the same time frame as normal, its not like they extended them like they do with the superbowl half time. Id rather see kiss then organ music and pointless videos on the scoreboard.

#28 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,933 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

To the NHLs credit the intermissions were still the same time frame as normal, its not like they extended them like they do with the superbowl half time. Id rather see kiss then organ music and pointless videos on the scoreboard.

Fair enough, I was lost to the game by that point....when I sat down in the diner after our hockey scrimmage and got 45 minutes of KISS and Roenick asking tool baseball players idiot questions I had lost all interest in the actual game....do the pre-game crap in the PRE-GAME, this is becoming too common in every sport now

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users