24 replies to this topic

#21 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

if i had to guess on next year's games besides, washington/baltimore getting the caps vs flyers, i'd think minnesota will get a game at target field and maybe the sharks get a game at candlestick before they tear it down.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#22 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

if i had to guess on next year's games besides, washington/baltimore getting the caps vs flyers, i'd think minnesota will get a game at target field and maybe the sharks get a game at candlestick before they tear it down.

I think they will want to continue a 'Heritage" game. Expect Ottawa or Winnipeg to get one.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#23 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

Off topic a bit, but speaking of the meadowlands, it would be really cool if the devils played a game at the izod center before they were to take it down, whenever that may be. Im sure lou wouldnt even consider that, and there's probably contractual stuff involved, but it would be awesome. The sixers played a game at the spectrum before it was demolished, I know sixers fans have fond memories of that.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#24 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,060 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:06 AM

Having a game at Met Life would be all kinds of awesome. It would be like being back at the 'ol barn to have a game in the Meadowlands again. I hope that happens at some point.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#25 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:09 AM

Off topic a bit, but speaking of the meadowlands, it would be really cool if the devils played a game at the izod center before they were to take it down, whenever that may be. Im sure lou wouldnt even consider that, and there's probably contractual stuff involved, but it would be awesome. The sixers played a game at the spectrum before it was demolished, I know sixers fans have fond memories of that.

This would be awesome, but I do not see it happening whatsoever

Brendan Byrne/Continental Airlines Arena does not have the mystique that a lot of the old venues did in other NHL cities

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users