roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Change of pace topic. Mine was against the Flames in the 1993-1994 season

http://www.hockey-re...9403050NJD.html

The catholic school I went to had a fundraiser involving the tickets so that's how we went (that's how we usually went in the years after as well (also how I saw one of the only 2 Nets game I saw live)).

#2 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

I was 12 and on a date on October 12, 1996 against Dallas.  We lost the game 4-2; but I had a great time.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#3 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

Can't remember the exact game but they were wearing the Green jerseys, and there was a brawl.  Someone was knocked out cold behind the net.  Can't remember if they won.  i was hooked.

Posted Image

#4 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Kings @ Devils in 97 and Capitals @ Devils in 99.

Devils.

#5 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

dont remember my first game i was probably right around 5.. my dad use to get tickets from venders like pepsi or coke and they were always great seats only a few rows off the glass on the side.. i remember i was sitting against the glass one night and elias got checked right up against the glass in front of me it was awsome.. remember another time my cousins came with us and wore ranger jackets (they knew no better they were probably 10-11 at the time) i was younger then that and the devils werent even playing the rangers lol we still joke about that.. memories memories of when we had a good team that would go on win streaks.. now we cant win more then 2 in a row
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#6 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

For me it was 1984 (I was 4 yrs old) against Toronto. We sat 2nd row to the ice and the sound of the checking into the boards scared the crap out of me haha. Porbably some of the earliest memories of my life. I remember these two guys in the first row banging on the glass yelling "Korn, Korn!"..For Leafs tough guy Jim Korn (who a few season later became a Devil). I started to chant it cause they were chanting it haha. Good times. Became a season ticket holder two years later with my dad and never looked back.

I collect NJ Devils/Sheldon Souray game worn jerseys, sticks and gloves
My game used jerseys/sticks/gloves/skates/puck etc. - http://community.web...m/user/Souray44

#7 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

It was against the Predators and the Devils lost 4-3 if I remember correctly.

#8 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

I think it was 96 and the game was against Buffalo. Pretty sure the devils lost 3-1. My dad got box seats for the game. I remember I literally just sat there the entire time watching the game while everyone in the box enjoyed the free food. After that season we got season tickets and have had season tickets till this day. It wast until last season that I got to sit in a box/suite again. This time I took advantage of the free food and I basically ate myself into oblivion lol.

#9 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

My first was a 1-1 or 2-2 tie in the Garden in 94 or 95. I was about 13 or 14. I remember being confused as to why everyone was leaving before overtime to catch a train when the game wasn't over! To me, it was the Super Bowl haha.

My first in Jersey was a 4-1 loss to the Panthers and the superstar that was Mark Fitzpatrick. My first win I've definitely talked about... a 6-3 win over Tampa in 96 or 97. Devils are down 3-1 going into the 3rd, Dunham replaces Marty, and they score 5 straight including either a MacLean or Rolston hat trick.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#10 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

http://www.hockey-re...8801150NJD.html

7-3 win and a Kirk Muller hat trick.  Not too bad.  Sat in the first row of 216 and had a blast.  Remember going back and forth with 217 doing a "Tastes great, less filling" chant for some reason.  Also remember the section heckling a couple Ranger fans in 215.  

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#11 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

First and only game so far was 2003 in Ottawa. Game 5 of the conference final. We lost that one 3-1 but obviously won the series. Still the loudest sporting event I've ever been to.

Posted Image

#12 Scottie2Hottie

Scottie2Hottie

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

I live in Erie PA so I had to catch a game in Pitt in 2007. Kevin Weekes was in goal and we won that night 6-2.
Posted Image Deb Placey (unofficial)
Posted Image

#13 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,959 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

December 10, 1983.  The only reason I know the date is because I remember the opponent (Flyers) and that it was late 1983, and that the Devils got killed (I was 13 at the time).  I just looked at the 83-84 sched to see if I could match it up.  My parents got free tickets from someone, so they took me and my younger brother (he was 12).  Devils lost that game 8-2, but from then on I was a fan.  Many years later, sadly, my bro became a Ranger fan.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#14 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

I'm going to show just how relatively new I am here, but my first game was when I was in 6th grade, which was in... 2002?  I remember they won the 2003 cup when I was in 7th grade, so that'd make it to the 2001-2002 season.  I had been watching (as best a little kid can) since the 1995 cup but hadn't convinced my Dad to take me yet.

A relatively unimportant game against the Blackhawks, but it was awesome.  They won 3-1.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 29 January 2014 - 01:41 PM.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#15 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

Can't remember the exact date, but it was a game against the Blackhawks in either 88-89 or 89-90.  Devils won. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#16 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

1987. First 20-30 games I went to were my friend's mother's company's season tickets, 10 rows behind the home goal. 

It was from those seats, in 1992, that I caught my first and only puck, or my only anything at any pro sports event. 75th Anniversary logo, still have it and the ticket stubs (I believe $30 face value!) on my Shelf of Honor in my office. 

#17 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

I'm not sure if I attended any professional games before this one, but the first one I can accurately remember was a 3-1 loss to Toronto in February of 2000.

I can remember watching hockey on tv starting in about 1993-94 (7 years old), and I remember watching the Devils beating the Wings in 1995 since the games were on Fox IIRC.

#18 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,360 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

http://www.hockey-re...9003100NJD.html

9-3 over the Nords in 1990. I've never seen them score that many in person since. Stastny hit a post late going for the hat trick

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#19 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

October 8, 1982, Brendan Byrne Arena. In the Devs second game ever, the Devils beat the Rangers 3-2 for the Devils first win ever. Chico Resch and John Davidson were in nets. The crowd was back and forth the whole game. I was one month shy of my 14th birthday. My father dropped me and my friend off at the arena and picked us up after it was over. I was a Devils fan right from the start. My  buddy was a Rangers fan. We sat in the upper bowl, one section over from where the Rangers broadcast crew was announcing the game. In between periods, I walked over and got Phil Esposito's autograph. I didn't care that he was a Rangers great. He was an all-time great famous ex-hockey player. I still have the game program and my ticket stub (from Tele-Charge, I think).

I will never forget it.

#20 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

It was from those seats, in 1992, that I caught my first and only puck, or my only anything at any pro sports event. 75th Anniversary logo, still have it and the ticket stubs (I believe $30 face value!) on my Shelf of Honor in my office. 

Speaking of that, I caught a puck at only one game, which was at the game where this happened:

Was behind the net about 20 rows up (well before the days that there was netting behind the goals) and a puck deflected off some guy's shoulder and I jumped up and grabbed it.  The guy had to be taken out on a stretcher, but I gave him the puck as he was being taken out. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users