63 replies to this topic

#61 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,280 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

I have had my share of poor Gomez experiences. However, he was always the best during warm ups (Pre-Cam Janssen). He was almost always guaranteed to flip a few pucks over the boards and engage the fans.

I went to a game in Boston...road trip made with several other Devils fans...Devils won the game 5-2.  Raycroft was in net for the Bruins.  We went down to ice level for warmups, and Gomez was definitely engaging the fans...gave away a couple of pucks too.  Someone said "Scott Gomez...the Alaskan Assassin" and he thought that was pretty funny...he was chuckling about it for a few minutes.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#62 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Devils vs the flyers in the early 90's . I remember they used to shoot pucks up into the crowd in the upper tier after warm ups. I can't remember the last person I talked to, but I will always remember my first game. And seeing a young lindros was amazing. 

#63 gsnts725

gsnts725

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

My first game was Devils vs. Hurricanes last season. We lost 4-2 and I didn't see a win in three times after that until we beat the Panthers late in the season when Kovy came back. Luckily they're 2-0-1 when I've been there, so at least that's turning around a bit.

Yeah I'm a bit of a hockey noobie, still learning the game, but I'm loving it. It's probably my favorite sport now since the NFL is pissing me off and I've gotten bored of the NBA and MLB.

#64 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

First game was Minnesota North Stars vs the Devils at Brendan Byrne Arena. 5-1 Devils win with 2 goals by Alexander Semak and a win by Chris Terreri. I think John MacLean took over the most games played as a Devil.

Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users