247 replies to this topic

#141 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

Henrique played a great game tonight. Might even go as far to say that's the best game I've seen him play all season. When he is flying, agitating and generating chances he's our best player on the ice. Didn't make the score sheet, but damn did he play well. 

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#142 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

He's become horrible he needs to get back into his form.

I think we should get Hemsky.

Sending Gelly down would be bad since we need his offense.

#143 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Ya it sux Salvador won't be benched. He is terrible I hate watching him on the ice. But don't worry I got club seats for Friday nights game so he will hear me the whole night

Edited by volchenkov28, 30 January 2014 - 11:23 PM.

#144 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

Cory needs to play tomorrow.

Damn straight he does.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#145 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,930 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

I'm ready to give Marty one of the last 4 before the Olympic break...it may be tomorrow. Nashville doesn't score much like us and now Weber Is dinged up and may not play

Honestly Cory can handle it. He had a light workload today. But it's the weakest offense of the 4 remaining pre Olympic games.

Edited by '7', 30 January 2014 - 11:24 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#146 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,059 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

If Marty isn't playing tomorrow then quite frankly there's no reason to play him in ANY game before the break.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#147 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Great win. A little sketchy there toward the end of the third (even before the tying goal).

But a win is a win and we desperately needed those two points. And BTW.... We are still only one point out of a playoff spot so idk why people were giving up during the pregame gdt.

Keep it going boys!!

LGD!!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#148 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

If Marty isn't playing tomorrow then quite frankly there's no reason to play him in ANY game before the break.

That's right, there is no reason to play him any games before the break.

#149 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

I actually think Marty will play tomorrow. But I still think Cory SHOULD play.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#150 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,930 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

well, the case can be made if we reel off the next 3 in a row, you can start him in Washington because that will be the second of a back to back

it would be a nice problem to have....IF we win the next 3 in a row

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#151 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

Gelinas has become completely toxic in his own end though.  He needs to get his confidence back, and he ain't gonna be helped playing three minutes a night here. 

And yes Salvador's toxic too but we know he's not getting benched :rolleyes:

I get that he's not good defensively, but he makes our PP so much better.  He played a huge part in not only drawing that penalty, but setting up the GWG as well.

He's become horrible he needs to get back into his form.

I get that he's not good defensively, but he makes our PP so much better.  He played a huge part in not only drawing that penalty, but setting up the GWG as well.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#152 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

I get that he's not good defensively, but he makes our PP so much better. He played a huge part in not only drawing that penalty, but setting up the GWG as well.

I get that he's not good defensively, but he makes our PP so much better. He played a huge part in not only drawing that penalty, but setting up the GWG as well.

did you not see the pp where he literally had three turnovers on one shift, two in his own end?

Nobody can complain about Salvador without complaining about gelinas, because frankly gelinas has been exponentially worse. Similarly, you cannot complain about lokti/jj sitting because if we are playing gelinas we need 7 defensemen to cover for him- he played 2:50 tonight. That is stu Bickel territory.

I will be surprised if he plays tomorrow but I've been surprised a lot this season...

#153 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

Gelinas has an offensive upside but a defensive downside? Should he be considered trade bait?

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#154 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

Henrique played a great game tonight. Might even go as far to say that's the best game I've seen him play all season. When he is flying, agitating and generating chances he's our best player on the ice. Didn't make the score sheet, but damn did he play well. 

I agree. I noticed it a little bit last game too. He's a strong guy. It's nice to see him play tough.

#155 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

Gelinas has an offensive upside but a defensive downside? Should he be considered trade bait?

Offensive defenseman take longer to develop. He just can't be allowed to pigeonhole this team at the expense of a skill set they lack. It's robbing peter to pay paul. 

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#156 Broten1

Broten1

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

Great win baby.I love me some New Jersey Devs.

It's my pleasure to root for an organization as solid as the Devil's.I feel we have a chance at the cup every year.

#157 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

did you not see the pp where he literally had three turnovers on one shift, two in his own end?

Nobody can complain about Salvador without complaining about gelinas, because frankly gelinas has been exponentially worse. Similarly, you cannot complain about lokti/jj sitting because if we are playing gelinas we need 7 defensemen to cover for him- he played 2:50 tonight. That is stu Bickel territory.

I will be surprised if he plays tomorrow but I've been surprised a lot this season...

Holy crap he had one bad shift.  You wanna crucify him for one bad shift?  And it's not as if Gelinas has been bad defensively his entire time here.  He was very good defensively when he was paired with Larsson.  I think we should trade Zidlicky and call up Larsson.

BTW, I'm not complaining about Salvador.  I actually don't think he's as bad as people in here are saying he is.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#158 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:06 AM

He had one hood shift and multiple bad ones. He's been horrible. Not bad.

Holy crap he had one bad shift. You wanna crucify him for one bad shift? And it's not as if Gelinas has been bad defensively his entire time here. He was very good defensively when he was paired with Larsson. I think we should trade Zidlicky and call up Larsson.

BTW, I'm not complaining about Salvador. I actually don't think he's as bad as people in here are saying he is.

#159 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,059 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

Holy crap he had one bad shift.  You wanna crucify him for one bad shift?  And it's not as if Gelinas has been bad defensively his entire time here.  He was very good defensively when he was paired with Larsson.  I think we should trade Zidlicky and call up Larsson.

BTW, I'm not complaining about Salvador.  I actually don't think he's as bad as people in here are saying he is.

Why not, that's what Pete does with all the kids :P

He has regressed...imo partly because of the Pete microscope and partly because his success offensively has gone to his head.  Now he doesn't even WANT to play defense.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#160 Broten1

Broten1

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

more like stfu and eat crow.

I'm a die hard devils fan.Who care's what you think.We won tonight,and that's all that I care about.Go devs.

It's my pleasure to root for an organization as solid as the Devil's.I feel we have a chance at the cup every year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users