#161 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

Sal makes devils PK better and i love devils PK

but i dont think he should be captain (greene) 

and if they have to rid D it would be sal to send a pseudo message

Posted Image

#162 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

Ridiculous statements like we are going to get crushed 4-1 and 5-1 in back to back gdts. The fact that you think those are possible outcomes for this team every night makes me doubt that you even watch devils games.

Edited by Sneax, 31 January 2014 - 12:11 AM.

#163 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

What the hell happened to Larsson?

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#164 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

He had one hood shift and multiple bad ones. He's been horrible. Not bad.

Not true.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#165 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

Sal makes devils PK better and i love devils PK

but i dont think he should be captain (greene) 

and if they have to rid D it would be sal to send a pseudo message

Our PK was top  3 ranked when he was gone this season. Our forwards are what make our PK so good imo, they do a really good job of not letting the other team have much space, and getting sticks in shooting lanes.

Edited by Sneax, 31 January 2014 - 12:13 AM.

#166 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

Zajac or Greene should have the C

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#167 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

Why not, that's what Pete does with all the kids :P

He has regressed...imo partly because of the Pete microscope and partly because his success offensively has gone to his head.  Now he doesn't even WANT to play defense.

Exactly my point.  Pete's mindset is what ruins players.  If you bench a young guy for every mistake, it ruins the development of said player.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#168 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

It's not important who has the C. That is one of the most overrated intangibles in hockey. Just have 3 A's and be done with it.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#169 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

I'm ready to give Marty one of the last 4 before the Olympic break...it may be tomorrow. Nashville doesn't score much like us and now Weber Is dinged up and may not play

Honestly Cory can handle it. He had a light workload today. But it's the weakest offense of the 4 remaining pre Olympic games.

Wow, you've gone soft. Tomorrow is the PERFECT game to start Cory. Get the better goalie in against a weaker team. Take away the chance that a bad Brodeur outing surely costs the Devils if the offense isn't there..like the Yotes game.

Got to go with the better goalie tomorrow. And almost every game from here on out.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#170 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:26 AM

It's not important who has the C. That is one of the most overrated intangibles in hockey. Just have 3 A's and be done with it.

I agree.

Wow, you've gone soft. Tomorrow is the PERFECT game to start Cory. Get the better goalie in against a weaker team. Take away the chance that a bad Brodeur outing surely costs the Devils if the offense isn't there..like the Yotes game.

Got to go with the better goalie tomorrow. And almost every game from here on out.

Yea.  Tomorrow wouldn't be a bad game for Marty, but we need wins.  Nashville is a bad team.  They don't have a good offense.  They don't have a good defense,  And they don't have good goaltending.  Somehow they have 56 points despite that.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#171 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

I counted 8 times tonight where Salvador caused the team to get pinned in their own zone. He is terrible, shouldn't even be a conversation.

And on both goals Salvador was too busy cross checking the guy in the back instead of being in better position to clear the puck or make sure a clear shot cannot get on goal, he left Benn by himself on the first one and looked like an idiot on the second goal without a clue what to do.

The fact that Larsson is in the AHL is an absolute crime while this veteran makes a fool of himself at the expense of the team. Shame on Lou and Pete for that.

Edited by Zubie#8, 31 January 2014 - 01:25 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#172 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,981 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

There's the one for my devs.Soon to follow,4 unanswered by the stars.Book it.

I didn't book it. Can you go away now?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#173 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,981 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

I said this 12 times tonight

Posted Image

#174 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,981 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

I said this 12 times tonight

Posted Image

#175 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

Do it Pete!

Zubrus - Zajac - Jagr

Elias - Loktionov - Brunner

Clowe - Henrique - Ryder

Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Greene - Fayne

Gelinas - Larsson

Volchenkov - Zidlicky

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#176 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:26 AM

It's usually not important. The problem is that the captain in this case is one of your worst players, is signed for multiple years and should be benched. But he won't be, because he has the C. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#177 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

Some of the numbers for Cory and Marty have finally evened out:

Cory:  1670:25 minutes, 698 shots faced

Marty:  1665:08 minutes, 692 shots faced 

As we all know, outside of the so-so W-L-OT/SO loss records for both, that's where the similarites end, as far as season numbers go.

Believe it or not, as much as we've been getting on Marty lately for what has been a brutal January, he actually had a nice run of pretty good puckstopping before that.  In a 19-game stretch from 10/27 to 12/31, the team went 12-6-1 in his starts, and he put up a .917 save%, with three shutouts.  I have to admit, I find it kind of hard to believe too.  From 11/27 to 12/10, he had four consecutive rough starts (.826 save%), but in the other 15 games, he was actually pretty solid.  I bring this up, because when I analyze this stretch, I can almost understand why PDB and Marty both feel like he gives the Devils a reasonable chance to win.  Not saying I agree with it (I don't), but I can see a little better where they're coming from.

All of the above being said, I want to see Cory start ALL of the remaining games before the break, back-to-backs be damned.  Cory has a .949 save% with a 1.32 GAA in his last 11 appearances, and the Devils are 6-2-2 in his last 10 starts.  He hasn't given up more than 2 goals in any of those starts.  PDB talks about riding hot hands from time to time...it's hard to be much hotter than Cory is right now, and even if Marty suddenly found a game close to the level of the stretch I pointed out, it doesn't touch the kind of run that Cory is currently on.  And this team needs points, as many as it can get.  The Devils can't fvck around with trying to "right" Marty, or throwing him yet another bone, or worrying about a long layoff hurting his game if he doesn't get one start (the layoff's going to be long anyway...is one start for Marty going to make any real difference?).  Cory is going to have to go through the same thing, re:  a layoff.  Right now, you worry about getting yourself into playoff position, and if that happens, then maybe you can put Marty in a game here and there, but right now, until Cory says he's tired or there's a clear dropoff in his play, I think PDB should play him every single game, end of story.       

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 31 January 2014 - 07:37 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#178 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

Hopefully we've got about 100 games more to see Salvador.  I pray he is not re-signed for 2015-16.

#179 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

Great win baby.I love me some New Jersey Devs.

Someone's lonely now that nj.com was shut down. 

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#180 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

I counted 8 times tonight where Salvador caused the team to get pinned in their own zone. He is terrible, shouldn't even be a conversation.

And on both goals Salvador was too busy cross checking the guy in the back instead of being in better position to clear the puck or make sure a clear shot cannot get on goal, he left Benn by himself on the first one and looked like an idiot on the second goal without a clue what to do.

The fact that Larsson is in the AHL is an absolute crime while this veteran makes a fool of himself at the expense of the team. Shame on Lou and Pete for that.

Yeah of all the things that piss me off about this team, this one pisses me off the most. Salvador logging 20 minutes a night while Larsson toils in Albany defies logic. But Lou gave Salvador that stupid contract AND the C, and he's one of Pete's Pets, so he will never be benched. He can suck with impunity, and not be accountable for it.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users