211 replies to this topic

#181 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

All I know is that this league, our division in particular is a jungle.

It's so easy to get frustrated with everything. From the coaching decisions, to the roster management, there's plenty of fuel for the fire.

Our team needs us more than ever in this battle. Get behind them, guys. 

I like this attitude.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#182 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

I sincerely doubt the Devils blow more leads on average than other teams. 35 of their games so far have been close games (14 1-goal wins, 9 1-goal losses, 12 SO/OT losses). They blow leads late because they put themselves in positions to do so, since they don't score to put teams away. We knew this team wouldn't score a lot of goals.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#183 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

What nobody's gonna blame Cory for handling the puck like a grenade and costing us the game?? Just keeping it balanced and retarded here.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#184 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

I actually remember it getting bad even during the playoffs especially the first round against the cats, that seems so long ago :/ last season was especially bad.

They played 3 more rounds......how did it get bad......

Again the hate for your own coach on this website is the dumbest sh!t ive ever heard. PETES NOT PLAYING THE PLAYERS I THINK ARE GOOD SO EAT A DICK PETE. God for people who rip on ranger fans for every single tendency they have, yous sure do act exactly like them. But ive come to expect the worst from the same fans who chant corys better to spite their own lengendary goaltender. Pathetic.

Its an unlucky bounce. It happens, stop being whiny girls after every loss jesus h christ. This is a mediocre team in a playoff race. The coach is doing a good job with the very limited tools he has, and the situations he has to deal with. The one problem I see is salvador. Its pretty hard to sit the captain of the team though. Lou needs to trade some of this defense away.

Schneider gave up 2 goals that werent tough shots, which is okay, but is he being crucified like brodeur would be? Of course not. Brodeur gives up 1 bad goal against the rangers, and then faces a 2 on 1 every other breakout, yet yous make a thread saying hes embarassed the franchise and that all of his goals were easily stoppable. Gionta plays great game after game, and somehow he shouldnt be on the team. What silly, biased, one sided children.

#185 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

They played 3 more rounds......how did it get bad......
Again the hate for your own coach on this website is the dumbest sh!t ive ever heard. PETES NOT PLAYING THE PLAYERS I THINK ARE GOOD SO EAT A DICK PETE. God for people who rip on ranger fans for every single tendency they have, yous sure do act exactly like them. But ive come to expect the worst from the same fans who chant corys better to spite their own lengendary goaltender. Pathetic.
Its an unlucky bounce. It happens, stop being whiny girls after every loss jesus h christ. This is a mediocre team in a playoff race. The coach is doing a good job with the very limited tools he has, and the situations he has to deal with. The one problem I see is salvador. Its pretty hard to sit the captain of the team though. Lou needs to trade some of this defense away.
Schneider gave up 2 goals that werent tough shots, which is okay, but is he being crucified like brodeur would be? Of course not. Brodeur gives up 1 bad goal against the rangers, and then faces a 2 on 1 every other breakout, yet yous make a thread saying hes embarassed the franchise and that all of his goals were easily stoppable. Gionta plays great game after game, and somehow he shouldnt be on the team. What silly, biased, one sided children.

Frustration does that to fans. This is a frustrating organization.

#186 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Frustrating loss, we have given up late goals but we've scored some ourselves to steal points this season as well. Just gotta keep trucking.

Anyone complaining about Pete's roster decisions needs to realize there is a 3 time cup winning gm in the room with him when they are made... I think that man has some say as well and I'll trust his decisions.

#187 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Those aren't my opinions I was just stating the facts on how the Deboer hate started among the Devils faithful....

These boards really went downhill since the cup run. Sad.

I am ready for a new head coach....

Laviolette?

Pretty much. I just don't know what he brings to the team that he play so much

I don't what he brings to the team to get a "C" on his jersey

Likely the horrible contract Lou gave him

Frustrating loss, we have given up late goals but we've scored some ourselves to steal points this season as well. Just gotta keep trucking.

Anyone complaining about Pete's roster decisions needs to realize there is a 3 time cup winning gm in the room with him when they are made... I think that man has some say as well and I'll trust his decisions.

I trust that Lou has dementia and needs to step down ASAP

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#188 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

They played 3 more rounds......how did it get bad.......

I'm talking about this site, bunch of new users joined around that time and all they did was post crap.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#189 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

I'm talking about this site, bunch of new users joined around that time and all they did was post crap.

:doh1:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#190 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

What nobody's gonna blame Cory for handling the puck like a grenade and costing us the game?? Just keeping it balanced and retarded here.

could you imagine if that was brodeur in net
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#191 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,735 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

could you imagine if that was brodeur in net

I can - the Devils would've probably lost that game in regulation, since they gave up 30+ shots.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#192 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Also, not for nothing, but I love this place. I've been here since a few days after Scott Gomez signed in New York, and there hasn't been a day where I haven't checked it since. If you don't like the place, piss off. Nobody will miss you.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#193 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

I can - the Devils would've probably lost that game in regulation, since they gave up 30+ shots.

the brodeur hate that has happened here after the stadium series is unreal.. and way over the top.. im not saying from you but just in general .. the beginning of the season everyone was going on about how good he still looked he has one real bad blow out game and my god everyone loses themselves..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#194 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

the beginning of the season everyone was going on about how good he still looked he has one real bad blow out game and my god everyone loses themselves..

Everyone most certainly wasn't.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#195 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

a whole lot of people were..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#196 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

aside from 3ish vocal posters who thought broduer was still a god in net, everyone was complaining that cory should be the full time starter. Not suprising that one of the people who were the marty supporters would think that everyone was all worshiping him still.

Edited by Sneax, 01 February 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#197 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

the brodeur hate that has happened here after the stadium series is unreal.. and way over the top.. im not saying from you but just in general .. the beginning of the season everyone was going on about how good he still looked he has one real bad blow out game and my god everyone loses themselves..

He stole a game or two in the beginning of the year; and then had a few really brutal losses that left sour tastes in everyone's mouth. Stadium series, blue jackets game, etc.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#198 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

aside from 3ish vocal posters who thought broduer was still a god in net, everyone was complaining that cory should be the full time starter. Not suprising that one of the people who were the marty supporters would think that everyone was all worshiping him still.

not sure where i said people were worshiping him.. but i clearly recall people going on about how he still had it to be competitive and he was winning games the team was scoring more goals in front of him and when the players were asked why they thought that might be some of them said probably because of the way he plays the puck and helps them break out of the zone it was sometimes like having an extra defender out there... not sure how many games you watched the first half of the season but if you dont remember that must not have been many
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#199 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,965 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

Yeah with all due respect, get over it. This is a sports forum with passionate fans, you're going to get reactions when something particularly frustrating happens.

I really enjoy this community, I think it's a good mix of knowledgeable fans and reactionary fans, with everything in between. One of the best forums around imo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#200 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

He stole a game or two in the beginning of the year; and then had a few really brutal losses that left sour tastes in everyone's mouth. Stadium series, blue jackets game, etc.

the stadium series was not he first half of the season.. it was less then a week ago, im talking about the first half of the season when he was still playing on a competitive level.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users