#22 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,059 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

9-2 Devils.

Only 9? I figure we're good for 10 or 11 tonight.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#23 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,856 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

Only 9? I figure we're good for 10 or 11 tonight.

You gotta keep these things realistic you know.

#24 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Sislo with hattrick, Patty with 2, Gionta with 2 goals and 7 assists, Jagr with 4 goals and then does the Thornton at center ice...

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#25 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

We need broten/bigZclone to come in here with a 5-1 preds prediction!

#26 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

So, as much as Brodeur would like to play more, he says he “definitely” understands Devils coach Pete DeBoer’s decision to stick with Schneider right now. “I’ve been in that situation,” Brodeur said. “He’s playing really, really well and the coach has confidence in him and that’s the way it goes. That’s the way it works usually.” It’s not that Brodeur thinks that DeBoer doesn’t have confidence in him. “I would hope so, but this is just the way it is right now,” Brodeur said. “He’s playing the guy he’s got the most confidence in. We’ve got to make the playoffs, so it’s important to get some wins."

http://blogs.northje...with_schneider/

Oh that selfish whiny Marty at it again.  A good majority of the people here are truly fvcked in the head.  

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#27 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

So, as much as Brodeur would like to play more, he says he “definitely” understands Devils coach Pete DeBoer’s decision to stick with Schneider right now. “I’ve been in that situation,” Brodeur said. “He’s playing really, really well and the coach has confidence in him and that’s the way it goes. That’s the way it works usually.” It’s not that Brodeur thinks that DeBoer doesn’t have confidence in him. “I would hope so, but this is just the way it is right now,” Brodeur said. “He’s playing the guy he’s got the most confidence in. We’ve got to make the playoffs, so it’s important to get some wins."

Oh that selfish whiny Marty at it again.  A good majority of the people here are truly fvcked in the head.  

Good quote by Marty.

That being said, I do have a suspicion that this was intended to be damage control.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#28 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Let's go, fellas.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#29 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

:gd: :gd: :gd:

#30 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

Good quote by Marty.

That being said, I do have a suspicion that this was intended to be damage control.

I don't think that's it.  I think it's simply a case of him trying to adjust to not being the man anymore, and trying to come to terms with it...for the first time in his career, really.  His feelings about it are probably all over the place...some days it's probably easier to accept than others.  Only mistake he's really made about it all is giving honest quotes that are open to being scrutinized once they out there for all to see.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#31 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

I don't think that's it.  I think it's simply a case of him trying to adjust to not being the man anymore, and trying to come to terms with it...for the first time in his career, really.  His feelings about it are probably all over the place...some days it's probably easier to accept than others.  Only mistake he's really made about it all is giving honest quotes that are open to being scrutinized once they out there for all to see.   

Marty tends to be humble when talking to the media.  He's also very laid back.  You can always spin something negative to every quote.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#32 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

I don't think that's it. I think it's simply a case of him trying to adjust to not being the man anymore, and trying to come to terms with it...for the first time in his career, really. His feelings about it are probably all over the place...some dayit's probably easier to accept than others. Only mistake he's really made about it all is giving honest quotes that are open to being scrutinized once they out there for all to see.

true that, when your as good as Marty has been for as long as Marty has been, it's not easy to lose your job. It's hard to find a "real life" equivalent scenario to equate this to, but I don't know how you can expect a player who has played at his level and has had to have a mindset of being the best to step aside easily... It's very rare for these things to go smoothly and I think Marty is making the best if it even if it hasn't been perfectly smooth.

Edited by dmann422, 31 January 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#33 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Win baby, win

#34 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

LGD!

815631765.gif

#35 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

A little inspiration for the boardies:

https://www.youtube....h?v=LkzArYrC0MM

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#36 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

Yea Brodeur is totally selfish...total scum

It is unreal how some people have reacted to his disappointment about lack of playing time

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#37 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

I'm sitting in the fifth row, just to right of our bench and Marty on your tv screens.

Let's Go Devils!!!!!
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#38 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

I'm sitting in the fifth row, just to right of our bench and Marty on your tv screens.

Let's Go Devils!!!!!

enjoy the game. And Nashville- it's a cool city!

#39 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Damn I miss that goal song haha....feel bad for Cory though with the puck handling...

#40 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Nobody gonna rip Cory apart for that one?
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users