211 replies to this topic

#101 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Pete is getting ridic i hate how he always has salvador out there for the 6 on 5. why cant he put out greene and zidlicky players that can clear the puck and get the pass to an open player for an empty netter

#102 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

What else can he do with the garbage he can throw on the ice at this point?

This team is mentally very weak.

The game plan of the last 10min or so was, sit back and play defense. That always losses games. I blame Pete primarily for a loss like this.

#103 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Sal actually got that predator to stop screening Cory. If anything it's jagr who made that play happen for them.

He didn't need to though. We already had Greene taking care of that.

#104 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Honestly we must lead the league in soul-crushing defeats the last two years.  That 15-0-3 with a lead after two periods is the single most misleading stat of all-time.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#105 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Yep, that's the way the season goes....Ryder can't finish a gift breakaway instead of just picking a spot and shooting and then seconds later they lose.

If every team we played purposefully allowed our players to have a breakaway every time they enter their zone we would be shut out every game.

#106 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,087 posts

1-1-1 on the road trip.  Could've been worse, though losses like this are maddening.  If they pick up 4 out of the next 6 points before the break, I'll be happy.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#107 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Hahaha this team can go fvck themselves.

Dominate the first 19 minutes of the third period with the lead and then sh!t the bed the final minute and overtime.

Brodeur is going to play the next game too just to all watch.

Against Colorado?  It could be a slaughterhouse.  Then again they'll probably lose ANOTHER 2-1 game with Cory anyway so wtf's the difference at this point? :rant:

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#108 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

That was fvcking pathetic!!!!!!!!!!  Inexcusable really.  This is the 4th time this year that I can recall we've blown a last minute lead.  Absolutely ridiculous.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#109 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

Honestly we must lead the league in soul-crushing defeats the last two years. That 15-0-3 with a lead after two periods is the single most misleading stat of all-time.

This team are the masters of the extremes. They are either really good or horrifyingly terrible at certain things.

#110 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

The game plan of the last 10min or so was, sit back and play defense. That always losses games. I blame Pete primarily for a loss like this.

Exactly. When they're leading going into the 3rd they just stop playing their game and start playing prevent defense. It's so infuriating.

believe-devs.jpg

#111 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Against Colorado?  It could be a slaughterhouse.  Then again they'll probably lose ANOTHER 2-1 game with Cory anyway so wtf's the difference at this point? :rant:

Colorado is overrated.  No reason to be afraid of them.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#112 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

Against Colorado? It could be a slaughterhouse. Then again they'll probably lose ANOTHER 2-1 game with Cory anyway so wtf's the difference at this point? :rant:

It will be like Ivan drago versus Apollo creed and I think you know which one we would be.

Exactly. When they're leading going into the 3rd they just stop playing their game and start playing prevent defense. It's so infuriating.

I don't blame Pete for going into the defensive shell instead if trying to score as this team can't score to save their lives.

#113 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

I didn't see it... I heard what happened... All I can say is that I hate this fvcking group. fvck them.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#114 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

It will be like Ivan drago versus Apollo creed and I think you know which one we would be.

I don't blame Pete for going into the defensive shell instead if trying to score as this team can't score to save their lives.

Not even scoring, but they stop forechecking and just seem content in playing in their own zone, clearing it, changing lines, repeat. It doesn't work. It rarely does.

believe-devs.jpg

#115 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

this team is pathetic idk how they sometimes play great in the 3rd and then be like this in the 3rd is so pathetic. stop playing prevent defense and play your game for 60 mins. please just for once in this season.

#116 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

Maybe we should call up larson, o we cant theyre saving that spot for harrold. If we dont make the playoffs again pete needs to be fired.

#117 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,087 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

They played a terrific 3rd period.  Nashville got a very gratuitous bounce at the worst possible time.  Sucks in a huge way, but sh!t happens. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#118 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

Blowing leads is this team's specialty under Deboer.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#119 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

I seriously can't think of anyone we've had that was so bad as a player and yet still maintained such an important role on the team the way Sal does.  

Kind of fitting since there's no accountability anymore in the organization, unless you have an AHL salary.

#120 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

They played a terrific 3rd period.  Nashville got a very gratuitous bounce at the worst possible time.  Sucks in a huge way, but sh!t happens. 

Same thing last night too.  But as I said, we've blown far too many leads in the last minute this year.  Sure it was bad luck, but why the fvck was Legwand that wide open?!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users