211 replies to this topic

#121 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

pete has to be on thin ice for sure. i dont understand how in the world they still have larsson in the minors. Harrold is terrible and is a deboer project

#122 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,721 posts

They played a terrific 3rd period.  Nashville got a very gratuitous bounce at the worst possible time.  Sucks in a huge way, but sh!t happens. 

It happens a LOT with Pete teams late in games, doesn't it?  These last two games brought back memories of last year's ill-fated Florida trip (another back-to-back where we blew leads in the last minute both times).  Even in 2012 we blew leads like crazy.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 31 January 2014 - 10:49 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#123 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,333 posts

Pete DeBoer teams blowing late leads...seen this before. Unacceptable result, the Devils needed the 2 points, especially with the OOT scores not going their way. I've calmed down over the years and try not to get worked up about regular season results but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get down about this team making the playoffs. Not giving up but starting to lose confidence in this group.

I can't get on Schneider for this one. He made a mistake and never seemed to get set for the 1st goal against. Luckily, Hutton gifted Elias a goal after that. Can't blame Schneider for a 5v6 goal and the OT goal where Zidlicky kicked the puck for the perfect pass to Weber.

I thought Loktionov had a nice return in his limited action.

Ryder is absolutely maddening. He has one job and is horribly inconsistent at it. Now 10 games without a goal. Just 2 assists over that time.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#124 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

We found a way to get a point :lol:  God, Pete's lost.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#125 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

We found a way to get a point :lol:  God, Pete's lost.

I'm too angry to watch the post game...please tell me he didn't just say that!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#126 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

Lol Pete getting pissed there at the end. I'm actually glad to finally see a little fire under his ass after finally getting called out.

#127 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

Pete DeBoer teams blowing late leads...seen this before. Unacceptable result, the Devils needed the 2 points, especially with the OOT scores not going their way. I've calmed down over the years and try not to get worked up about regular season results but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get down about this team making the playoffs. Not giving up but starting to lose confidence in this group.

I can't get on Schneider for this one. He made a mistake and never seemed to get set for the 1st goal against. Luckily, Hutton gifted Elias a goal after that. Can't blame Schneider for a 5v6 goal and the OT goal where Zidlicky kicked the puck for the perfect pass to Weber.

I thought Loktionov had a nice return in his limited action.

Ryder is absolutely maddening. He has one job and is horribly inconsistent at it. Now 10 games without a goal. Just 2 assists over that time.

Agree on Ryder.  Either red hot or damned near invisible.  Jesus H. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#128 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Shut up Pete, stop blowing leads and you won't get asked that question

believe-zubrus.jpg

#129 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Maybe we should call up larson, o we cant theyre saving that spot for harrold. If we dont make the playoffs again pete needs to be fired.

It's not only Pete who is responsible. He can only coach what he's got  (he even mismanages that). . It's building up on Lamoriello, too. Staring at 3 out of 4 years without playoffs, no 1st rounder, the loss of Parise, Kovalchuk and Clarkson, a roster where the best player is 41, a 500lb gorilla as a backup goaltender, and no offensive help anywhere in the organization. When Jagr is gone next year, what then? Imagine this year without him? 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 31 January 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#130 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

It happens a LOT with Pete teams late in games, doesn't it?  These last two games brought back memories of last year's ill-fated Florida trip (another back-to-back where we blew leads in the last minute both times).  Even in 2012 we blew leads like crazy.

It's disgusting really.  I like Pete as a coach, but it's just unacceptable that he's perfectly fine with this kind of defensive system.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#131 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

He did.  I think it's now playoffs or bust for Pete.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 31 January 2014 - 10:52 PM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#132 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

pete's presser was terrible. silver lining we got a point like really?? Pete your team needs two points not one. I guess we found out what his demeanor is.

I hope it really is playoff or bust for pete.

#133 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

He did, and then he went all Torts-mode on TG (I think it was) for asking some inaudible question about the tying goal.

Coach DeBoer: "I think you have to look at the silver lining and that's: we got a point out of here tonight." #NJDevils

He did.  I think it's now playoffs or bust for Pete.

The day of decision's gotta come sooner than that.  They've been running in place as an organization for two years now with the same nonsense, and retarding any kind of player development.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 31 January 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#134 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

why cant Greene be the captain this whole interview he is saying everything perfect and no matter what he gives 100% 

#135 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Pete is absolutely right. 4th game in 6, 5 in 8 with the stadium game, travel, back to backs, injuries.

Over the course of the season, Pete is right, these games are going to happen. What's he supposed to do? If we scored 3 goals EVER, this wouldn't be an issue.

They dont' score enough to close out teams ahead of problems like this. 6-on-5 lots of stuff to get bounces off of, which is what happened tonight. Zid accientally kicked the puck right to Weber in OT...what are you going to do?

Get the point, move on.

#136 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

Pete is absolutely right. 4th game in 6, 5 in 8 with the stadium game, travel, back to backs, injuries.

Over the course of the season, Pete is right, these games are going to happen. What's he supposed to do? If we scored 3 goals EVER, this wouldn't be an issue.

They dont' score enough to close out teams ahead of problems like this. 6-on-5 lots of stuff to get bounces off of, which is what happened tonight. Zid accientally kicked the puck right to Weber in OT...what are you going to do?

Get the point, move on.

Yeah, this is basically how it is.  The Devils didn't play particularly well tonight but it's a back to back, both on the road - you don't expect them to play well.  They got two bounces in their favor and 3 against them.  They basically played a perfect 3rd period - no penalties, 7 shots on goal, that's as good as you can do up 1 goal on the road against a rested team.

I don't see anyone crediting DeBoer for NJ scoring 4 goals with the goalie out (Edmonton, Anaheim, two other games I'm forgetting)

Edited by Triumph, 31 January 2014 - 11:02 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#137 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

He did, and then he went all Torts-mode on TG (I think it was) for asking some inaudible question about the tying goal.

Coach DeBoer: "I think you have to look at the silver lining and that's: we got a point out of here tonight." #NJDevils

The day of decision's gotta come sooner than that.  They've been running in place as an organization for two years now with the same nonsense, and retarding any kind of player development.

If the Devils lose the next three games and look awful doing it, maybe DeBoer gets the ax, but it seems like a longshot to me.  Besides, who's out there that you'd want?  Laviolette?

#30 FOREVER!

#138 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

Get the point, move on.

We've had four games we've blown a lead with under a minute to go this season.  That just can't happen.  Not to mention just last season we had the two games against the two Florida teams where we did the same thing.  This has been way too common of an occurrence for us to just accept it.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#139 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

Yeah, this is basically how it is.  The Devils didn't play particularly well tonight but it's a back to back, both on the road - you don't expect them to play well.  They got two bounces in their favor and 3 against them.  They basically played a perfect 3rd period - no penalties, 7 shots on goal, that's as good as you can do up 1 goal on the road against a rested team.

I don't see anyone crediting DeBoer for NJ scoring 4 goals with the goalie out (Edmonton, Anaheim, two other games I'm forgetting)

Philly was one.

We've done it 6 times I think.  We also did it 6 times back in 2006-2007 when Julien was the coach.  

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#140 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

We've had four games we've blown a lead with under a minute to go this season. That just can't happen. Not to mention just last season we had the two games against the two Florida teams where we did the same thing. This has been way too common of an occurrence for us to just accept it.

I don't have numbers to provide here, but my gut tells me this happened VERY often last year as well.

It's a staple of the PDB system.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users