#141 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 1m
Angry at questions about blowing lead late 2 straight, Pete DeBoer had some terse words, cut an interview short, slammed door to coachs room

Haha good, melt down.  Maybe this'll finally light a fire under the organization to do something different.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#142 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

Angry at questions about blowing lead late 2 straight, Pete DeBoer had some terse words, cut an interview short, slammed door to coachs room

Haha good, melt down.  Maybe this'll finally light a fire under the organization to do something different.

Maybe he'll have Jagr not put his stick down to try to block the shot next time.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#143 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

PDB having a meltdown?

What a joke. If he coached in a Canadian market he'd have questions like these DAILY

Get over it and make some intelligent decisions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#144 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

I don't have numbers to provide here, but my gut tells me this happened VERY often last year as well.

It's a staple of the PDB system.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's a staple of typically having bad goaltending and I don't think there's really anything more to it than that.  Again, you'd expect it if NJ was giving up these huge surges, but they're not.  They played a terrific period both last night and tonight.  Who wouldn't be frustrated?

#145 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

Why does everyone hate DeBoer all of a sudden? Because Jagr knocked in a fluky goal? I don't get it. It's not his fault this team can't score and has no elite offensive players

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#146 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

If I can recall correctly we had a tough time gaining the offensive zone with the goalie pulled last season.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#147 gsnts725

gsnts725

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

Why does everyone hate DeBoer all of a sudden? Because Jagr knocked in a fluky goal? I don't get it. It's not his fault this team can't score and has no elite offensive players

It seems like most people on this board has hated on PDB for awhile lol. Maybe since last season.

#148 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

I'm happy he's pissed.  Hopefully he does something about it.

I don't hate Deboer.  I actually like him as a coach.  But as I said, this kind of thing has happened far too often.  I agree tonight was purely bad luck, but why was Legwand so open?  I don't get why they don't play those 6 on 5 situations like they do on the pk.  The pk is so good because it's so aggressive.

People also need to stop blaming the lack of goal scoring as some sort of excuse.  Believe it or not, even the elite offensive teams have to protect late 1 goal leads as well.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#149 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Haha good, melt down. Maybe this'll finally light a fire under the organization to do something different.

Good. I hope he's as pissed as we all are right now.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#150 gsnts725

gsnts725

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

Good. I hope he's as pissed as we all are right now.

He should be. Giving away almost a sure point when all points are crucial at this point of the season would piss many people off.

#151 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

Lol how can people say the 'sudden hate for Deboer'. The Deboer hate started with the blown leads in 2012, then escalated with his consistent benching of Fayne and Larsson and playing of the Moose in 2013 then got intense with his love for Gionta Harrold and Salvador in 2013 and this season.

Edited by Zubie#8, 31 January 2014 - 11:28 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#152 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

This team is still making the damn playoffs!

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#153 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Lol how can people say the 'sudden hate for Deboer'. The Deboer hate started with the blown leads in 2012, then escalated with his consistent benching of Fayne and Larsson and playing of the Moose in 2013 then got intense with his love for Gionta Harrold and Salvador in 2013 and this season.

I'm as critical of Pete's decision making as anyone, but he also didn't ask to inherit this roster, either. Unless you've got some coach out there who can turn back the clock on some players, bless them with skill they don't have and resign all the talent they lost...well hire that guy right now.

People also forget it's just not Pete making decisions personnel wise, either. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 31 January 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#154 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

To be fair, Gionta has had a good season.  But playing Harrold over Fayne and Larsson is just facepalm worthy.  Now Larsson is rotting in the minors, and sending Gelinas down is gonna hurt this team.  I like Salvador, but he's useless.  We have Volcehnkov who's a better version of Salvador.

Lou needs to fvcking make a move!  If we're not gonna have Gelinas up here, then get a forward who will score!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#155 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

I'm as critical of Pete's decision making as anyone, but he also didn't ask to inherit this roster, either. Unless you've got some coach out there who can turn back the clock on some players, bless them with skill they don't have and resign all the talent they lost...well hire that guy right now.

His name is Jacques

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#156 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

A good coach can win with this roster.  I've seen worse rosters than this not only make the playoffs, but go deep in the playoffs.  

Ottawa last year was without their two best players (Spezza and Karlsson) for like 90% of the season.  And without those two players, their roster is on par with what we currently have.  They made the playoffs and won a round.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#157 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

His name is Jacques

Jacques was great at taking a roster with not much talent, and make the playoffs.  A lot of those Wild teams back in the day were not very good talent wise.  But he still managed to win with those teams.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#158 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

A good coach can win with this roster.  I've seen worse rosters than this not only make the playoffs, but go deep in the playoffs.  

Ottawa last year was without their two best players (Spezza and Karlsson) for like 90% of the season.  And without those two players, their roster is on par with what we currently have.  They made the playoffs and won a round.

Stop talking.  Ottawa had a .935 SV% last year.  If you can't win with that, you can't win with anything.  DeBoer's been saddled with one awful goaltender and he's finally learning to not trust him, although I have a bad feeling we see Brodeur in the next game given how this one ended.

#159 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Stop talking.  Ottawa had a .935 SV% last year.  If you can't win with that, you can't win with anything.  DeBoer's been saddled with one awful goaltender and he's finally learning to not trust him, although I have a bad feeling we see Brodeur in the next game given how this one ended.

None of this disproves what I just said.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#160 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

That's eternally optimistic. It really is. 

Ottawa also played a shortened season and had unbelievable goaltending. Speed helps, too. They also had Karlsson and Michalek back in the playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users