411 replies to this topic

#161 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

Interesting trade article. Colorado Avalanche Trade Rumors: Jaromir Jagr the Best Option

The comments are funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#162 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

We would t get him for nothing and he isn't going to make a difference

You don't know that because that's the whole idea of a reclamation project would be.  Like I said it would be a low risk move.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#163 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:53 AM

Unless we move a defensemen we can't afford his cap hit.

You don't know that because that's the whole idea of a reclamation project would be. Like I said it would be a low risk move.

#164 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

You don't know that because that's the whole idea of a reclamation project would be.  Like I said it would be a low risk move.

Someone who's constantly on IR can't be a reclamation project.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#165 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Another day of no moves to even marginally improve this steaming pile of mediocrity... Yaaaaaaaaaay.

I thought Lou may do something before the olympic deadlinen but why would I delude myself like that? I must be nuts...

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#166 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

Another day of no moves to even marginally improve this steaming pile of mediocrity... Yaaaaaaaaaay.

I thought Lou may do something before the olympic deadlinen but why would I delude myself like that? I must be nuts...

Devils have 6 games to play before the March 5 deadline.  I think those 6 games go a long way towards Lou deciding whether he's a buyer or a seller, and to what degree (not to mention if he's thinking about this season or future seasons).  But I'd be surprised if he does anything before that. 

If this team tanks in the next 6 and falls below NHL .500, I've got to think Lou sees what he can get for Jagr and, yes, Martin Brodeur, though that would be tricky considering Kinkaid may not be an NHL goaltender.  But I think keeping Marty around (if the team collapses) would not be the best idea, unless Marty understands that the job still needs to be Schneider's, no matter what; unfortunately, if the Devils fall out of this, Marty will probably expect more starts...kind of one last victory lap and one last bone thrown his way.  As if selling Schneider on re-signing with the Devils wasn't already going to be iffy this offseason.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#167 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

Selling would be so dumb.  They're 2 points out of a playoff spot.  And if we do make it, there isn't one team in the East that can steamroll us in the playoffs.  Any team we play we could make a series out of.

Outside of Pittsburgh or Boston maybe.

n2eg.jpg

#168 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

Boston maybe, but PITTSBURGH ABSOLUTELY NOT. We can win a series 4-1 against Pittsburgh, we've had their number since Crosby was drafted.

#169 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

why make a trade before the olympics? see if injuries occur and new trade needs might open up.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#170 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

why make a trade before the olympics? see if injuries occur and new trade needs might open up.

I'd say our trade needs have been crystal clear for at least a month though...

#171 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

we've played very well against Pittsburgh this year (and in recent years for that matter). I would not fear them in the playoffs at all.

#172 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

It's not like there are a bunch of deals happening and NJ is on the outside.  Nothing of significance is happening right now.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#173 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

That would be the biggest heist in awhile.

Zubrus-Zajac-O'Rielly

Elias-Stastny-Parenteau

Clowe-Henrique-Ryder

Carter-Loktionov-Bernier

Why is that writer allowed to write? That package would probably get Jagr + Henrique +

Edited by Mayday, 06 February 2014 - 06:23 PM.

#174 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

That would be the biggest heist in awhile.

Zubrus-Zajac-O'Rielly

Elias-Stastny-Parenteau

Clowe-Henrique-Ryder

Carter-Loktionov-Bernier

Why is that writer allowed to write? That package would probably get Jagr + Henrique +

I think the writer is saying Jagr for Stastny or Parenteau not Jagr for both.

Edited by CarpathianForest, 06 February 2014 - 06:39 PM.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#175 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

I think the writer is saying Jagr for Stastny or Parenteau not Jagr for both.

The author of that article has no credentials whatsoever

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#176 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Havlat on the cheap is exactly what we need.

#177 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Boston ok.

Pittsburgh no.  Sure they could beat us in 5 or 6.  But ask any Penguins fan what team they would hate to play.  Many will say the Devils.

Unless we move a defensemen we can't afford his cap hit.

Mark Fayne.  Sharks fans are willing to take a bag of pucks for him.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#178 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Boston ok.

Pittsburgh no.  Sure they could beat us in 5 or 6.  But ask any Penguins fan what team they would hate to play.  Many will say the Devils.

You're absolutely delusional if you think the Devils would be favorable in a matchup against the Penguins in a playoff series.

I don't care who Penguins fans hate to play - that is one incredibly talented roster.  The days of the Devils manhandling the Penguins kinda ended when Kovy and Parise departed.

And I know you're going to come back with "Well yeah but the season series is tied, so who knows!", but come on.  Do you really think the Devils can shut down the Crosby-Kunitz AND Malkin-Neal lines?  I don't.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 06 February 2014 - 10:43 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#179 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

You're absolutely delusional if you think the Devils would be favorable in a matchup against the Penguins in a playoff series.

I don't care who Penguins fans hate to play - that is one incredibly talented roster.  The days of the Devils manhandling the Penguins kinda ended when Kovy and Parise departed.

And I know you're going to come back with "Well yeah but the season series is tied, so who knows!", but come on.  Do you really think the Devils can shut down the Crosby-Kunitz AND Malkin-Neal lines?  I don't.

I gotta agree. Our defense isn't set up against the likes of those lines.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#180 fsu1852

fsu1852

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

Yeah, their roster is just too talented. But I do believe their goalie is overrated that is their weakness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users