1777 replies to this topic

#261 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

I still would love to figure out what the Mets did with the money they were ready to give Balfour after he took less to go to the Rays. They didn't sign Rodney, who was pretty comparable. They didn't sign anyone with it. I figured it was possible it could go towards Drew but that possibility seems nil at this point. Right back in the pockets of the Wilpons, I guess...

Mets are playing 2 final exhibition games in Montreal vs the Jays tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Games will be on MLB Network. Supposedly a great crowd due. 

Edited by nmigliore, 28 March 2014 - 01:43 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#262 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

Mejia got hit in the forearm with a comebacker and left the game tonight. Didn't look too distraught about it, but damn, he can't catch a freakin' break. 

Edited by nmigliore, 28 March 2014 - 07:43 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#263 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

only caught a second of the game...was it his pitching arm?

I still would love to figure out what the Mets did with the money they were ready to give Balfour after he took less to go to the Rays. They didn't sign Rodney, who was pretty comparable. They didn't sign anyone with it. I figured it was possible it could go towards Drew but that possibility seems nil at this point. Right back in the pockets of the Wilpons, I guess...

Mets are playing 2 final exhibition games in Montreal vs the Jays tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Games will be on MLB Network. Supposedly a great crowd due. 

good point. Maybe they stashed it away for down the line if they trade to bring in a player with a large salary...but yea, probably right back into the Wilpons pockets

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#264 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Yeah it hit his right forearm. Didn't look serious, I would imagine just a welt/bruise. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#265 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

Mejia is actually going in for an X-Ray tomorrow

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#266 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,724 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Do they have to send him back to NY for the x-ray?  Maybe it's my imagination but it seems like every time someone gets hurt in Florida they send him to NY for an x-ray, or when someone gets hurt in NY they send him down to Florida and it's always seemed odd to me.  Like there aren't good MRI machines in NY and Florida.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#267 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

Do they have to send him back to NY for the x-ray?  Maybe it's my imagination but it seems like every time someone gets hurt in Florida they send him to NY for an x-ray, or when someone gets hurt in NY they send him down to Florida and it's always seemed odd to me.  Like there aren't good MRI machines in NY and Florida.

Injury happened in Montreal this time, but no, he had x-rays locally, supposedly. Sounds like he's okay:

Jenrry Mejia in the clubhouse this morning. No cast or anything.

Edited by nmigliore, 29 March 2014 - 09:24 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#268 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,724 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

I keep forgetting about the exhibitions in Montreal, I wanted to watch at least one of them (I guess the second's tonight).  Couldn't watch last night since I was at that Hockey 101 sth thing for the Devils.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#269 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

I keep forgetting about the exhibitions in Montreal, I wanted to watch at least one of them (I guess the second's tonight).  Couldn't watch last night since I was at that Hockey 101 sth thing for the Devils.

1pm on MLB Network today, Dice-K starting. Pretty great crowd yesterday and another good one expected today. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#270 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Mejia wins the 5th starter spot!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#271 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,766 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Mejia wins the 5th starter spot!

Great, great, great news, whether he succeeds or not.  Time to start getting questions answered, which hasn't been happening at all under Passive's watch.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#272 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Well, opening day is upon us. Mets usually do very well on opening day but I'm not feeling extremely optimistic facing Strasburg and that potentially devastating Nats lineup.

Also don't like the "play opening day/off the next" schedule. Not sure why they always do that

Looking at our first 10 games...I would sign for 4-6

#273 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,766 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

Well, opening day is upon us. Mets usually do very well on opening day but I'm not feeling extremely optimistic facing Strasburg and that potentially devastating Nats lineup.

Also don't like the "play opening day/off the next" schedule. Not sure why they always do that

Looking at our first 10 games...I would sign for 4-6

They have to...in case it rains (of course, it can always rain two days in a row, espeically in April).  But I always hated that too (and April baseball in general kind of has a "start/stop" feel to it...of course, good starts always have a way of making that less apparent). 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#274 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,724 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

They probably shouldn't have Opening Days in the Northeast period the first two weeks of the season, but hopefully it gets nicer out for the ones that are going today.

#275 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,766 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

They probably shouldn't have Opening Days in the Northeast period the first two weeks of the season, but hopefully it gets nicer out for the ones that are going today.

Supposed to be sunny in the afternoon but only about 49 degrees.

#30 FOREVER!

#276 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

April is going to be really rough schedule-wise:

3 each vs WSH, CIN

3 each @ ATL, LAA

2 each @ ARI

3 each vs ATL

4 each vs STL

Other than Arizona, PECOTA projects all of those teams to be .500 or better, with St. Louis and Washington clear division favorites, and Los Angeles projected to win a tight AL West. 

----

Happy Opening Day everyone! The Mets are eerily keeping quiet with their lineup but I expect EY to be in there.

Edited by nmigliore, 31 March 2014 - 08:05 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#277 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,766 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

April is going to be really rough schedule-wise:

3 each vs WSH, CIN

3 each @ ATL, LAA

2 each @ ARI

3 each vs ATL

4 each vs STL

Other than Arizona, PECOTA projects all of those teams to be .500 or better, with St. Louis and Washington clear division favorites, and the Angels projected to win a tight AL West. 

nmig, Mets' sched has a 9-game road swing (three @ ATL, three @ LAA, three @ Arizona).  Then three more at ATL.  Very easy to see the Mets going 4-8 in those.  I'd be thrilled with 6-6.

That's what kind of blows...Mets could easily be five games under .500 by the end of the month, which means Passive's 90 prediction will be coming up a lot in the media. 

#30 FOREVER!

#278 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

6-9 in our first 15 would be fine by me, especially with our pen

I don't mind interleague play vs the Yankees and other interesting series (like when we go up to play Boston...which isn't enough by the way)

But visiting the Angels in April? Huh? Just weird

Edited by '7', 31 March 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#279 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

Daniel Murphy not in the lineup today since his wife went into labor. Eric Young Jr. at 2nd.

also Adam Rubin tweeted that the Mets lineup wasn't yet released due to some late "complications"...which got the fan base a bit riled up since it sounded kind of ominous. Another PR flub. Jay Horowitz really needs to go.

Edited by '7', 31 March 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#280 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Yeah, make that 3 vs Arizona, misread the schedule. 

Murphy being out of the lineup likely means EYJr. at 2B, Lagares in CF. I wonder if they'll make a paternity list move. The minimum absence is 1 game, so they could put Murphy on it and call-up a 40-man roster player. I mean, there is no reason not to, but of course Las Vegas being our AAA affiliate gets in the way of something like this. I wouldn't be surprised if they called up one of the 40-man players that is on the B-Mets' roster -- Tovar? At quick glance I think he's the only 2014 B-Met who is on the 40-man. 

Edited by nmigliore, 31 March 2014 - 08:42 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users