1725 replies to this topic

#281 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

Jeez, Chris Young out with a quad strain. TC actually gave though to putting Duda in LF (some things NEVER change). Instead it'll be Andrew Brown.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#282 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

Chris Young is also not playing today. Quad injury

Also Terry Collins states that some Mets are battling the flu

and away we go in 2014  :doh1:

Edited by '7', 31 March 2014 - 09:02 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#283 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

And whoever runs the Mets' official Twitter account misspelled Lagares "Legares." :lol:

Inauspicious beginning to 2014, indeed. 

Edited by nmigliore, 31 March 2014 - 09:06 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#284 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Alderson just took a shot...and I agree with 'em. Tighten things up for once.

Alderson on 90 wins getting out: "I'm never thrilled when private conversations become public, which happens all too frequently w/ the Mets"

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#285 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,212 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

Jeez, Chris Young out with a quad strain. TC actually gave though to putting Duda in LF (some things NEVER change). Instead it'll be Andrew Brown.

Only so much you can do with THREE first basemen on the roster, who are all getting in the lineup this series. Talk about a sideshow.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#286 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

Only so much you can do with THREE first basemen on the roster, who are all getting in the lineup this series. Talk about a sideshow.

Yep, that's what happens when you do absolutely nothing to address the position. No matter who starts, both need a platoon partner, which makes carrying Satin a necessity. Given the alternatives, I understand Duda being on the bench, but yeah, ideally you'd have a guy who better fits the 5th OF bill or else you start talking about Duda being in the outfield again when someone is hurting. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#287 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,385 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

Alderson just took a shot...and I agree with 'em. Tighten things up for once.

Alderson on 90 wins getting out: "I'm never thrilled when private conversations become public, which happens all too frequently w/ the Mets"

Not saying Sandy's wrong, but this is kind of like a guy who just went 0-for-4 with 3 Ks and an error criticizing other players.  Your offseason was a complete joke Sandy.  Shut up.

He does sound like he's one miserable SOB here.  Probably wishes he never took the job in the first place.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#288 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Yep, that's what happens when you do absolutely nothing to address the position. No matter who starts, both need a platoon partner, which makes carrying Satin a necessity. Given the alternatives, I understand Duda being on the bench, but yeah, ideally you'd have a guy who better fits the 5th OF bill or else you start talking about Duda being in the outfield again when someone is hurting. 

Don't worry, Bobby Abreu might be on the way!

#289 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

I know the Mets promised a sellout today...there is absolutely nobody in the stadium as Span came up to bat

#290 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

It actually filled out nicely. Good to see the Mets get to Strasburg early. The offense will likely be feast or famine all year. They will hit their share of HR's though

#291 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,385 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

It actually filled out nicely. Good to see the Mets get to Strasburg early. The offense will likely be feast or famine all year. They will hit their share of HR's though

Yeah, especially if Ike has a good year. 

Probably not great pitching conditions today.  Still nice to see four runs off Strasburg.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#292 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,212 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

Congrats Sandy, another great bullpen you assembled this year :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#293 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

Torres and Rice come in and neither throw a strike. 

#294 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Wow shocked that our disaster bullpen blew it. Shocked.

90 wins though!!!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#295 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,385 posts

Congrats Sandy, another great bullpen you assembled this year :P

Also a great job by Terry to wait yet again until the sh!t hits the fan...same ol' Terry.  Can't wait until the Mets hire a real manager. 

Sandy and Terry...Tweedledum and Tweedledumber. 

#30 FOREVER!

#296 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

Also a great job by Terry to wait yet again until the sh!t hits the fan...same ol' Terry.  Can't wait until the Mets hire a real manager. 

Sandy and Terry...Tweedledum and Tweedledumber. 

i sort of thought that too, but hey it's game 1 why not push Gee a tad and have him face Rendon. He has as good a chance with nothing in the tank as Rice/Torres

i can't go crazy at Terry for much the past 3 years. He has had little to work with. When he gets 74 win talent, he wins 74 games. Give him 90 win talent, and I doubt they'll underachieve. 

Edited by '7', 31 March 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#297 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,385 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

i sort of thought that too, but hey it's game 1 why not push Gee a tad and have him face Rendon. He has as good a chance with nothing in the tank as Rice/Torres

i can't go crazy at Terry for much the past 3 years. He has had little to work with. When he gets 74 win talent, he wins 74 games. Give him 90 win talent, and I doubt they'll underachieve. 

Terry is an amateur (notice how long it took him to get hired after his last gig), but I can't argue that he's been given loads to work with. 

11 Ks and counting for Mets hitters.  Guess we better get used to this.

Oh great, here comes Doofus. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 31 March 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#298 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,385 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for nothing Doof.  Hey, at least you made contact!

#30 FOREVER!

#299 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,385 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

EY:  0 for 3 with 3 Ks, sac fly

Ike:  0 for 2 with 1 BB

Tejada:  1 for 3 with 1 K

Doofus:  0 for 1

Glad to see that the Fab Four is back and in stride.  Awesome. 

#30 FOREVER!

#300 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

EYJr. is 0-3 with 3 strikeouts. Welcome to the regular season.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users