1776 replies to this topic

#361 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

3 days in and the season is already a dumpster fire...

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#362 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

CYoung to the DL and the-Grandy-man-can't racking up the Ks.  And oh yeah, no bullpen to speak of.  Great offseason Sandy. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#363 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

I've always known that Mike Francesa was a complete douche on many levels.  It's bad enough that he can barely put sentences together anymore (lots of stammering and Butt-Head like "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"s), and has a way of stating only the obvious or using lots of words to say nothing at all, but this is a whole new level of douchery for this bloated a$$hole:

http://espn.go.com/n...paternity-leave

"You're a major league baseball player. You can hire a nurse,'' Mike Francesa reportedly said of Murphy on WFAN Radio during Wednesday's show. "What are you gonna do, sit there and look at your wife in the hospital bed for two days?"

You fat, stupid, piece-of-sh!t blowhard.  REALLY?!  It was the birth of his first child you fvcking MORON!  Somehow you actually found someone who was willing to get on top of you (underneath you definitely was NOT an option) without throwing up (hope the room was as dark as possible for her sake) and was even willing to give birth to three children with you!  How the fvck can you tell someone that he is not entitled to two whopping days with his wife and newborn child?  Wow, he's going to a miss a whole two games with a team that everyone but Sandy knows has no chance to reach the playoffs.  How horrible.  And you have NO excuse Fat fvck...it's not like you haven't had kids...you should know that there's bonds that form and memories that are priceless when your wife/fiance/girlfriend/whoever gives birth to your child, and you're there for as much of as it as possible, both before, during, and after.   

What a complete fvcking jerk.  a$$hole. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#364 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Typical Wheeler game...too many pitches and too many foul balls.  Really hopes he makes progress on both of these fronts this year.   

#30 FOREVER!

#365 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

TC burning out arms as usual. Colon, Wheeler, Germen up again today after throwing multiple innings yesterday.

Great.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#366 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

TC burning out arms as usual. Colon, Wheeler, Germen up again today after throwing multiple innings yesterday.

Great.

100 pitches for Gee in 6.2 IP (and I think he was left in too long)

110 pitches for Colon in 6 IP

114 pitches for Zack in 6 IP

Yep, that's definitely TC-type starting-pitching killing.  But heaven forbid Passive might actually give him ANY semblence of a 'pen to work with. 

EY 0-for-10 with 4K so far.  How much longer before Sandy and Terry learn what the fans already know...that this guy sucks.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 03 April 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#367 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

I can't check because I'm on my phone but I believe Germen threw 30-40 yesterday too, and TC had him warming up.

This all after he leaned pretty heavily on Harvey last season.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#368 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

Here comes the Met bullpen to destroy any hope of a comeback.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#369 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

Rice only needed 4 pitches to give up two hits.  At least he's efficient.

Four-pitch walk...hey Sandy, you're actually paid to ADDRESS team weaknesses, you do know that don't you, you useless fvck!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 03 April 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#370 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

Here comes the Met bullpen to destroy any hope of a comeback.

6-2 before you can breathe.  Continued thanks for nothing Sandy.

Make that 7-2.

I know we can't do anything about the Wilpons, but can we get a real GM and a real manager instead of these befuddled imposters?

0-for-11 with 5 K for EY.  I'm so glad he's back. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 03 April 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#371 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

Hilarious. Regular season starts and EY turns back into the awful hitter he's always been. Unfortunately he'll keep getting run out there with this Young injury. Who needs Matt Joyce?!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#372 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

Hilarious. Regular season starts and EY turns back into the awful hitter he's always been. Unfortunately he'll keep getting run out there with this Young injury. Who needs Matt Joyce?!

We'll probably get fed a line about how EY had a fine spring and just needs time to find his stroke.  I hate this team already.  Took all of two-and-a-half games.

#30 FOREVER!

#373 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Yeah I thought going to a game this weekend would be a good idea before the season went to ****, who knew it could go to **** already in three games?  I'm already at the whatever stage about Saturday.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#374 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

Yeah I thought going to a game this weekend would be a good idea before the season went to ****, who knew it could go to **** already in three games?  I'm already at the whatever stage about Saturday.

I go to one or two games per year (sometimes more), and I know it can't stay THIS bad, but goddamn...the worst-case scenario is sure rearing its ugly head in a hurry. 

And Torres walks in a run.  Jesus H.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 03 April 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#375 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

This is like the perfect game for John Lannan to eat up innings in but nah let's use the young arm that threw 30+ pitches yesterday!

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#376 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

This is like the perfect game for John Lannan to eat up innings in but nah let's use the young arm that threw 30+ pitches yesterday!

Terry never fails to prove why he's an amateur that no one else wanted. 

#30 FOREVER!

#377 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

0-3 and outscored 22-10.  39 strikeouts. 

Angels are actually playing even worse...0-3 and outscored 26-8.  Yikes.

#30 FOREVER!

#378 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

I've always known that Mike Francesa was a complete douche on many levels.  It's bad enough that he can barely put sentences together anymore (lots of stammering and Butt-Head like "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"s), and has a way of stating only the obvious or using lots of words to say nothing at all, but this is a whole new level of douchery for this bloated a$$hole:

http://espn.go.com/n...paternity-leave

"You're a major league baseball player. You can hire a nurse,'' Mike Francesa reportedly said of Murphy on WFAN Radio during Wednesday's show. "What are you gonna do, sit there and look at your wife in the hospital bed for two days?"

You fat, stupid, piece-of-sh!t blowhard.  REALLY?!  It was the birth of his first child you fvcking MORON!  Somehow you actually found someone who was willing to get on top of you (underneath you definitely was NOT an option) without throwing up (hope the room was as dark as possible for her sake) and was even willing to give birth to three children with you!  How the fvck can you tell someone that he is not entitled to two whopping days with his wife and newborn child?  Wow, he's going to a miss a whole two games with a team that everyone but Sandy knows has no chance to reach the playoffs.  How horrible.  And you have NO excuse Fat fvck...it's not like you haven't had kids...you should know that there's bonds that form and memories that are priceless when your wife/fiance/girlfriend/whoever gives birth to your child, and you're there for as much of as it as possible, both before, during, and after.   

What a complete fvcking jerk.  a$$hole. 

As far as the Murphy thing goes, this is frigging April.  I might feel differently if this were a September/October game that actually mattered and Murphy missed the additional day but really getting on the guy for missing two April games (really one game, since I don't think anyone truly faults him for missing Opening Day) when he's played 317 of 324 games the past two seasons is silly.  Christ, you miss more time than that randomly getting the flu.

The truly hilarious part of Francesa's rant is his own station gives up to ten days' paternity leave - not three like the baseball CBA - which you can actually defer part of and take later that year.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 April 2014 - 03:48 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#379 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

TC now says they'll commit to one 1B for now instead of this silly juggling act. Ya know, this all could've been avoided if a certain someone didn't go half-ass on his job this winter.

Joel Sherman says Abreu has a 4/30 opt out on his minor league deal. Wonder if this happens sooner than later with Young on the DL and TC committing to one of Davis/Duda now. In fact, tomorrow wouldn't surprise me. We'll see.

Edited by nmigliore, 03 April 2014 - 04:18 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#380 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

I'm sure CR is thrilled Duda's the guy getting an extended look lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users