1714 replies to this topic

#561 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

I doubt they'll let Harang throw his arm out the way we kind of had to with Johan though who knows, they can always just replace him with the next reclamation project and keep on humming.  Them and the Cardinals are just remarkable in their abillity to get guys off the scrap heap and that's outlasted Mazzone and Dave Duncan in both places.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 18 April 2014 - 08:20 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#562 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Braves will pull Harang, looks like. Smart move if they do. Mets will lose.

Edited by nmigliore, 18 April 2014 - 08:21 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#563 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,988 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

yea, with Harang out there is no chance we get a hit. Another rotten Citi Field moment. To the Braves of all teams

Edited by '7', 18 April 2014 - 08:22 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#564 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,988 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

When are we going to put one in Freddie Freemans ear already? Then again Chipper Jones went 18 years without a brushback from the Mets so...never I guess.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#565 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

Welp, that officially ends it.

At least we were over .500 once!

Edited by nmigliore, 18 April 2014 - 08:26 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#566 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,988 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

What a circus of an 8th inning. Not sure why d'Armoron was throwing to 3rd with Uggla pretty much on the bag already, but you put on the Met uniform and all it does is apparently kill brain cells.

good lord Granderbay, make the catch already.

Edited by '7', 18 April 2014 - 08:37 PM.

#567 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

lol glad I kept Detroit-Boston on...this inning sounds like a nightmare.

If Mets lose, they'll be 6-3 on road and 2-5 at home. Hard to fathom.

No it's not Adam, not with this team :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#568 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,988 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

Thank you David Wright. At least the Braves won't be dancing on the field tonight.

Putrid effort still.

#569 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

A hit at last...as Derrick Coleman once famously said, whoopdie damn doo.

#570 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,988 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

I think the Mets are like 6-16 going back to last year in Wilpons tomb. Just atrocious. Can't win at home

#571 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

I think the Mets are like 6-16 going back to last year in Wilpons tomb. Just atrocious. Can't win at home

Close enough...7-15 in their last 22 home games going back to last year.  Actually it's worse if you go back to mid-August, 9-21 in their last 30 home games.  The sad part is we can probably find similar stretches more than once over the last five years.

#572 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,363 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

Didn't see this one.  Glad I didn't.  I'll be in Colorado all week, so I won't get to see much Met baseball at all.

Sucks that the Mets had a chance to make some kind of statement to their fans and failed miserably, but that's what they do.  At least Niese turned in a strong start. 

'7', I agree with you on Citi...I've always said it's a place the Mets happen to play in...of course, Freddy and Jeffy decided the ballpark should pay homage to a team that had left New York about 50 years prior to Citi's opening, which turned some fans off to the building right away.  They HAVE taken some steps to correct some of the outright stupid decisions, like building the Mets HOF...but 4978 is right, it's going to take some serious winning before it starts to feel like home.  Right now a lot of Met fans hate everything about their franchise. 

4978, I don't remember hearing anyone really bitch about the Rock.  Not sure what they'd really bitch about. 

Re:  Ike Davis, I'm not surprised Sandy loused it up.  The bigger joke is Doofus actually getting the job, but the good news is by next season, by virtue of the Doofmeister failing monumentally with this latest undeserved chance he's being given, the Mets should be in the market for a real first baseman next season.  I don't kid myself...if Davis had been the one to stick around, it might not have gone any better.  Oh well...guess it's time to look forward to 20-25 accidental home runs, a decent OB%, and not much more. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#573 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

CR: just the lack of success in the rock. The first couple years it seemed like it was built on an Indian burial ground or something. I remember up until 2012, the rangers had more playoff wins at the Rock than us. That was annoying

#574 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

The player to be named later in ike davis deal is expected to be a 2013 pirates draftee. Hearing that's key piece. #mets

Before people start asking about Austin Meadows or Reese McGuire, it definitely won't be them. These guys were 1st rounders and ranked among BP's Top 100 this offseason. There is absolutely NO chance either will be the PTBNL Ike Davis.

Edited by nmigliore, 19 April 2014 - 09:30 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#575 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,988 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

The Mets did save some money with this trade. What will they do with it? Improve the pen? Upgrade at short?

or nothing?

#576 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,363 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Error by Fat fvck leads to two unearned runs. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#577 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,363 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Ike is 2-for-2 with a walk already for his new team.  But nope, gotta see the awesomeness that is Lucas Duda.  Outstanding. 

#30 FOREVER!

#578 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,988 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

I think that ball went off Freemans foot. If it didn't it would go down the right field line, instead it meekly went to the right of Colon. Very likely it hit his foot but of course against the Mets that will never go our way. Still doesn't excuse Colon on the idiotic throw.

Granderson is very painful to watch now.

Also I don't know why Duda was going on contact earlier in the game when he was on 3rd with 0 out. Guy is clocked with a sundial, why go when the ball is hit to Simmons? Mets stupid yet again

Also Ike Davis 2-2 with a walk today.

#579 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

Colon pitches well despite having some shaky command tonight. Too bad for the lineup.

Edited by nmigliore, 19 April 2014 - 08:09 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#580 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,988 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

What a horrible call on the Nieuwenhuis check swing, no way did he go around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users