'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

Mejia looking very good through 6

Ike Davis 2-2 with a grand slam

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#602 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

Carlos Torres: Relief Ace.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#603 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

Mets win! Mejia was terrific. 

Nice way to start the series - kinda had to win this one given the pitching matchup. Now we get Wainwright, Wacha, Lynn.

Edited by nmigliore, 21 April 2014 - 08:54 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#604 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

If the Mets can get 1 of the next 3 then they get an A+ in this first nightmare stretch of 22 games. Whatever happens, they've already come out of it not buried, which is impressive.

Good to see d'Arnaud come around a bit. Crushed a ball to the deepest part of the park (really a HR most everywhere except San Francisco) also an RBI single

Granderson continues to stink.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#605 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

Updated Granderson projections, which include his awful 76 PA:

ZiPS: 505 PA, .202/.299/.393, +0.6 WAR

Steamer: 558 PA, .200/.292/.372, +0.7 WAR

4 years, $60 million.....

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#606 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

Not surprised by Granderson sucking.  The numbers were there the past two seasons to indicate it could go this way, but for some reason this is the guy Passive decided he was going to go all in on.  Not much to say...he's a bad and overrated GM.  The Ike deal has fleece-job written all over it.  This guy might even be WORSE than Jason Bay.

But overall, impossible to complain about the won-lost record.  Even if they drop the next three, like '7' rightly pointed out, this team is not buried.  I don't think we were expecting much more than 8 wins through 22 GP, especially after that 0-3 start.  

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#607 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

Granderson's OPS is .659 if you include last season with 2014 (321 PA). Oof. 

Even putting the schedule aside it's shocking to see them 10-9 considering the offense/pitching numbers: 29th in MLB in OPS, 12th in the NL in ERA and FIP. Yikes. 

Edited by nmigliore, 22 April 2014 - 08:32 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#608 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

I agree nmig, seems like they're 10-9 in spite of themselves for sure.  Gotta give Wright credit, he's somehow getting his numbers without getting much help.

EY's OB% dropping in a hurry now...down to .337.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#609 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

Here's an article, more related to fantasy baseball, but it briefly touches on Mejia's already-great strikeout having a chance to surge and walk rate decline based on his strike rate. 

Jenrry Mejia has gotten a ton of both called and swinging strikes. Yeah, his stuff is good. I still cannot believe that the Mets were seriously pitting him in a battle withDaisuke Matsuzaka for a rotation spot. Don’t worry about the inflated walk rate — his Str% is well above average and suggests that the walk rate is going to decline significantly.

http://www.fangraphs...t-rate-surgers/

That's pretty wild considering his K% is already fantastic (currently 20th among qualified MLB starters), especially for a groundballer. Not far fetched to say he has the chance to be one of the game's best starters if his arm doesn't fall off and his walk rate falls in line with his strike percentage.

Edited by nmigliore, 22 April 2014 - 10:06 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#610 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

Here's an article, more related to fantasy baseball, but it briefly touches on Mejia's already-great strikeout having a chance to surge and walk rate decline based on his strike rate. 

http://www.fangraphs...t-rate-surgers/

That's pretty wild considering his K% is already fantastic (currently 20th among qualified MLB starters), especially for a groundballer. Not far fetched to say he has the chance to be one of the game's best starters if his arm doesn't fall off and his walk rate falls in line with his strike percentage.

Thanks, I was trying to decide who to replace on my roster for Chris Sale. 

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#611 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

Harvey is getting backlash for tweeting out a photo of him smiling and sheepishly flipping the bird after he had TJS.

Big. fvcking. Deal. To anyone seriously "offended" by that, they can shove it up their ass. 

Harvey subsequently deleted his Twitter account, which is probably for the best anyway. Seems like anything he does gets ridiculously and unfairly blown out of proportion.

Edited by nmigliore, 22 April 2014 - 01:53 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#612 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

Yeah, sometimes I think Harvey deserves better than the Mets. 

Hope Mejia's walk rate drops as the article predicts. 

#30 FOREVER!

#613 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

Grandyman-can't now in an 0-for-21 skid.  Now batting .118 in 68 AB.  I know holding players accountable isn't exactly a hallmark of Passive's reign, but jeez, how much longer before this guy gets sat down for a game or two?  

#30 FOREVER!

#614 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

One of those nights where the Mets lineup is being mowed down.  Oh well, not like there wasn't a chance this would happen.  Just too many easy outs in the lineup. 

#30 FOREVER!

#615 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

Wainwright is too good, this was expected. Hopefully we can take 1 of the next 2. I'm cool with a series split.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#616 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Wright Ks in a big spot.  Sounds about, well, Wright.

Yeah, series split is definitely fine.  11-11 with this schedule would be great. 

#30 FOREVER!

#617 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

Just got back from Citi. Had free tickets from my sister but it was way too fvcking cold tonight. The wind is crazy. 

Really weird game too. Wacha's first 9 outs were strikeouts (or something like that) but then walked in 2 runs in the 4th and exited after 4 innings.

Edited by nmigliore, 23 April 2014 - 07:55 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#618 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Homerun Duda!

For all the crap he gets, he's now sitting with a 130 wRC+ through his first 65 PA this season and is at 121 dating back to last season. Not bad.

Edited by nmigliore, 23 April 2014 - 07:58 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#619 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

nmig, how long were you there for?

re:  Wacha...yeah, very odd line tonight for sure.  4 IP, 5 BB, 10 K.  93 pitches. 

Niese's ERA down to 2.52 after six innings. 

Still not a believer in Duda.  It's going to take a lot more. 

#30 FOREVER!

#620 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

Literally 3 innings. It was terrible. I was in the Promenade (sister got them from a blood drive, so of course they were cheap seats). Couldn't even stand in the concourse area, the wind gusts were worse there.

Think I'm pretty much done getting/accepting tickets for April night games so far in advance. :lol:

Edited by nmigliore, 23 April 2014 - 08:01 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users