A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Quintanilla! Hilarious.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#642 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,722 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Some clutch AB's in the ninth to tie it at least, but yeah this is like watching the Devils where every game's going to be an adventure cause of a bottom five in the league type offense.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#643 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,757 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Quintanilla! Hilarious.

Yeah, but you know that guy isn't any good.  Even meh guys get it done sometimes.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#644 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,722 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Granderson of all people...if this doesn't get him going, nothing will.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#645 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,757 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

Granderson of all people...if this doesn't get him going, nothing will.

Wow did he need that.  That should buy him a little currency from the fans, as long as he doesn't stink tomorrow.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#646 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

Yeah, but you know that guy isn't any good.  Even meh guys get it done sometimes.

In what way did my post imply he is? It's hilarious because he got a hit. He's probably one of the worst hitters in baseball, bench guys included.

Mets win! Exciting but they did what they needed to do. Losing after blowing the lead in the 8th would've sucked big balls. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#647 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,722 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

In what way did my post imply he is? It's hilarious because he got a hit. He's probably one of the worst hitters in baseball, bench guys included.

Mets win! Exciting but they did what they needed to do. Losing after blowing the lead in the 8th would've sucked big balls. 

It's a lot better psychologically having a 5-3 homestand to this point as opposed to the 4-4 I already had penned in after the back-to-back bombs.  Still need to win at least one of the two over the weekend, fortunately they miss Fernandez.

#648 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,757 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

Thought you were poking fun at my post that was saying it's pretty much a travesty that he's still on the team. 

Really feels like this team is doing it all with smoke and mirrors, but I'll take it.  Hopefully Passive recognizes that, if he was actually serious about the 90 thing, he will only be able to squeeze so many wins out of this lineup, even with the pitching looking pretty good. 

#30 FOREVER!

#649 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Funny how everyone else comes into Citi and hits bombs while it's like pulling teeth for us to do it.

Well a lot of it is psychological and reputation. The Marlins also play in a big park but it for some reason doesn't have the reputation of Citi. Citi I believe did mess with Davids head...but only in 2009, and I think it hurt Bay but that kind of decline can't be blamed solely on the ballpark.

Since then they've brought the fences in a bit several times...it now actually plays a lot fairer. Citi is really not the death valley it was in 2009 but the death valley reputation remains. Much like the old "The devils are boring BS"

that said the ball Wright hit in the bottom of the 5th should've been a home run. Wright needs to start hitting some more in general. 1 in 23 games is troubling.

Edited by '7', 25 April 2014 - 09:28 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#650 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

Thought you were poking fun at my post that was saying it's pretty much a travesty that he's still on the team. 

Not at all (I didn't even read the newer posts until after the fact). I completely agree it's a travesty he's still here. I ranted about this when they let Turner go and prior to the season when I wanted a bench featuring no "true backup SS." 

Give me someone like Andrew Brown on the bench with no emergency SS any day.

Edited by nmigliore, 25 April 2014 - 09:23 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#651 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,757 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Speaking of SS...looks like the Mets still have no interest in Stephen Drew...admittedly, coughing up the draft pick is a steep price, but it seems like it's only going to be a matter of time before Quintanilla takes the job away from Tejada (read:  very bad):

http://nesn.com/2014...oward-contract/

#30 FOREVER!

#652 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

At this point I just hope Flores starts hitting in Vegas so we can just hand him the job. I'm sure his range is terrible and all, but I think the guy will ultimately be a good major league hitter.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#653 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,757 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

Flores has already made five errors.  Sadly he's not going to be the answer, even if he does hit more (and it's hard to know how much more offense he'll provide).  This team can't afford shaky play and a lot of Es at the SS position...they don't hit enough to overcome extra outs and runs against.  I think it's going to be a repeat of 2013 (big surprise) very soon...Quintanilla takes the job away from Tejada (who the organization clearly doesn't support) and unless Passive makes a move, he'll be the stopgap for another year. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 26 April 2014 - 07:39 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

#654 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

Mike Puma is at it again. Made a disparaging, unprofessional comment/joke in regards to Colon saying, "I bet if the umps searched him they'd find peanut butter behind his neck." (Referencing the Pineda incident).

Mets players refused to speak to the media until he left the clubhouse last night. Awesome job sticking up for a teammate.

Mike Puma is a fvcking hack. He probably packs peanut butter up his fat fvcking ass crack for when he wants a snack.

1ebc757587c67bb260fa58d489cf2852.jpeg

Edited by nmigliore, 26 April 2014 - 08:46 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#655 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

I dont understand how somebody who looks like that can comment on anybody elses weight. That's ridiculous.

#656 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,757 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

Abreu!  Damn...smoked that one.

Re:  Puma...typical sportswriter...an dorky unathletic wanna-be who was never good enough to play himself and spent his childhood being the last one picked, so now he writes about people he wishes he could be like.  For the New York Post no less.  Loser.   

#30 FOREVER!

#657 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

The fvck was that in the 6th inning? How do you blow 5-1 to those pieces of garbage?

Mejia was really cruising too

Edited by '7', 26 April 2014 - 08:06 PM.

#658 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,757 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

Mejia comes apart in the 6th.  Torres gives up the go-ahead double.  Even though the starting pitching has been pretty good, these guys have to start getting into the seventh inning and beyond more often than they do.

The fvck was that in the 6th inning? How do you blow 5-1 to those pieces of garbage?

The Mets aren't exactly awesome themselves. 

And wow, Mejia's ERA went from 1.99 to 3.49.  Early season can really be a bitch from that standpoint.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 26 April 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#659 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

Here comes Familia. Well, hopefully we win the series tomorrow.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#660 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

heh, the Marlins are just that eternal thorn in the side that never leaves

I realize the Mets aren't really good either, but at 5-1 and Mejia cruising I was (foolishly apparently) hoping for a game where they go quietly into the night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users