1797 replies to this topic

#841 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

Meh, Farnsworth is what he is.  Hopefully his days of being the "closer by default" are coming to an end.  Even in his prime (or what passed for one), he was always susceptible to imploding in big spots.  And he's just never been consistent, especially from year to year. 

I'd give it to Familia just to see what he does with the chance.  His numbers have been good lately (like nmig says, this could be a fluke):  9.2 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 11 K.  In binary code, he's Not-Farnsworth, which is good enough for me.   

deGrom officially up...Germen going to the DL with a virus (?!)  Hope he gets in there tonight if the circumstances allow for it.

Florida is 17-5 at home, 3-14 on the road.  They're currently getting destroyed on a West Coast Trip.  Hard to believe that the Mets are only 3 games out, but they are. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#842 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

They'll need to make room for Montero, wonder if this is the end of Valverde or Dice-K. It almost has to be either one of them. Valverde has basically been relegated to Familia's previous role, so my bet is on him, barring a surprising DL move.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#843 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

11 BB in Dice K's last 8.1 IP.  I'd dump him based on that, though it's not like either one is an attractive option to keep around. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#844 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Jose Fernandez needs TJS. Wow, tough break for the Marlins.

I cannot stand pitchers.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#845 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

It's scary.  I'm not sure all of the babying is really helping them at all.  A lot of the old-timer feel these guys need to THROW. 

Just by seeing how the Mets handle their minor-leaguers (I'm sure most teams handle their youngsters in a similar fashion), you can't help but wonder if limiting young pitcher to about 5 innings every start is really a good idea.  Suddenly they have to get used to pitching 6+ innings and throwing 100 or so pitches. 

#30 FOREVER!

#846 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Glad mejia is back in the pen where IMO he's always belonged, hopefully that settles that question for all time.

Excited to see montero, although I'm not getting my hopes up, need to give him time and be patient- it's a marathon not a race.

On TJ surgery- It's scary how common its become. Heard a stat that over the past 2 months of the season 15 mlb players have gotten it- that's ridiculous. I have no medical credentials but I agree worth Nolan Ryan that it's more about what the player does in his youth- nowadays when a guy comes up he's pitched over a thousand innings starting in little league, by the time he makes the big leagues he's basically what a 35 year old vet was back in the 60s and 70s.

Edited by dmann422, 13 May 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#847 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,352 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

What an atrocious first inning by Wheeler. Got the DP and gagged it up. Wheeler is now desperately trying to give the Yankees the lead in the 2nd. Better get the damn pen up

Edited by '7', 13 May 2014 - 06:53 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#848 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

What an atrocious first inning by Wheeler. Got the DP and gagged it up

Wheeler is truly maddening sometimes.  I'm starting to wonder how good he's going to be, crazy as that sounds.  He hasn't dominated at any level in his pro career.  At the very least, he could use some of Harvey's competitive fire. 

#30 FOREVER!

#849 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,352 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

He reminds me a lot of Maine unfortunately.

tonight the Yankees are absolutely on every pitch. I wonder if he's tipping them. But nobody is fooled. Not a single hitter

Edited by '7', 13 May 2014 - 07:01 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#850 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

He reminds me a lot of Maine unfortunately.

tonight the Yankees are absolutely on every pitch. I wonder if he's tipping them. But nobody is fooled. Not a single hitter

The excess foul balls remind me of Leiter.  It's just so rare that Zack has a game where he's not laboring, even when the results are good. 

More and more I'm thinking he's going to be a tease...he won't suck, but every season it's going to be "Once he puts it all together..."  Except he never will...not entirely.

#30 FOREVER!

#851 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

Maybe the Mets can move to Yankee Stadium or Coors Field. 

Nice solid RBI single by Wright to plate the Mets' 7th run.

And Wheeler fvcking walks the first hitter in the 4th.  Terrible job by him tonight.

Make that two walks.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 13 May 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#852 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,352 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

Mets get their 4 run lead back and he starts walking the ballpark.

#853 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,352 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

That Gardner RBI single should be the last straw. He's dying to give up a 3 run jack so get him now Terry. He's done

#854 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

Mets get their 4 run lead back and he starts walking the ballpark.

This game might be his low point as a major-leaguer.  He's just been awful.  You can't throw friggin' strikes when given nice leads?  And of course Amateur Terry STILL can't figure out when to get a pitcher out of the game.  fvcking clown.

You got VERY lucky just then Terry.

#30 FOREVER!

#855 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,352 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

alright 11-4 with the Murphy shot off the pole.

Now let's not start walking guys!

And Wheeler proceeds to walk Ellsbury. Great. Nice job. Let him keep chucking at 110 pitches. Blow out his arm while you're at it. Base hit McCann. Operation "get the Yankees back in the game" in full effect

Edited by '7', 13 May 2014 - 08:31 PM.

#856 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

Why the hell is Wheeler still in? He's been terrible and he's clearly tired. Awful TC.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#857 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,352 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

Base hit Soriano

can we fire this stubborn dolt now?

#858 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

And people wonder why we hear about a pitcher needing TJS every other week....
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#859 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

Terrific relief by Dice-K. Hoping to see deGrom in the 9th -- perfect game for him to get his feet wet.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#860 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,352 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

Terrific relief by Dice-K. Hoping to see deGrom in the 9th -- perfect game for him to get his feet wet.

Nope, we need to see Familia come in and struggle to throw strikes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users