1750 replies to this topic

#1261 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

I doubt it, re: Herrera/SS - reports say he doesn't have the arm strength to play on the left side.

Of course I would never put anything past the Mets considering the Flores experiment.

Edited by nmigliore, 19 July 2014 - 07:18 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1262 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

So far not so good tonight.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1263 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

I'm worried this Ross guy will no-hit them!

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1264 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

They need to sweep this series if they have any delusions of doing anything (I think they actually DO have such delusions). 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1265 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

They need to sweep this series if they have any delusions of doing anything (I think they actually DO have such delusions). 

Just not our night. For some reason Gee is making this POS team look like the 27 Yankees...and we ran into a guy looking unhittable. Can't really get on them though since they were on a 9-2 run heading into this. These games happen

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1266 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

Just not our night. For some reason Gee is making this POS team look like the 27 Yankees...and we ran into a guy looking unhittable. Can't really get on them though since they were on a 9-2 run heading into this. These games happen

Very true.  It just means the Mets are going to have to win at least one more game against the Mariners or Brewers.  Sweeping the Padres would've made life easier for them. 

Of course, none of this really means much...I'm looking at the this from the Mets' point of view.  They think they're still in it (I don't).  They're five games under .500.  They have to start winning a hell of a lot if they really believe they've got a shot...probably at a .670ish clip, which means you've got to get it done against teams like the Padres.  

I think if this team finishes .500 or above, that's a much more realistic goal, and it would represent a step forward.  That's all I was really hoping for when the season began. 

#30 FOREVER!

#1267 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

Good to see Abreu is still as much of a p**sy as he's always been.  What a joke that play was.  If I'm Wheeler I'm furious.

And Murph's numbers are sinking back into bad-team ballplayer (or AL seventh or ninth-place on a contender) territory.  Oh well, that All-Star appearance was fun while it lasted. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 20 July 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#1268 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

Man this offense has just gone off a cliff. Can they get a god damn hit?

#1269 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

And as much as I'm glad d'Arnaud's been hitting since coming back, man does he suck behind the plate at times.  His D can be maddening, especially for a guy who's supposed to be a top catching prospect.

No way anyone expected Tejada to come through in that spot. 

4th straight pretty good start for Wheeler.  The BB on his record was intentional and Abreu pulling a Roger Dorn led Wheeler to allow one more hit than he should have. 

Last four starts:  25.1 IP, 23 H, 4 ER, 10 BB, 22 K.  Not like the numbers scream domination, but at least he's not allowing runs, and finding a level of consistency. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 20 July 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#1270 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

Haven't seen the game, figures a guy with nearly as many walks as strikeouts this season is no-hitting them. 

Oh well, at least Wheeler was apparently quite good based on his stat line. 

Mediocre return to AAA for Montero: 4 innings (was presumably on a pitch count), 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 K. Plawecki has been curiously absent for a few days.

Edited by nmigliore, 20 July 2014 - 05:25 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1271 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

MURPH

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1272 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

THE CAPTAIN BABY

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1273 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Wright coming through...always a nice surprise when he does.

#30 FOREVER!

#1274 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

That ball girl down the RF line.... damn.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1275 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

That ball girl down the RF line.... damn.

Yeah, she's pretty ridiculous.  Great glove.

Kooky DP there, but did the job. 

#30 FOREVER!

#1276 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

Yeah, she's pretty ridiculous.  Great glove.

Haha she is, but I didn't mean it that way..... :P

Edited by nmigliore, 20 July 2014 - 06:16 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1277 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

Of course they lose that way. Of course.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1278 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

Haha she is, but I didn't mean it that way..... :P

Oh she's quite fine that way too, lol...

Same old Mets.  Can't make this stuff up.

#30 FOREVER!

#1279 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,447 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

Man this offense has just gone off a cliff. Can they get a god damn hit?

Why should we expect them to hit in a ballpark that's even more of a cavern than Citi :P

They really put cold water on their pre-ASB run fast.  I figured they'd crap out but I was hoping it wouldn't be THIS soon.  Oh well at least they can maybe do what they should be doing and trying to deal off guys.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1280 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,447 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

4th straight pretty good start for Wheeler.  The BB on his record was intentional and Abreu pulling a Roger Dorn led Wheeler to allow one more hit than he should have. 

lol I've got to see this play now, what inning was it?  Abreu's always been scared of the wall though you're right, that was his rap when he was with the Phillies/Yankees.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users