1343 replies to this topic

#1341 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,796 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:43 PM

nmig, by all means, keep up the "Lucas Duda bitches!"  It seems to be working!  Whatever it takes...

Francesa reporting that the Phillies will make Cole Hamels available.  The Colon market (if it even exists) just got murkier.  Good news is he'll probably still be able to be moved by the August 31 deadline.  Doesn't necessarily have to happen now (though it'd be nice to see a spot open up for a Vegas arm). 

Turning the pre game Gary mentioned "Reading the tea leaves, it doesn't look like Colon will get traded/Mets will do much at the deadline"

I was in another room when he said it but that's pretty close to his exact quote

Not good. No reason to keep that bloated salary around any longer. We're not contending this year and can get a pretty good piece for him. Could be just a smokescreen, but he really needs to be traded and Noah brought up.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1342 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,072 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:12 PM

'7', his bloated salary is the reason he DOESN'T have much value, especially if younger/cheaper names are available.  No one wants to pay him $11 million next season...everyone's kind of waiting for the clock to strike midnight with Colon.  You're dreaming if you think the Mets will get much back for him.  I think what you hope for now is that he has a strong August and his being dealt is re-visited then...there shouldn't be as many names on the market by that time. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1343 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,147 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:51 PM

3-run homer for TdA! Hit a double off the LF wall earlier tonight as well. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1344 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,147 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:54 PM

The Mets have until the end of August to move Colon; nobody is going put in a waiver claim with the intention of blocking him next month, not with $11 million due to him next season. 

The one thing I don't want to see with Colon is the Mets having to eat a X amount of dollars and getting crap in return. I'm on board with trading him and using his salary to address other another hole(s) next season, but I think there does come a point where you have to ask if it's worth eating a few million and still getting junk back versus keeping him as your #4 or #5 entering next season (especially given pitcher attrition rates).

Edited by nmigliore, Yesterday, 07:56 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users