1717 replies to this topic

#1561 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

Wright is locked in where he is. I don't think Terry would move him down unless he falls into the .240's or something

I saw a stat the other day about how bad Wright is in late and clutch situations. Something like 6-60?

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1562 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

Also, looks like it will be Montero tomorrow vs Washington. No word yet on deGrom

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1563 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

Wright is locked in where he is. I don't think Terry would move him down unless he falls into the .240's or something

I saw a stat the other day about how bad Wright is in late and clutch situations. Something like 6-60?

I think that's horsesh!t on TC's part...Wright's batting third strictly on past merit.  He shouldn't be a lock to be third in the lineup just because. 

Clutch has never been Wright's strong suit, though he used to be a lot better in those situations. 

Also, looks like it will be Montero tomorrow vs Washington. No word yet on deGrom

Yeah, I had it wrong, Montero was supposed to be going today for Vegas, not yesterday.  Curious to see him...his last two Vegas outings were terrific. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 11 August 2014 - 12:53 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1564 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

I think that's horsesh!t on TC's part...Wright's batting third strictly on past merit.  He shouldn't be a lock to be third in the lineup just because. 

Clutch has never been Wright's strong suit, though he used to be a lot better in those situations. 

Yeah, I had it wrong, Montero was supposed to be going today for Vegas, not yesterday.  Curious to see him...his last two Vegas outings were terrific. 

The lack of power and RBI production from a spot where you're usually going to be batting with runners on is what's killing us. The fact that d'Arnaud has passed him in homers is astounding considering he hasn't even been here all year.

#1565 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

I swear to God Wright reads my posts and says "fvck that guy, I'll show him!"  nmig probably sends him links to this thread, lol.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1566 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

Yikes...I know d'Arnaud has to sit sometimes, and that this is the time to give den Dekker and Flores a look, but a bottom four of den Dekker-Flores-Recker-pitcher is pretty hard on the eyes.  At least Niese got a hit today.

#30 FOREVER!

#1567 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

yea but Niese negated that hit by walking the god damn pitcher the next inning to lead off. He can really frustrate you sometimes

#1568 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Looks like the Mets got their backs broken yesterday. Full on corpse mode today

#1569 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

yea but Niese negated that hit by walking the god damn pitcher the next inning to lead off. He can really frustrate you sometimes

I'm done with Niese as anything more than a 5th starter, and I'm not even thrilled at that prospect. 

Looks like the Mets got their backs broken yesterday. Full on corpse mode today

Five guys in the lineup hitting .230 or less.  That's going to make for a somnambulant offense. 

#30 FOREVER!

#1570 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

ok let's just keep bashing the mets. I think they're reading this in the dugout

#1571 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, of course the bottom of the lineup now comes through.  Recker is good for one thing...the occasional random HR.

#30 FOREVER!

#1572 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, of course the bottom of the lineup now comes through.  Recker is good for one thing...the occasional random HR.

he is built like Hulk Hogan. When he actually gets a hold of a fastball man does he crush it.

Nice throw by Lagares. Bailing out Terry who was again pushing a pitcher past 100.

#1573 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

True on Recker, but then there's all of the other ABs...bleech.

Lagares is a fielding beast, all he has to do is hit a little.  .270 avg/.325 OB% with some solid bats in the lineup to offset him will be just fine. 

#30 FOREVER!

#1574 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

This sh!t again? Good lord. Dopey Phillie fans as usual

Edited by '7', 11 August 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#1575 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

This sh!t again? Good lord. Dopey Phillie fans as usual

What happened? 

3 out of 4, 4-3 on the trip...not too bad, though somehow it doesn't feel like 4-3.

#30 FOREVER!

#1576 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

What happened? 

3 out of 4, 4-3 on the trip...not too bad, though somehow it doesn't feel like 4-3.

Bottom 9, 5-2...2 outs nobody on. So of course Familia decides it's a good time to walk Asche. Then Utley hits a ball to the wall that a fan reaches over and snares. Initially ruled a HR they later went to review and called it a double. Guy reached over with his hat to catch the ball.

#1577 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Also...deGrom has tendinitis in his rotator cuff. 15 day DL for him

#1578 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

I guess Montero gets the first shot to fill in for deGrom.  Makes sense based on recent outings.  Looks like deGrom will probably miss at least two starts, though if I'm the Mets, I probably just say screw it and shut him down.  Then go to a 6-man and bring up either Syndergaard or Verrett.  I'd go with Verrett myself, due to age more than anything else; Verrett is 24 and Syndergaard will be 22 in a couple of weeks.  I would REALLY like to see these guys pitch in a normal environment.  

BTW:

Syndergaard's ERA:  4.79  FIP:  3.85  BABIP:  .383

Verrett's ERA:  4.47  FIP:  4.40  BABIP:  .342

Think those guys are dying to get out of the PCL much?   

#30 FOREVER!

#1579 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

Pretty good article on Syndergaard, and the challenges of AAA pitching:

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1897969

#30 FOREVER!

#1580 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

And yet another pitcher has health issues in Verlander.  Ironically this year's Colon would actually be an upgrade over this year's Verlander for the Tigers, but it seems like that $11 million he's got coming to him next season seems to be a serious deterrent (along with the other obvious things) to any teams with possible interest.  So far the Mets have supposedly only offered to cover $2 million of that money to move him...they probably have to go to $4 million+ to make a deal happen.  I could live with $4 mil (frees up $7 mil to spend next season, and though they'll find every excuse not to spend, they HAVE to). 

Steven Matz has had two meh starts so far in AA, but has been anywhere from good to terrific in his other seven:  4 games with 0 ER, 1 with 1 ER, 1 with 2 ER, and 1 with 3 ER.  He now has an ERA of 2.48 in AA (FIP of 2.99)...it drops to 1.86 if you take out his first AA start. 

If Syndergaard or Verrett get a call-up, I wonder if Matz gets an AAA promotion.  36-year-old Giancarlo Alvarado, who has been beyond awful for much of his season in AAA, took Montero's turn in the rotation last night, but I can't see him keeping that spot, and obviously another spot will open up if the Mets want to get a look at Syndergaard or Verrett.  If Matz has a few more good starts, I'd love to see him with Vegas.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 12 August 2014 - 06:44 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users