1603 replies to this topic

#1601 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,229 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:49 PM

Colon's mother passes away.  A shame...I'm sure he's hurting.  Easy to forget these guys are human beings, with lives and families outside of the game. 

Wilpons are losers, Sandy is a loser, Terry is a loser.  Wright has become one.  That being said, there's a crop of young players who haven't been exposed to the Met way of doing things long enough to be indoctrinated into joining the loser's club, so the hope that the cycle will soon be broken lies with them. 

Speaking of young arms...another terrific start for Logan Verrett in his last outing (8 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 7 K), who has really been a different pitcher for a while now.  Only 34 hits and 15 BB allowed in his last 48 IP, covering seven starts. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, Yesterday, 10:00 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1602 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,887 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:40 PM

yea. Feel awful for Colon.

Verrett has earned his September call-up. Hope Reynolds joins him and we can give loser Tejada another shove out the door

Dillon Gee walks a .213 hitter to load the bases for Coco Crisp, who scorches a triple to give the A's an insurmountable 4-1 lead. Met struggling for that 5th hit once again.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1603 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,229 posts

Posted Today, 06:38 AM

Yeah, it's gotten ugly for Gee in a hurry.  Sucks in that Niese and Gee have saved their worst for now, after prolonged stretches of effective pitching (even if the sabes show that Gee benefitted from his fair share of luck during his run).

Re:  Tejada/Flores, let's face it, sticking with Flores is going to take a lot of patience...he's basically Tejada with worse defense (and Ron Darling in a WFAN interview last week basically said that he thinks Tejada is not a major-league SS defensively) and even worse offensive numbers (especially OB%).  I'm all for someone not named Tejada or Flores getting a shot, though I'm willing to give Flores until the end of August to start showing that he's more than a AAAA, Vegas-inflated fraud.  I don't need to see Tejada get yet another chance to meh it up. 

Steven Matz with another good outing on 8/17...he's given up 2 ER or less in 7 out of 10 AA starts.  His AA ERA is now down to 2.35.

Wright rocking a .257/.297/.271 slash line for August.  OB+SLG of .569.  So typical...team disappears offensively, Wright follows.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, Today, 06:54 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1604 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,887 posts

Posted Today, 06:03 PM

A stop the bleeding type win. Wheeler was ok...betrayed by some shoddy defense (as was Black) but for once the Mets hit enough to overcome it.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users