251 replies to this topic

#61 Broten1

Broten1

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

16.2%, 21st at home.  Don't think Broten knew that when he posted though.

7th on the road, 23.3%.

Given how much they struggle to score consistantly,they might as well be last.Not to mention 0 for 8 in shootouts,w only a single shootout goal.Are you kidding me?What a joke.But I guess you can't blame them since they've lost the talent they have the past 2 years.(Parise,Kovy)It was bound to happen.All the best fellow chaps.

It's my pleasure to root for an organization as solid as the Devil's.I feel we have a chance at the cup every year.

#62 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

What? they shouldn't "might as well be last" given that their PP is actually pretty good. Their overall scoring has no bearing on their PP ability.

For instance if we only scored 1.5 goals a game on average, and it was all on the PP. We'd probably have a pretty good PP if we are constantly scoring on it. Smoke more crack bro.

Edited by Sneax, 03 February 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#63 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Given how much they struggle to score consistantly,they might as well be last.Not to mention 0 for 8 in shootouts,w only a single shootout goal.Are you kidding me?What a joke.But I guess you can't blame them since they've lost the talent they have the past 2 years.(Parise,Kovy)It was bound to happen.All the best fellow chaps.

Back to the Rangers board with you.

While you're there, try this:

one space after a comma

two spaces after a period

At least it will make your dreck slightly easier on the eyes. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#64 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

Guess Lou gave Micheletti a happy meal and a pitcher of Kool-Aid before game time.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#65 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

Looks like some people got their wish with Salvador there.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#66 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

I know it sounds bad but hope he misses game.so they can bring larson back.

#67 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Looks like some people got their wish with Salvador there.

He's back out there, but I never wish for guys to get hurt, no matter how they're playing.

#30 FOREVER!

#68 Bonginator11

Bonginator11

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

So many posts...

#69 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

Lets see how.many more posts we hit

#70 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

Trying to set a record for mists posts in one game.

#71 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

Clang clang clang went the goalposts.

#72 Bonginator11

Bonginator11

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

This 4th line came to play!

#73 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

These posts mang.

#74 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

Stop hitting posts!  :rant:

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#75 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

why are they good at defense?

They trap. rofl

How do you watch these games and see trap? Seriously. We trap about as much as every team in the league does.

Edited by Sneax, 03 February 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#76 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

I'm convinced the hockey gods hate Cory Schneider.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#77 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

This game is a perfect response to everybody saying we're not a good team in the "Fire PDB Thread" and such. We're not a BAD team, we just can't score. A team that could shoot would be up by four in this game. Instead, we do everything right, hit post three times, and are up only one.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#78 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

This game is a perfect response to everybody saying we're not a good team in the "Fire PDB Thread" and such. We're not a BAD team, we just can't score. A team that could shoot would be up by four in this game. Instead, we do everything right, hit post three times, and are up only one.

I'm pretty sure scoring is a large part of the game.......and as such not being able to do it should count against or for how good a team you are.

Edited by Sneax, 03 February 2014 - 09:23 PM.

#79 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

This.

I've been saying all along all we need is a top 6 forward, and we're set.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#80 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

Yup it worked thanks!

Also every colorado fan here looks like a bandwagon leftover from the late 90s to early 2000's glory days. They love their team so much every single one of them I have seen were wearing a cheap knockoff jersey.

I really hate colorado and their fans. I hope the devils win this one.

I wonder how many of them are leftover from last night's game.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users