#122 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

who is accountable for this. something has to give

3 blown leads, 3 consecutive games. 2 points frittered away. this has to all fall on deboer

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#123 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

fvcking pathetic. How they fall apart like that while seeing an empty net when they are so good on the PK all season long... Just hard to understand.

If they can't stand that much pressure, then they really don't belong in the playoffs.

#124 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

See... I dont care that we are 2 or 4 points away from a playoffs spot. This team is proving weeks after weeks that they don't belong in the playoffs.

www.SterioDesign.com

#125 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

The end of every Devils game

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 February 2014 - 10:14 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#126 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Well, a few days off here if you're going to fire Pete do it now as it'll give a nice excuse. I mean sooner or later Pete is going to pay for this. It'll almost have to happen. This is like Groundhog Day.

Sooner or later, Lamoriello will realize that no matter how hard they try, it's not going to happen for them. It's not their year. It's like quicksand the harder you fight the more you sink. They don't quit, but they just do not have enough. That's on Lamoriello as well, but he's got no one to keep him accountable so he's not going anywhere.

Now, if they don't watch out, it's going to become a culture if it hasn't crept in already. That'll be worse then anything.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 03 February 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#127 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

BTW, if I'm Schneider, I'm asking for a trade right now Roy-style.

Just kidding, maybe, but if I'm pissed at this, I really can't imagine being him after tonight's game.

#128 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

This whole fvcking league can just go fvck itself. M'kay? M'kay. fvck this sh!t.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#129 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

who is accountable for this. something has to give

3 blown leads, 3 consecutive games. 2 points frittered away. this has to all fall on deboer

So of course we'll have Marty back in net for Edmonton, Loktionov will be scratched, we'll play 7 defensemen (Volch returns, Harrold), and Gionta will move up to the second line. Oh and Sestito will be recalled just for sh!ts and giggles.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#130 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

That ending blew chunks.

I wish we could see the postgame presser.

#131 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

The day after one of my favorite actors dies. Fvck PDB, Lou and the Devils.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#132 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Bad teams lose games like this.  The Devils are a bad team.

Time for Lou to unload as many veteran assets he can and blow thing up.

#133 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Not only did we have snow, but also my wife and I have decided not to go. It will almost certainly be a blowout in favor of the Devils.

Or, perhaps not.

#134 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

No accountability on this team, this team doesn't even have a captain in my eyes, who is the leader? It's definitely not you know who.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#135 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

See... I dont care that we are 2 or 4 points away from a playoffs spot. This team is proving weeks after weeks that they don't belong in the playoffs.

Everyone above them has games in hand, so it's not even like how far behind they are really matters.  Devils have to worry about winning fvcking games.

I can't give up on a team that's right there, with a goalie who's keeping them in games and is playing well, but just like Marty no longer stops enough pucks, the Devils don't score enough fvcking goals.  Yeah, they got a lot of rotten luck tonight, but the what the fvck else is new?  It's like they used up all of the positive luck they had in that 7-1 win over the Blues. 

Gotta win both games before the break now.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 03 February 2014 - 10:23 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#136 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Now that i take a step back to look at it...Its fine that we lost, im sure we had great corsi stats and possession for this game, its all that matters.  :thumbsup:

www.SterioDesign.com

#137 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

I'm exhausted don't know about you guys, I wish I could just shut hockey off in my mind.

#138 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

It would almost make this **** worth it if one of the beat writers had the nerve to ask Pete if three games qualified as a tendency, after his hissy fit the other night.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#139 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

EJ Hradek, The Devils always seem to find a way to lose games late.

What a shame... Jagr & Cory both had wonderful games

#140 Bonginator11

Bonginator11

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

No accountability on this team, this team doesn't even have a captain in my eyes, who is the leader? It's definitely not you know who.

I'd say it's Schneider. I usually don't like post game reactions such as the destroying of his goalie stick but this team needed to see that. At least someone on this team actually cares.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users