251 replies to this topic

#141 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

Not only did we have snow, but also my wife and I have decided not to go. It will almost certainly be a blowout in favor of the Devils.

lol they were 5-1 with three shutout wins (plus the Blues game) in games I wasn't at before tonight, so I was convinced this was going to be another shutout.  But the Devils' late game curse was stronger than my reverse jinx.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#142 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

I'm exhausted don't know about you guys, I wish I could just shut hockey off in my mind.

I'm too pissed to sleep.  I'm just so fed up with it being such a fvcking fight for this team to score some fvcking goals. 

Now that i take a step back to look at it...Its fine that we lost, im sure we had great corsi stats and possession for this game, its all that matters.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I definitely don't want to hear about any of that crap tonight, even if it makes sense. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#143 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

This was clearly the best game played of the 3 - NJ hits 3 posts and generates tons of scoring chances besides and loses.  This wasn't a 19 shot game where NJ tried to play it in the neutral zone.  They had another dominant 3rd period where Colorado got maybe 1 scoring chance until the shift of death and then they can't clear the puck and it ends up in the goal.  Then things spiral out from there.  It's not DeBoer's fault at all.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#144 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,036 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

I'd say it's Schneider. I usually don't like post game reactions such as the destroying of his goalie stick but this team needed to see that. At least someone on this team actually cares.

Yeah I lost it after this one. Still not fully calmed down. Three games in a row of this fvcking garbage will do that to you.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#145 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

It would almost make this **** worth it if one of the beat writers had the nerve to ask Pete if three games qualified as a tendency, after his hissy fit the other night.

No, it would be worth it if one of our beat writers had the nerve to ask Lamoriello the tough questions, too.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 03 February 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#146 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

Outplayed a great team and lost. This Devils team just drives you crazy. Another game where Cory gives up only 1 in 60 minutes and it's not good enough.

#147 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,402 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

Yeah, I definitely don't want to hear about any of that crap tonight, even if it makes sense. 

well just to be sure, i was 100% sarcastic lol it only shows that those stats that we're trying to hold on to just to feel better about our games are bullsh!t if you can't bury your chances.

www.SterioDesign.com

#148 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

Un fvcking believable

hey, no cussing

ban this man!!!!

#149 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

well just to be sure, i was 100% sarcastic lol it only shows that those stats that we're trying to hold on to just to feel better about our games are bullsh!t if you can't bury your chances.

No, I caught the sarcasm. 

Yeah, they're doing a lot of things right, but they're only 3-3-3 in their last nine.  I'm trying to remain optimistic, because there ARE some good things happening, but damn this team just keeps finding ways to leave points on the table.  When does it end? 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#150 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Don't really know how people can turn this around on PDB. Should Gionta have been out there late? No, but a team of better finishers would have been up by at least three. All we could eek out was one goal. I say it all the time, DeBoer puts the players in position, he just can't shoot the puck for them

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#151 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

I posted this gif earlier, but I gotta post it again. It sums up our season IMO:

pissing_in_the_wind_by_dragon_of_the_sun

#152 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

They play the extra attacker situation as if they're on the pk.  That I think is the problem.  They have to play it as if it's a 5 on 5 situation.  They let the opposition possess the puck in hoping a missed pass, or missed shot will get them possession.  It's stupid.  Another thing.  They can't be afraid to ice the puck.  Stop with this chip it off the boards BS.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#153 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,341 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

No, I caught the sarcasm. 

Yeah, they're doing a lot of things right, but they're only 3-3-3 in their last nine.  I'm trying to remain optimistic, because there ARE some good things happening, but damn this team just keeps finding ways to leave points on the table.  When does it end? 

well Salvador has to be subtracted. Another good offensive player needs to be added. Not Ovechkin good...but like David Perron/Matt Moulson type (doesn't have to be them specifically) Perhaps having one of them means we're up at least 2-0 in the final minute and take this one home

we need to win some future shootouts

we need to not lead the league in posts (I swear we must)

Ryder is still visible, but the puck is not going in for him. It has to start.

we have to keep soldiering on with Cory.

Gionta is not allowed on the ice in the last 5 minutes of a game

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#154 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

Tonight was simply a case of bad luck.  3 shots off the INSIDE part of the post, and a puck trickling on the goal line is the epitome of bad luck.

Edited by Mike Brown, 03 February 2014 - 10:47 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#155 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,341 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

They play the extra attacker situation as if they're on the pk.  That I think is the problem.  They have to play it as if it's a 5 on 5 situation.  They let the opposition possess the puck in hoping a missed pass, or missed shot will get them possession.  It's stupid.  Another thing.  They can't be afraid to ice the puck.  Stop with this chip it off the boards BS.

as crazy as it sounds I was almost hoping they'd tackle the puck carrier at that point and just take a penalty, take a time out to re group. I have a lot more faith of them killing a 6-4 fresh for 1:30 up 1-0 then watch them absolutely Carolina'd at the end like that.

Tonight was simply a case of bad luck.  3 shots off the INSIDE part of the post, and a puck trickling on the goal line is the epitome of bad luck.

how about Tampa/Florida last year, back to back same sh!t happens.

Seems to happen to us a lot huh.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#156 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

as crazy as it sounds I was almost hoping they'd tackle the puck carrier at that point and just take a penalty, take a time out to re group. I have a lot more faith of them killing a 6-4 fresh for 1:30 up 1-0 then watch them absolutely Carolina'd at the end like that.

how about Tampa/Florida last year, back to back same sh!t happens.

Seems to happen to us a lot huh.

In the Dallas and Nashville games, it was a case of one of our guys knocking the puck right to an opposing player.  All 3 of these blown leads are a result of bad luck imo.

In those two Florida team games, the opposition was allowed to just pass the puck to their guy and tap it into an empty net both times.  These two games were a result of sh!tty defense.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#157 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

The rotten luck never seems to end with them.   

Anyway, 33 points needed in their last 25 GP to get to 92 points.  16-8-1, 15-7-3, or 14-6-5.  Basically, they have an 0-3-0 slump and they're screwed.  And they need a 7-2 type run in the worst way.  I'm starting to think they need to bring a new body in here, just because...but I don't see Lou making that kind of move.  Nothing major, anyway.

#30 FOREVER!

#158 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

The rotten luck never seems to end with them.   

Anyway, 33 points needed in their last 25 GP to get to 92 points.  16-8-1, 15-7-3, or 14-6-5.  Basically, they have an 0-3-0 slump and they're screwed.  And they need a 7-2 type run in the worst way.  I'm starting to think they need to bring a new body in here, just because...but I don't see Lou making that kind of move.  Nothing major, anyway.

All of those records are very doable considering the light schedule the team has.  But something has to change.  They can't keep blowing these leads.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#159 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,036 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

All I know is this- I want Salvador off this team by March 5. Off. Gone. Get out. And never come back.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#160 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

All I know is this- I want Salvador off this team by March 5. Off. Gone. Get out. And never come back.

I'd trade him to the Habs for Brian Gionta.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users