140 replies to this topic

#81 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

About time. Good work Johnny boy.Team USA has got to be kicking themselves that they didn't take Schnides to the Olympics.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#82 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

You gotta believe guys, you gotta believe!

#83 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,905 posts

Merrill scored... So he'll be benched tomorrow when Volch comes back. :P

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#84 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

That shot wasn't that beautiful, was good. I think a good goalie stops that easily. I would be flipping my sh!t if Cory let that in. But good win, I guess if they manage to win tomorrow we still in the hunt. unfortunately we probably should be sellers.

Cory is just so solid, if he were on a team with scoring talent whatever team that would be would be a serious cup contender.

#85 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

wow, 12 combined shots for ryder henrique and clowe. at least ryder gets a point

#86 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,905 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

Wasn't responsible enough in his own end. He should learn from Harrold next game by sitting in the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merrill needs more Stephen Gionta in him. :P

#87 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

Congrats to Merrill! Seeing him and Gelinas in the next few years makes me happy. Is Larsson still alive?

#88 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

Dam. Every time broten says something we get points in some form. Keep it up.

#89 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

Happy that we won but again it took everything to beat the team with the worst GAA in the league + bryzgalov... Schneider was unreal again and we rely wayyyyyyyyyyy too much on him.

www.SterioDesign.com

#90 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

OH my God we won. We got Two points.

Schneider is not
whiner like Marty.

Way to go

Line changes meant zero

#91 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Loktionov with a goal in 8 minutes of ice time. Only Bernier had less time.

Clowe-Henrique-Ryder with a combined 10 shots in regulation, CF% ranging from 71.4-75%, with a O/DSt% ranging from 0-25%. No goals but more than held their own. Ryder's going to get a goal at some point, right?

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#92 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,103 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Happy that we won but again it took everything to beat the team with the worst GAA in the league + bryzgalov... Schneider was unreal again and we rely wayyyyyyyyyyy too much on him.

You lost me at you being happy.

The Oilers beat a hot Ranger team...I'll take wins in any form. 

1.88 GAA and a .925 save% for Cory.  Great great stuff.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 07 February 2014 - 09:54 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#93 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

Cory confirmed in net tomorrow already by deboer. I love it!

#94 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,905 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

Good job by Pete sticking with Schneider- I rip him for his bullsh!t, so I might as well give him credit for his decision to keep rolling with Cory.

#95 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,103 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Cory confirmed in net tomorrow already by deboer. I love it!

He really has been sensational for a while now.  No more than two goals allowed in regulation in 13 starts.  A .943 save% in 14 games since 12/28.  And the Devils have needed every bit of it.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#96 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Just saw the overtime. This is getting awful. Yeah it's a win, but this team simply cannot score. I'm just shocked that after a win it feels hopeless.

#97 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Marty cannot be happy. I'm happy with Cory starting but a little piece of me dies inside when I see Marty on the pine the last 7 games. Good for Cory. He's the future. Keep him happy so he stays beyond next year.

#98 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Go Cory

#99 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

great game for clowe.

Posted Image

#100 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

Merrill needs more Stephen Gionta in him. :P

I made the same joke in the chat...Pete has decided to ride with Cory ever since he started playing with a little Gionta in him.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users