140 replies to this topic

#121 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

I have one gripe.  There was one fan in the balcony section who kept doing Baumann's chant.  He did it like 4 times throughout the game.  Baumann's chant should be done once per game imo.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#122 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:34 AM

Granted I was sleepy and such, but what did Loktionov do to deserve coming off the top line? He got 6:36 with Jagr and Zubrus and that was it.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#123 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

I thought that line had good energy tonight, actually. Brunner is the right type of player to play with Elias, I think, his speed kind've makes up for what Elias lost and creates another dimension to both of their games. That being said, if Brunner is going to be in a scoring drought, it doesn't really matter how fast he skates, but then again, if you don't give our guys ice time because they haven't been scoring, we wouldn't be able to roll out a team.

and when you're Elias and you miss the entire net on a pretty much open lane at the goal, you're gonna have problems no matter who's on your line

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#124 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:36 AM

I thought that line had good energy tonight, actually. Brunner is the right type of player to play with Elias, I think, his speed kind've makes up for what Elias lost and creates another dimension to both of their games. That being said, if Brunner is going to be in a scoring drought, it doesn't really matter how fast he skates, but then again, if you don't give our guys ice time because they haven't been scoring, we wouldn't be able to roll out a team.

The Elias and Brunner line just kind of existed imo last night. Neither Elias or Brunner had a shot despite having really favorable zone starts (not having a single EV start in the D zone). They should've done better. Not sure how much Zajac or Gionta produced specifically on that line but it definitely wasn't much.

In terms of creating chances I actually thought Clowe-Henrique-Ryder was fantastic. 12 shots total and killed the Oilers in possession despite tough zone starts.

Going back to Brunner, he's lucky he's a RW otherwise he'd have to worry about getting scratched. 7 games without a goal and just 1 assist and 6 shots. This guy is such an enigma.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 08 February 2014 - 05:37 AM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#125 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

I introduced my girlfriend to hockey during the Panthers Devils series in 11. After game 1 she was amazed at how exciting it is. Since then, she hasn't missed a game. Not one. If we miss it, we watch it on tape delay. She knows the players better than I do sometimes, and has conversations with me about how livid she is with DeBoer stuffing the talent with slow vets.

And she's attractive.

What the hell, man. I'm lucky.

You are lucky brother. If she has a sister or a friend, tell her to send them my way. :P

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#126 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

and when you're Elias and you miss the entire net on a pretty much open lane at the goal, you're gonna have problems no matter who's on your line

And don't forget about the missed breakaway.  He has to bury one of those.  He didn't look all that good last night.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#127 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

NHLDevilsPR ‏@NHLDevilsPR 1m

Jon Merrill becomes the first player in #NJDevils history to score his first #NHL goal in overtime.

#128 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

You are lucky brother. If she has a sister or a friend, tell her to send them my way. :P

The rest of her family is still in Brazil! Just she and her parents moved over here a few years ago. Tough break ;)

Back to the game... Am I the only one who thought Brunner didn't play all that bad?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#129 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,576 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

Brunner had a real nice rush where he owned Justin Schultz but then inexplicably passed the puck.  He was on the puck a fair amount last night but just didn't do much with it, ultimately.  That's a problem, I think - when playing with Elias and Zajac, Brunner shouldn't be the guy with the puck.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#130 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

NHLDevilsPR ‏@NHLDevilsPR 1m

Jon Merrill becomes the first player in #NJDevils history to score his first #NHL goal in overtime.

I hope we see more of that shot he has.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#131 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

Brunner had a real nice rush where he owned Justin Schultz but then inexplicably passed the puck.  He was on the puck a fair amount last night but just didn't do much with it, ultimately.  That's a problem, I think - when playing with Elias and Zajac, Brunner shouldn't be the guy with the puck.

brunner really is just a streaky player.. i dont get the guy he goes a few games in a row being hot and then its like he goes on vacation for a while.. everyones inconsistency is whats killing us.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#132 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

Granted I was sleepy and such, but what did Loktionov do to deserve coming off the top line? He got 6:36 with Jagr and Zubrus and that was it.

well he scored a goal, so, there was that.

elias/ lokti or jj/ just makes sense with brunner as a line; you can switch elias back and forth from center to wing.

more line shuffling from Debo just looks awkward.

hawkward.jpeg

I hope we see more of that shot he has.

like tonight even.

Posted Image

#133 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

well he scored a goal, so, there was that.

:doh1:

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#134 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

Good game by the whole team! 3 posts.ughh. LGD. From seeing the highlights, NJ dominated.

Edited by Devs3cups, 08 February 2014 - 11:31 AM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#135 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

Good game by the whole team! 3 posts.ughh. LGD. From seeing the highlights, NJ dominated.

Did we hit 3 posts?  Good god that means we've hit 6 posts in the past 2 games?  The Devils should be playing 3 bar.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#136 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Did we hit 3 posts? Good god that means we've hit 6 posts in the past 2 games? The Devils should be playing 3 bar.

I think they hit 4 in the Colorado game, so 7 in two games. I always say that if the objective of the game was to hit the posts and crossbar, we'd lead the league in scoring.

#137 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

I think they hit 4 in the Colorado game, so 7 in two games. I always say that if the objective of the game was to hit the posts and crossbar, we'd lead the league in scoring.

All the posts against Colorado were shots on the inside part of the post too.  UGH!  I really think they should keep track of post shots.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#138 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

I have one gripe. There was one fan in the balcony section who kept doing Baumann's chant. He did it like 4 times throughout the game. Baumann's chant should be done once per game imo.

was it in 120?? There's a season ticket holder who is an absolute TROLL who would rather be a comedian or do every single generic chant instead being an intelligent hockey fan. He does the Baumann Chant 4-6 times a game. Section 120 is a zoo, idk why I still have season tickets there. He's also the guy who screams Crosby Watches after that god awful chant.

Edited by Zubie#8, 08 February 2014 - 02:11 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#139 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

Yeah the Phailures scouts are definitely there to scout Edmonton. I heard they wanted a look at Edmonton's goalie tonight. :P

:giggle:

Yea though, obviously EDM-PHI discussions. The reason the Flyers came to us is because EDM doesn't exactly make their way over here every week.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#140 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

208 a great section.  Great time with my old man last night.

Good ending to the game.  We need a scorer.. ASAP.

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users