38 replies to this topic

#21 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

Champs league depresses me this year. Don't have any love for Bayern, but I'm probably rooting for them. Hate Chelsea, City, and PSG, for obvious reasons. Also hate the fascist ultras both the Madrid clubs have (and I'm not a Barca fan). Would have loved to see Dortmund get through. At least the Noveau Riche clubs see to be blowing the Prem. I can get behind the Scousers winning it, even with Suarez.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#22 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

The title is Citys to lose. It has been for a long time IMO.

If they get past Everton away i think they win it on goal difference over Liverpool.

Chelsea Shat the ben with that loss to Sunderland, at which point i nearlt threw my TV through the window onto the one i had previosuly thrown out the window after the Crystal Palace defeat.

Cant see Chlesea winning the Champions league. Then again with Jose in charge anything is possible.

It was nice to spoil Liverpools party yesterday. Jose the master tactician strikes again. Although he seesm better prepared agaisnt the top clubs than anyone at the bottom.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#23 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

Such a disappointment, Chelsea got a huge lucky break.  One slip by Gerrard changed the entire complexion of the game. 

All Liverpool can do now is win their last two games and hope someone else can do some damage to Man City. 

On the relegation side, 38 points is the safety line right now, so Swansea is now officially safe, and a bunch others are close.  If Sunderland wins their game in hand, Norwich, Cardiff, and Fulton are each a loss away from going down.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#24 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Sunderland has been huge the last feew weeks, people had them dead and burried a long time ago, but it looks like they will probably survive to play again next year. & Crystal palace has been on a nice run as well, upto 10th I beleive.

Arsenal will end up in 4th as Everton choked their chacnes away...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#25 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

I see Everton stealing a point from City, especially at home. No one has been able to do what they needed to when they controlled their own destiny, and I don't see City bucking that trend, especially against an Everton team that, while they've made some mistakes recently, has a ton of pride, enough talent, and something to play for. IMO if Liverpool can do what they're supposed to (big if, since they're arguably the least talented of the top 3), it's still theirs to lose, even if City has the mathematical edge now.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#26 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:57 AM

Such a disappointment, Chelsea got a huge lucky break.  One slip by Gerrard changed the entire complexion of the game. 

All Liverpool can do now is win their last two games and hope someone else can do some damage to Man City. 

On the relegation side, 38 points is the safety line right now, so Swansea is now officially safe, and a bunch others are close.  If Sunderland wins their game in hand, Norwich, Cardiff, and Fulton are each a loss away from going down.

There was an element of luck on the first goal, but Chelsea put on a tactical masterclass, and were in every way better than Liverpool. We came in with a game plan and executed it to the letter.  

I cant see Norwich getting another point this season so i think they are down. But then again i couldnt see Sunderland getting anything out of City and Chelsea at home. Sunderland have a decent run in as do Fulham, i see Villa having massive problems on the last day of the season Totenham will want that europa spot from Everton.

I think realistically 37 points keeps you up this year.

Sunderland has been huge the last feew weeks, people had them dead and burried a long time ago, but it looks like they will probably survive to play again next year. & Crystal palace has been on a nice run as well, upto 10th I beleive.

Arsenal will end up in 4th as Everton choked their chacnes away...

Gus Poyet said sunderland needed a Miracle, well i think they already got one.

Agreed on Arsenal, Everton have a much tougher last two.

I see Everton stealing a point from City, especially at home. No one has been able to do what they needed to when they controlled their own destiny, and I don't see City bucking that trend, especially against an Everton team that, while they've made some mistakes recently, has a ton of pride, enough talent, and something to play for. IMO if Liverpool can do what they're supposed to (big if, since they're arguably the least talented of the top 3), it's still theirs to lose, even if City has the mathematical edge now.

There is a very, very good chance of this happening, but i think City will pull out all the stops for saturday. I think they risk David Silva and get the win. Liverpool have got a very unfortunate fixture against Crystal Palace on a monday night in Selhurst. Palace will be up for that game and are notoriously good against Liverpool at home. I can see points being dropped there. 

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#27 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

There is a very, very good chance of this happening, but i think City will pull out all the stops for saturday. I think they risk David Silva and get the win. Liverpool have got a very unfortunate fixture against Crystal Palace on a monday night in Selhurst. Palace will be up for that game and are notoriously good against Liverpool at home. I can see points being dropped there. 

Palace has been crazy since Pulis took over. They might have decided the title more than anyone else. 

Sumus Legio

sguq.jpg

#28 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

Real Madrid won today 4-0 going all the way!

#29 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

Just happy Chelsea did not make it!!
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#30 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

Real Madrid won today 4-0 going all the way!

Extremely premature. Atleti have already beaten them once and the second fixture was a draw. They can beat Real.

As for the EPL, I'm a Spurs supporter, so Ive got nothing to add lol.

#31 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

Premature yeah, was a in the moment post lol. Anyway, that was then, Real looks real good though.

#32 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

Grats on your Premier League title Man City.

After 8th last year, I can't be too mad about playing Champions League football next season.

Hopefully this is the start of a long period of good results for Liverpool, and not one fleeting moment at the top of the standings.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#33 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

So Arsenal finally wins a trophy, Ramsey is clearly the most important player on this team, when he was injured they when from 1st to 5th, and when he returned the offense all of the sudden restarted again.

The fact that thery were dwon 2-0 to Hull was really scarey..but really nice win

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#34 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

It was unfortunate for Hull that they found themselves with such an early lead. They would have been better keeping it at 0-0 for longer and getting the sucker punch right at the end.

You can 100% tell that Arsenal haven't won anything for a while, I think Wigan made less of a fuss last year and the beat City. Also all the Arsenal shirts have been dusted off, lots of Robert Pires and Lundberg shirts out and about.

Next year is looking to be a very , very exciting season.

Depending on transfers and how quickly Van Gaal settles in it could be 5 teams challenging to the end of the season.

Posted Image

#35 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:22 AM

Frank Lampard has played his last game in a Chelsea shirt. Apparently he is off to New York City Football Club to join David Villa.

One hell of a player, IMO the best Midfielder of his generation.

He is a true pro and a gentleman, if any of you guys get a chance to go see him next season (if he does sign) go see him and Villa.

Posted Image

#36 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Lampard is a piece of sh!t who has no business playing in New York City after his comments about 9/11. fvck him.

#37 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

Lampard is a piece of sh!t who has no business playing in New York City after his comments about 9/11. fvck him.

What are you talking about, He didn't make any comments.

He was drunk in a hotel with a load of his team mate, they were just being loud, they didn't say anything to anyone about 9/11. It just happened to be the day after 9/11. 

Once again the media blowing things out of proportion.

Posted Image

#38 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

http://www.telegraph...nken-abuse.html
The players involved, including the England Under-21 stars Frank Lampard, Jody Morris and John Terry, were said to have sneered and laughed at grieving relatives in the Posthouse hotel. 

#39 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

http://www.telegraph...nken-abuse.html
The players involved, including the England Under-21 stars Frank Lampard, Jody Morris and John Terry, were said to have sneered and laughed at grieving relatives in the Posthouse hotel. 

You said comments he made, he didn't make any comments.

Also the stuff about them intentionally abusing Americans has been show to be untrue, they were just generally being annoying to everyone.

Were they drunk and acting inappropriately in a public place? yes. was it intentionally to upset Americans because of 9/11? No.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users